Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have faced 6 Rookie QBs since 2006...... Their record????

neilclarke

i have seen our passive D's of the past sit back on rookie QB's, you have seen it too. But we did it with all the other QBs too, so its hard to remember.

The most annoying in recent memory was when Kurt Warner had an elbow cast and we didnt get after him all game. We were lucky to win that on what was our only sack of the game.

I think we can finally say we have an aggressive play caller on D. I have heard that everytime a DC is brought in, but I think this time it is true.

Yea, Im not afraid of the Panthers offense as much as I am our own..

This is true. The Panthers have also given up a ton of yards, I believe.

The 'Skins can't win a shoot out. Not with Beck, not with Grossman.

But they MIGHT be able to clobber a few turnovers out of Carolina. And if Gross-Beck can manage to hang onto the ball, they might just be able to get a win.

4-2 is MUCH better than 3-3. 4-2 going to Canada to face a Buffalo team that has a good offense, and a questionable defense. Could be a good matchup against the 'Skins who have a good defense, and a putrid offense.

The Redskins need to hit Cam Newton and hit him hard. 0-6 is a terrible statistic, but I doubt if Newton has the ability to elude this defense the whole day. He's going to get flustered. He's going to make mistakes and throw pics to Atogwe, Hall, and Josh Wilson will pick him off all day, and most importantly, He's going to get hit by Orakpo and Kerrigan.

It's a sad stat but in reality none of those games did the rookie QB beat us. He just didn't make killer rookie mistakes and his team beat us.

On the flip side the Skins did pound rookie Alex Smith in 2005 and rookie Eli Manning in 2004. But neither was putting up the numbers of Newton so who knows.

Newton Is big, strong, mobile and has no fear from most of the highlights Ive seen of him of late. His teammates love him. would probably take a bullet for him.

Cant blame Vegas. 3 point disadvantage against a damn 1-5 team is insulting but what can you do but prove it wrong? I don't think our Skins can do it tho. Panthers hate us in general and need this win badly. And as usual Skins will more then likely play down to a team like this.

Oh abso-friggin-lutely we'll play down to them. All we look at is a teams record and prepare like we're playing a high school team. If we were playing the Packers and their 5-0 record we'd be better prepared and play our best. But 1-5 or worse teams will haunt us. Always have and always will.

0-6.

Wow. Chick Hernandez mentioned this at the end of Comcast's Post Game Show. Guess Vegas is aware of this statistic as the Skins open as a 3 point dog to the 1-5 Panthers.

Here's hoping the streak ends at 6 on Sunday.

so funny man ... been thinking about this since I heard chick say it. that is freaking amazing. the streak has to end man.

Meh. I call it a coincidence. There's no magical curse that makes us lose vs rookies. Every year, a few teams start a rookie, some end up on our schedule, and we've lost most of our games since 2006 anyway, so there ya go. What's the record vs second-year players? Right, who cares? Players need to get this stat out of their head immediately. It doesn't matter. Just beat the Panthers.

• 1 year later...

I think we're going to lose on Sunday. I hope not, but I don't see it. We're in shambles defensively, and Foles had some good moments yesterday, without a week of starter reps in practice. We have no pass rush. Our secondary is terrible. Unless our offense can get it together, we are going to lose, and that streak will get longer.

Archived