Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per rotoworld: Maurice Hurt Promoted

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I agree with that assessment. It would be nice to have Hurt at LG and keep Monty @ Center. Anyways its good to finally have our home-grown guys step in, instead of signing street FAs or trading draft picks for someone else's player. Hopefully it works out for him.

I agree.... at least he played on a great college squad, so he's gone up against pretty elite talent before I'm sure.

BLC, what are your thoughts on the Skins going forward this season?

lots of pain. lol

our offense is just in complete disarray right now. im confident about our defense, we remain pretty healthy there with decent depth. we have a real pass rush, ive been very impressed with OJ at FS, landry is back in action, kerrigan is a stud, and our dline is vastly improved. they dont worry me at all.

offense is just a nightmare tho. grossman flamed out, so now were left with unproven beck, total question mark. hightower is injured, torain will be injured again, helu cant carry the load, lichtensteiger is out for the season, williams is injured, who knows if monty/hurt/locklear/cook can pick up the slack in the run game or in pass pro. hankerson cant get activated so we still have no redzone threat, cooley is a shell of his former self. about the only thing i feel confident about on offense is fred davis (didnt think id ever type that).

im assuming we're going to sputter around on offense, and lose a lot of close games, just like we have been for as long as i can remember, due to the lack of a real franchise QB. if our run game can pick up the pace and take some pressure off of beck i think we'll win a few of these close games, but if not, we're in for a lot of L's.

I'd rather they played Hurt at guard and left Monty at C - just make the one change rather than two. Hurt did OK in preseason as well while Cook has looked shaky to me every time he has played.

I think I agree with this. I suppose if the Cook vs. Hurt talent drop-off is THAT substantial, it's best to rotate the line around. But, in theory, switching just one position seems better than 2!

So I am guessing we are now - Locklear, Montgomery, Cook, Chester and Brown - A least for a couple of games . I think Locklear is a better LT than RT which is why I am not moving Brown across, even though he is the better OLT ...

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

I'd rather they played Hurt at guard and left Monty at C - just make the one change rather than two. Hurt did OK in preseason as well while Cook has looked shaky to me every time he has played.

I do think this would be the better option though but I am not sure they have the same level of confidence with Hurt than they do with Cook

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 08:49 PM ----------

lots of pain. lol

our offense is just in complete disarray right now. im confident about our defense, we remain pretty healthy there with decent depth. we have a real pass rush, ive been very impressed with OJ at FS, landry is back in action, kerrigan is a stud, and our dline is vastly improved. they dont worry me at all.

offense is just a nightmare tho. grossman flamed out, so now were left with unproven beck, total question mark. hightower is injured, torain will be injured again, helu cant carry the load, lichtensteiger is out for the season, williams is injured, who knows if monty/hurt/locklear/cook can pick up the slack in the run game or in pass pro. hankerson cant get activated so we still have no redzone threat, cooley is a shell of his former self. about the only thing i feel confident about on offense is fred davis (didnt think id ever type that).

im assuming we're going to sputter around on offense, and lose a lot of close games, just like we have been for as long as i can remember, due to the lack of a real franchise QB. if our run game can pick up the pace and take some pressure off of beck i think we'll win a few of these close games, but if not, we're in for a lot of L's.

I completely agree with this assessment too .. I think this season is going to get ugly ...

Good luck to Maurice Hurt and to Lichtensteiger for a speedy recovery. Hopefully fans will recognize that we're putting a practice squad 7th round pick with raw talent out there and give him a break when he inevitably ****s up.

I think it still sucks that our offensive line depth continues to look pretty shabby even under Allen/Shanahan. Our starters are developing alright but the backups are completely unknown.

Good luck to Maurice Hurt and to Lichtensteiger for a speedy recovery. Hopefully fans will recognize that we're putting a practice squad 7th round pick with raw talent out there and give him a break when he inevitably ****s up.

I think it still sucks that our offensive line depth continues to look pretty shabby even under Allen/Shanahan. Our starters are developing alright but the backups are completely unknown.

With as long as we ignored the line, I'm not surprised at all. It's not going to fix itself in only two seasons. We had to get some quality starters first, hence Chester and Jammal Brown pick ups over the last few years. Developing depth is going to take another draft and free agency period before we can truly feel good about it. Look at it this way - Maurice Hurt is going to get decent playing time (especially if Cook falters - he got pushed back quite a bit yesterday) so we will have another game tested second year player as a quality back up next year.

Well, I guess this means our 1st round pick next year is a QB, 2nd & 3rd rounders are OL.

I hoped something like that would be the case anyway; at least as far as first and second picks - WR may have to wait another year unless Hankerson or Paul pan out, or we get lucky with a lower round choice.

There will be some shuffling with Williams out for the next few weeks. But I agree. Hopefully Hurt has caught on during practice and can show he will be worth the Roster Spot.

Hopefully, Hurt will practice well and do well in the weight room in order to gain confidence from the coaches. His number could very well get call upon if he's needed.

Hurt has been doing just that all along if they're comfortable with promoting him over signing veteran insurance.

wonder what that says about Eric Olsen?

Not much beyond the obvious fact that our staff likes Hurt more at this point in time.

Archived