Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per rotoworld: Maurice Hurt Promoted

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

So I am guessing we are now - Locklear, Montgomery, Cook, Chester and Brown - A least for a couple of games . I think Locklear is a better LT than RT which is why I am not moving Brown across, even though he is the better OLT ...

Absolutely not. You put your best LT at LT. Especially to protect a Quarterback who has the tendancy to keep the ball lose and fumble (if we go with Grossman). You can sacrifice a little on the right side, since the QB can see that side easier.

Brown LT -- Cook LG -- Monty C -- Chester RG -- Locklear RT

Backups: Willie Smith RT, Maurice Hurt LG/RG

Eric Cook came in to play Center, but he's also listed as a backup Guard on the teams depth chart. I'd think that after a full week of practice, he would play Guard and Monty would stay at Center for stability.

Absolutely not. You put your best LT at LT. Especially to protect a Quarterback who has the tendancy to keep the ball lose and fumble (if we go with Grossman). You can sacrifice a little on the right side, since the QB can see that side easier.

Brown LT -- Cook LG -- Monty C -- Chester RG -- Locklear RT

Backups: Willie Smith RT, Maurice Hurt LG/RG

Eric Cook came in to play Center, but he's also listed as a backup Guard on the teams depth chart. I'd think that after a full week of practice, he would play Guard and Monty would stay at Center for stability.

i think the guards are more important in our scheme than the center is and that's why monty plays guard.

lots of pain. lol

our offense is just in complete disarray right now. im confident about our defense, we remain pretty healthy there with decent depth. we have a real pass rush, ive been very impressed with OJ at FS, landry is back in action, kerrigan is a stud, and our dline is vastly improved. they dont worry me at all.

offense is just a nightmare tho. grossman flamed out, so now were left with unproven beck, total question mark. hightower is injured, torain will be injured again, helu cant carry the load, lichtensteiger is out for the season, williams is injured, who knows if monty/hurt/locklear/cook can pick up the slack in the run game or in pass pro. hankerson cant get activated so we still have no redzone threat, cooley is a shell of his former self. about the only thing i feel confident about on offense is fred davis (didnt think id ever type that).

im assuming we're going to sputter around on offense, and lose a lot of close games, just like we have been for as long as i can remember, due to the lack of a real franchise QB. if our run game can pick up the pace and take some pressure off of beck i think we'll win a few of these close games, but if not, we're in for a lot of L's.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I do think we will win more of the close games than we lose, especially on the back end of the schedule. I think the next few weeks might not be pretty but as long as the D stays healthy they will keep the skins in any game. We have some guys that can make an occasional big play, and I expect Helu to continue to improve. The difference between this team and the teams of recent memory is that it is really young, and they have a lot of room for improvement. Austin made a big catch last week. Davis has become a stud. At some point Hankerson will see some playing time this year.

Now we bring in Hurt, who I really like and maybe, with some luck, the kid will turn into a stud.

Still need a QB to make the next step but I like the way it's going

Archived