Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have faced 6 Rookie QBs since 2006...... Their record????

neilclarke

I think this will be a good game to break the streak. The Eagles are in shambles and are falling faster than we are (which is pretty bad) also we are coming off a bye and should be healthier this week than previous. Nick Foles might be a long term answer but their offense doesnt work on the dink and dunk stuff that our defense allows. Our defense has been doing better at containing defenses and I think that continues this week when we play a team that has essentially given up.

Everyone said the same thing about the Eagles and they were held to 20. The Panthers are no Eagles. Cam Newton has been an interception machine this season. (let's hope Rex stays benched and we'll be fine)

But they're pretty close. Vick is a turnover machine.

1) Week 6 of the 2006 season - 1st round draft pick Vince Young came into FedEx Field and won 25-22 with the aide of some gaffes by the Redskins.

2) Week 11 of the 2006 season - 6th round draft pick Bruce Gradkowski spoiled Jason Campbell's debut as a starter with a 20-17 win at Raymond James Stadium.

3) Week 13 of the 2007 season - The Sean Taylor game - Rookie 3rd round pick Trent Edwards and his Buffalo Bills kicked the Redskins and their fans in the heart with a 17-16 win at FedEx Field, in the cold rain, minus #21...

4) Week 14 of the 2008 season - first round pick Joe Flacco contributed to the Redskins slide at the end of the 2008 season by beating the Redskins at M&T Bank Stadium 24-10. This game wasn't even as close as the score indicates...

5) Week 3 of the 2009 season - number 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford ended a 19 game losing streak by the Lions by defeating the Redskins 19-14. This was the game that affectively ended the Vinny Cerrato era in Washington, DC.

6) Week 3 of the 2010 season - number 1 overall pick Sam Bradford gives the home St Louis Crowd their first win of the 2010 season and the first win of his career in a 30-16 win... it was as much fun then as it sounds now....

7) Week 7 of the 2011 season - number 1 overall pick Cameron Newton led the Panthers over the Redskins at Bank of America Stadium 33-20. The ballad of John Beck was born in this game... and it would become a hit single the next week in Toronto vs the Bills.

8) Week 16 of the 2011 season - first round pick Christian Ponder led the Vikings to victory - well, sort of, he was hurt in this game, and Joe Webb came in and cleaned up the Redskins... but the loss still goes to the Redskins. Christmas eve at FedEx and the Skins got a 33-26 lump of coal. Thank goodness I had a DD for this game....

EDIT: Glad you guys bumped this... I've been working on the above post, etc for about an hour and a half to start a new thread. I didn't see this one at all...

I only have seven... are you guys counting Josh Johnson? Josh Johnson was in his first year as a starter, but he wasn't on the practice squad in 2008... he was on the 53. But he never played until 2009. He's the only one I could find to make it 8.

Sam Bradford in 2010

Archived