Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you believe that John Beck is now the starting QB for the Washington Redskins?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I swear to god though' date=' knowing Skins fans, if Beck throws for 300+ yards and 3 TD's next game, people will hop on that bandwagon so fast.... clinging to the slightest drop of hope is all we Skins fan can count on to save us from a heart attack...:([/quote']I know you're deliberately exaggerating, but if Beck can do that and we're 4-2, hell yeah there should be a bandwagon.

I swear to god though' date=' knowing Skins fans, if Beck throws for 300+ yards and 3 TD's next game, people will hop on that bandwagon so fast.... clinging to the slightest drop of hope is all we Skins fan can count on to save us from a heart attack...:([/quote']

Well, I can tell you now. If Beck starts and has stats like that next Sunday, how could you NOT be on the guy's bandwagon? The most interesting aspect to watch, will be the difference in play-calling. How much different does Kyle call the game with Beck in there?

So we have mister turnover Grossman.

And we have mister wobble pass Beck.

Seems to me they have to go with Beck. He came into camp in shape (unlike the rotund #8),

plus he did make some thinks happen with his feet.

To me that seems to be an advantage, not only in the aspect of keeping the drive alives, but it also holds the defense in check.

I just hope we can get a good QB in the draft, plus a big, physical receiver.

At least Beck wobble passes is near his own players but Redskins should look into a QB for 2012. They should have done it last April with all the draft picks they acquired.

I'd honestly give Rex one more chance with a really really short leash against the Panthers.

Never.

We've seen this crappy movie before. We know how it ends. Let's move on from the disaster and put it in our rear view mirror. All this "testing Rex" business is silly. Rex Grossman is a vet...benching him is not going to suddenly give him a stronger arm or make him more mobile.

This offseason was supposed to motivate grossman, but he showed up overweight and watched beck do all the organizing of the offseason workouts.

He barely beat beck in the preseason, even though he is way more experienced in this system.

He played well the first game and half the Arizona game.

Then he became who we thought he was, and to an extent much worse than some thought he could be.

He had his chance and was given a great opportunity to resurrect his career, especially since he was ****y enough to turn down a long term deal because he thought he could get a starting job somewhere else after this year.

Anyway, he's out of chances. You can't preach accountability and playing smart football and let your qb turn the ball over two times a game.

We will not make the playoffs with Rex Grossman at QB. With Beck we might win the division and we might go 4-12, but at least theres some hope.

Anybody else think Beck looked a lot like McNabb? Poor accuracy but has mobility and makes some plays. If Beck can figure out how to hit his target properly I think he will be at least decent... he made good decisions as far as I could tell.

They should have done it last April with all the draft picks they acquired.

Not if there was nobody they believed in to draft last April. Ultimately, which college QB that the organization decides to draft will be a monumental decision for this franchise. They are not going to take a guy just to take a guy. They will really have to believe they got "their guy."

Not if there was nobody they believed in to draft last April. Ultimately, which college QB that the organization decides to draft will be a monumental decision for this franchise. They are not going to take a guy just to take a guy. They will really have to believe they got "their guy."
Any guy could be better than Grossman. The Patriots were deciding between Brady and Tim Rattay. I rather the Redskins trade for Clausen than to deal with Grossman.

To me I am not totally sold on Beck. I was hoping that he would have made a big splash this year from what I have read. I truely believe our game preparation for teams sucks. Everyone said run the ball. Also every team is going to cover our only wr threat (Moss). If we could not establish the run what was plan B? Plan B came into the game late. Let the young wr play. At least we get to see everyones play skill.

I think Beck just needs time to develop a rhythm and trust with the wide receivers. That has always been true for him, so there remains that potential that these "wobble" passes and errant throws will start to disappear with each game he plays. IT IS TIME TO FIND OUT.

Beck needs to be given the opportunity to practice the entire week with the first team as well as starting a game to see what he can do. There is no point in starting Grossman again, only to bring in Beck after Grossman inevitably ****s up in the first half.

Based on Beck's performance in relief duty for Grossman I would think that the coaches would at least give the guy a chance. Grossman has been struggling since week two and the coaches have given him every opportunity to secure his spot. Up until now Washington has been winning despite him and it's time to see what the other guy can do.

I think the Shannys ride it out a bit longer with Grossman; he won the starter's job during the pre-season, and Shanahan probably is reluctant to make a switch based on a bad game. But the watch has begun and Rex needs to bring his A game for the next couple of weeks, or Beck is going to see increased playing time in practice and on the field.

I think the Shannys ride it out a bit longer with Grossman; he won the starter's job during the pre-season, and Shanahan probably is reluctant to make a switch based on a bad game. But the watch has begun and Rex needs to bring his A game for the next couple of weeks, or Beck is going to see increased playing time in practice and on the field.

I don't know man. I mean today, he was BAD. Really REALLY bad. For me, if you don't intend on giving Beck his shot now, why pull Rex at all. Why not keep him in and remove all doubt?

I will support the coach no matter what decision he makes, because overall I feel he is leading us in the right direction. For me, Rex just didn't beat out Beck soundly enough to have a lock on the job despite his performance today.

I mean, I'm guessing, and I'm too lazy to do the research, but Rex's QB rating today may be the worst yet for any QB this season.

Grossman's gotten progressively worse with every game---the opposite of whats supposed to happen as the season presses on. It's obvious that today was the end of the line for Rex.

Beck has to start against Cam and the Panthers. He may not have been perfect--he did come off the bench cold, keep in mind--but he moved the ball and delivered passes that resembled that of NFL QB.

Is he the answer? Who knows... but at this point, when there's still hope, while we're still in the hunt at 3-2... we have to find out--PERIOD!

Every. Single. Season. We have this same debate about who we should start at QB during the season. I'm so tired of it. I honestly don't care who we go with the rest of the season. I just hope we take a QB of the future next year in the draft, so we don't have these same debates every season regardless of the last name.

I cannot imagine what ES will look like when QB is not the issue lol

Simple enough. Is John Beck the starting QB for the Redskins now.

For me, I don't see how you can't go with Beck now. I've been in Rex's corner since the Shanahan's made the switch last season. I have hoped beyond hope that he would work out, but after today, and the steady decline in his play this season I just don't see how Beck doesn't get his shot now.

and I hope and pray that Beck does work out, because if he doesn't what then?

The person we will be drafting in 2012.

The person we will be drafting in 2012.

If that happens, all jokes aside this team probably has no real chance to win a Super Bowl before the 2014 season. That gives the "franchise" QB one year to sit and watch, (2012), and another to play and get the growing pains out of the way (2013), and that's only IF the guy actually pans out.

Edit: and this is why I was hoping for Rex to pan out. I didn't want to have to wait that long. Now if Beck turns out to be something we can build the offense around, great. Otherwise, stand by to stand by.

Archived