Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think Rex Grossman will start in Carolina...

Robbynice

...and while I don't feel good about it but I feel the coach can't yank him from the starting lineup because of one bad game. That will send the wrong message to the team. You have to atleast give him one half to see what he can do in Carolina and if he messes up you come in with Beck but they both have to prepare as if they are both starting this week. What say you guys?

Good luck to him.

Stepping into an O that can't score for ****, against a Carolina team averaging 22 a game and who's put up 23 or more 3 times, with another of 21, on the road; is not a good starting position.

Hail.

*Edit* I'm that hung up on Beck today I misread your title.

No, BTW. I don't think Grossman will start.

it wasnt just one bad game. rex has been pretty poor since opening day. his QB rating hasnt been above an 80 in any game. hes thrown 9 picks in the last 4 games, and lost a fumble, thats 10 turnovers and 4 TDs in 4 games. completely terrible.

i think beck will get the shot this week.

Nine times?.......NINE times.

ed-rooney-is-on-the-phone-e4f752cf468f15bb_large.jpg

...and while I don't feel good about it but I feel the coach can't yank him from the starting lineup because of one bad game. That will send the wrong message to the team. You have to atleast give him one half to see what he can do in Carolina and if he messes up you come in with Beck but they both have to prepare as if they are both starting this week. What say you guys?

rex has had rough outings for a few games.

i say Beck starts this week and our playbook becomes similar to the preseason. hopefully it works.

He was almost as bad against the Rams who have one of the worst defenses in the league, bad against Dallas too.

Rex is not mobile and has been consistently making costly decisions. Out of the two marginal QB's we have I rather have the most mobile marginal QB in there making something happen, escaping the collasped pocket, running for a first down Things Grossman does not do. This is the edge we need because the offense as whole is not making it happen.

Its not ONE bad game. He has played 3 consecutive poor games. The most we've scored offensively this season is 21 points! He has 11 turnovers in 5 games and 19 overall in his 8 starts. Thats AWFUL.

McNabb was benched for far less so there's no reason to continue down this path. The line is in trouble so why not give Beck a chance now considering he looked pretty good yesterday, offers more mobility, and can expand the playbook.

He's had nothing but bad games since game 1... and this particular game wasn't just a bad game.. it was a horrific game along the lines of what you would expect from a blind monkey throwing the ball.

Kurt Coleman endorses this statement

The players must HATE John Beck. They are all falling all over the place for Rex Grossman.

I think they all know that with Beck coming out, this means that the Redskins are going back to "rebuild" mode and some of the players may not be for that. I think a lot of them feel that they are better than this game (which I agree with).

But that locker room must HATE this dude.

I think Beck starts on Sunday and that Shanahan has already given Rex more time than he maybe should have already gotten. Let's not forget that Shanahan has liked Beck for a long time (traded for him and wanted to draft him) and probably knew the day was coming where he'd give him a shot to run the offense. He did the right thing by starting with Rex this season because Rex deserved it. However, Beck has more mobility, is probably going to be smarter with the ball and has more upside than Rex does.

I also think the Skins need to go out and get a 3rd string QB who is young and could be considered a possible option to start in the future. What's the harm in signing Graham Harrell off of the Packers practice squad and working him into our system? If not him, is there anyone else who may fit this bill. We need to keep pushing to see what options are out there besides Rex Grossman who will likely be gone after this year.

In Beck we trust........

The players must HATE John Beck. They are all falling all over the place for Rex Grossman.

I think they all know that with Beck coming out, this means that the Redskins are going back to "rebuild" mode and some of the players may not be for that. I think a lot of them feel that they are better than this game (which I agree with).

Apparently Jammal Brown was endorsing Beck. Frankly, I don't care so much what the players think. I think they will all give 100% effort, but I think Rex has had enough time to prove himself (he had two weeks to prepare for this game) and it's time to give Beck a shot.

What have players in any locker room come out & push for a change? Moss was against benching Brunell when we went to Campbell. Players have to support the starter until the change is made.

I also don't see how Beck represents a rebuild. This is a 6-10 win team IMO. With Rex playing how he has been we're in the 6-7 win range. Even if Beck falls flat on his face, we'll still have a similar w/l record. If he plays reasonably well and protects the ball, we might be able to exceed that win total.

Archived