Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Van Halen: new album "A different kind of truth" is out now! The album crushes..go buy it.

Commander PK

Right now I am not that impressed with everything I heard but it's early. I just have this fear this cd will actually end up being mediocre or down right suck.

Stay Frosty, which I heard from the VHND on Facebook sounded like something from Diver Down. I like that cd but it seems like they are rehashing and not really giving us a VH 2012.

Van Halen - Blood and Fire (Preview)

That is more like it!

Ripley was always a song that deserved the full vocal treatment.

Strangley that song kinda reminds me of" Little Guitars"

---------- Post added January-27th-2012 at 05:28 PM ----------

I will be seeing them twice this year

Feb 24 United Center Chicago

April 1 (april fools day) Allstate Arena Rosemont Ill

Strangley that song kinda reminds me of" Little Guitars"

---------- Post added January-27th-2012 at 05:28 PM ----------

I will be seeing them twice this year

Feb 24 United Center Chicago

April 1 (april fools day) Allstate Arena Rosemont Ill

Funny, I thought the same thing. It definitely has that "Diver Down" vibe...as far as the excellent originals on that album anyway. "Little Guitars" "Hang em' High" etc.

A couple of the songs ended up being streamed as a whole, not just 1:30 previews. With that said, the best of the bunch thus far is The Trouble with Never. Just google "Van Halen (insert song title here) full song" and you can stream to listen to Tattoo, Blood and Fire, and The Trouble with Never.

---------- Post added January-27th-2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

Funny, I thought the same thing. It definitely has that "Diver Down" vibe...as far as the excellent originals on that album anyway. "Little Guitars" "Hang em' High" etc.

I absolutely loved The Full Bug. For some reason, never got into Little Guitars.

it's out now on torrent sites..

I'm going to buy no matter what, but I love the new album. Listened to it a couple times. Love She's the Woman, Stay Frosty, The Trouble with Never, Beats Workin', Tattoo, You and Your Blues, Honeysweetiebabydoll, and Outta Space.

Here's some reviews:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/02/van-halen-different-truth-review?newsfeed=true

Despite the multi-platinum gluttony of the Sammy Hagar era, true Van Halen devotees have never been in any doubt about who they want to front their favourite band. Some 28 years after Jump and Hot for Teacher, David Lee Roth has squeezed back into his old spandex pants, his lascivious yelping at last reunited with legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen's nimble-fingered pyrotechnics (see page 12). In truth, this would have to be a dismal affair to fail to outstrip 1998's scorned Van Halen III, but once the DLR-related euphoria dies down, A Different Kind of Truth is a frequently thrilling return. These songs crackle, fizz and bulge with priapic exuberance, and not just due to the reliably demented Roth. Seemingly inspired by the presence of his 20-year-old son Wolfgang on bass, Van Halen is on extraordinary form, whether churning out sumptuous grooves on Tattoo and Big River, or gleefully setting his fretboard alight on China Town and the bug-eyed Bullethead. Against the odds, the party metal kings are back and blazing. Fun times.

http://www.antiquiet.com/reviews/2012/02/van-halen-come-out-swinging-on-a-different-kind-of-truth/

Van Halen’s first new album with David Lee Roth on the mic in nearly 30 years arrives February 7 on Interscope, and the results are disarmingly good. A Different Kind Of Truth is a true return of the ’80s ****-rock overlords, a screaming triumph for the feathered-hair dreamers who held on through a cinematically epic series of lineup changes, band implosions and shifting tides of musical fashion. That old familiar feeling has returned, the unique flare of excitement that comes from a muscle car rhythm section led by a six-string wizard and a singing sexual megalodon with an ego that made Kanye look like a kid flaunting his new Spider-Man underoos – and the pipes to back up the strut.

[Click link for full track by track review]

....but A Different Kind of Truth will be remembered as evidence that a band can endure every cliche in the book and return, with the right focus, obsessed dedication and mojo, to a sweet spot of rejuvenation – one that holds the hand of nostalgia but doesn’t go for the full embrace, leaning instead, wisely, toward evolution.

Welcome back, boys.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

I'm going to buy no matter what, but I love the new album. Listened to it a couple times. Love She's the Woman, Stay Frosty, The Trouble with Never, Beats Workin', Tattoo, You and Your Blues, Honeysweetiebabydoll, and Outta Space.

I will probably buy the Mp3 album first, and then actual collectors disk as soon as I get the chance. Been waiting a LONG LONG time for this one. :)

I've given it a couple listens and I'm really impressed. I didn't think these guys had an album like this in them. I know these songs were taken from old demos but it's still impressive. One thing I can't figure out is why Tattoo is on the album and certainly don't understand why they released it as their single. It turned me off and I'm sure a lot of others as well.

I might be off base but I'm going to give Wolfgang some credit for the way this record sounds. Not just his bass playing which he holds his own. But I think his youth infusion helped them a lot. This album has a bit of 20 something 'F U' to it. I'm not sure if would have that with Michael Anthony.

Just a thought...

Archived