Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think Rex Grossman will start in Carolina...

Robbynice

Beck will be the guy from here on out, Gross is gross, he played OK against the Giants but we needed a defensive play by Kerrigan to seal the game, Arizona is pretty bad and the defense had to save the day again, he couldn't put the ball in the end zone against the Boy's which any TD would have won the game, and he almost passed the Rams to a victory when we had the game locked late, then we watch horrid INT after INT against the Cheese-steaks and people want this guy to continue? You have to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be absolutely shocked if Shanny goes with Gross, SHOCKED!

ONE BAD GAME WTF???????? I hope you know Mcnabb has had and 80 qb rating in everygame accept in the season opener and Mcnabb doesn't look so hot...so what does that say about REX...Funny though I bet you would say Mcnabb stinks smh

Yeah and you have a better chance of winning with McNabb than you do with Ponder. Rex has been looking like a chicken with his head cut off trying to make the big play. I'm sorry but honestly we need to have Beck in there as well as Hankerson and Paul and why not Banks. We all know we will be the 3rd best team in our division. Beck may be a stop gap but some of these young players need playing time so why not do it.

...and while I don't feel good about it but I feel the coach can't yank him from the starting lineup because of one bad game. That will send the wrong message to the team. You have to atleast give him one half to see what he can do in Carolina and if he messes up you come in with Beck but they both have to prepare as if they are both starting this week. What say you guys?

Dood. He has the worst quarterback rating in the league...and Beck gives us the best chance to win.

Let's not look at the obvious: The four picks yesterday and the declining level of play over the previous three games.

Let's just look at the current state of the offense: two starting linemen out, one for the season. Wouldn't a more mobile QB (Beck) be a better way to go?

The Cooley injury: Not been talked about much, but I blame that one on Grossman. He totally laid Cooley out to dry on the pass in which he was hurt.

If you yank Grossman now, I would argue that you can put him back in if Beck doesn't play well over the course of a few games. If you let Grossman start against Carolina and he continues to play poorly, you've completely burnt that bridge.

Is it sending the wrong message to the rest of the team to bench Grossman? Hard to answer. And some might say yes given Moss's comments today. But I think Moss is just being a good teammate and saying that guys deserve to be able to make mistakes without looking over their shoulder. I think positioning the switch as trying to give the team the best chance to win is what most of the locker room will respond to.

Is Grossman too "fragile" for a benching? No. I actually think this is one instance where Grossman's attitude is an advantage. He's played this way his entire career. He will probably continue to play this way. That means you can put him back in and get the same package: the good and the bad. You're not going to damage this guy too badly by benching him.

Start Beck, find out what he's got. The box is open. You have to follow through.

Yeah and you have a better chance of winning with McNabb than you do with Ponder. Rex has been looking like a chicken with his head cut off trying to make the big play. I'm sorry but honestly we need to have Beck in there as well as Hankerson and Paul and why not Banks. We all know we will be the 3rd best team in our division. Beck may be a stop gap but some of these young players need playing time so why not do it.

Fair enough

After hearing how much support he has from guys like Moss, I think he'll start too.

I don't get it, how many INTs does this dude have to throw to make people understand that he is an INT throwing machine? It's not like he JUST now started throwing picks, he's been throwing them his whole damn career!@

You can't blame Rex entirely for this loss, of course not. The defense could have pitched a shutout >< You can however blame him for taking 4 potential scoring drives away from us, killing our momentum and giving it right back to Philly. That's how we lost.

lol if Rex starts its time to start questioning why Shanahan is the coach and what direction is this team headed in. This reminds me of Galloway starting until it became to obvious that he shouldn't start anymore or being playing.

Coach Gibbs needs to call Ego now. This isn't Denver baby, we fans we be chanting for Beck like he was Montana if you try and impose your will on us. We have been beating to long by false expectations and Dan's media hype machine. We are the reason Vinny got axed in 09. We just stopped tolerating the ****.

Start Rex and loose in NC next week and be ready to get booed out of Fed Ex.

IMO, the starting offensive lineup should be

QB Beck

RB Helu

WR Moss, Austin, Hankerson, Armstrong

These young guys need playing time, and its evident we're no Super Bowl caliber team, so why not give these guys game experience and see what they can bring to the table? Helu at least is explosive, as well as Austin, and who knows yet with Hankerson?

send a wrong message to team by bench him?!?!?!? He needs to be released yesterday, he costed the team two games so far! Who in their right mind would start that idiot? Why I think Shanahan is on the right path hes so damn wrong about the QB.

...and while I don't feel good about it but I feel the coach can't yank him from the starting lineup because of one bad game. That will send the wrong message to the team. You have to atleast give him one half to see what he can do in Carolina and if he messes up you come in with Beck but they both have to prepare as if they are both starting this week. What say you guys?

If so... He will be on a very very short leash

Starting Beck is an admission of a mistake.

You didn't think we were going to go thru this whole season with Grossman as starter did you?

:no:

Starting Grossman from the beginning of the season wasn't a mistake anyways. I thought they'd go with him, and I was OK with it then. Sort of nice try, but... please... no more.

You didn't think we were going to go thru this whole season with Grossman as starter did you?......Starting Grossman from the beginning of the season wasn't a mistake anyways. I thought they'd go with him, and I was OK with it then.
Wake up.

No, I didn't think Rex would start the whole season, because I thought starting Rex was a mistake in the first place.

If Beck starts against the Panthers how can starting Rex be viewed as anything other then a mistake?

Unless of course they expected Rex to play this poorly?

And if they did expect play to this poorly then shouldn't we expect more from the QB position?

it wasnt just one bad game. rex has been pretty poor since opening day. his QB rating hasnt been above an 80 in any game. hes thrown 9 picks in the last 4 games, and lost a fumble, thats 10 turnovers and 4 TDs in 4 games. completely terrible.

i think beck will get the shot this week.

I absolutely agree, I think if he hadn't had the week 1 performance against the Giants, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He's been pretty underwhelming ever since and getting worse.

I think Rex will start and play a good game. I think Shanahan will give him another chance to start. If he doesn;t play well expect Beck the rest of the way. I just don;t see the coach wanting to show lack of confidence in his starting QB when they have a winning record with him.

It makes sense that Beck came into last game becuase he was playing awful and he was trying to get something positive.

Archived