Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you believe that John Beck is now the starting QB for the Washington Redskins?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If that happens, all jokes aside this team probably has no real chance to win a Super Bowl before the 2014 season. That gives the "franchise" QB one year to sit and watch, (2012), and another to play and get the growing pains out of the way (2013), and that's only IF the guy actually pans out.

Edit: and this is why I was hoping for Rex to pan out. I didn't want to have to wait that long. Now if Beck turns out to be something we can build the offense around, great. Otherwise, stand by to stand by.

I think fans need to realize that this team is at least 2 more good offseasons (i.e both draft and FA like we had this year) from being a serious Superbowl contender.

There are still too many holes on this team. The shame is the offense is "taking its lumps" with too many older guys (Beck/Grossman-30,31, Jammal Brown-31, Chester 29, Santana 32, Cooley 29, Gaffney 30)

On D its gotten younger and better but there are still holes at ILB, CB and we still need more on the d-line.

We are essentially where the Packers were in 2008, without Aaron Rodgers

Interesting that both Rex and McNabb were benched in their respective games today and the backups seemed to play better.

And Campbell leaving his game with a broken collar bone.

Not a good day for ex-skins QB's, either.

I don't think Beck will replace Grossman, but I think he should. At least let him start next week against the Panthers and see how he does.

I was a fan of what he did during the preseason as alot of you were. Grossman just matched him pass for pass and the fact that he had experience he got the starting nod. Beck has had littler chance to prove himself so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for 4 quarters on a consistent basis. Yes alot of us want the young QB in waiting but I say give Beck a chance.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 05:17 AM ----------

Theres a reason why he's still available on the market, if teams with more dire QB situations wont make a pass at Garrard why should we?

Rex Grossman had a very strong preseason. He also was very sharp in the first two wins of the season. Since the third game of the season against Dallas, he has regressed in terns of play. He QBacking has become worse the last few weeks. Against the Cowboys, Rams, and Eagles, Rex's play has just gotten worse.

I was hoping that Mike Shanahan would pull Grossman at halftime, which would have given the Beck enough time to mount a comeback. But the coaches waited too long. Had Beck come out for the 3rd Quarter, it would have given the Redskins a better chance to win the game.

I've been cheering for Grossman since the season started. I was also hoping that Grossman would prove his critics wrong and that he had finally turned to a new chapter in his career. But it's time to face the facts that Rex Grossman has proven his critics right. It's time to accept the fact that Grossman can not play QB at a high level like Peyton Manning, a Phillip Rivers, or a Drew Brees.

There was optimism at the end of last season because Grossman actually played well when he replaced McNabb.

You don't have a game like that and remain the team's starting QB unless you are an elite QB. Grossman is far from an elite QB.

I was really hoping that Grossman would work out after he was named the starter for game 1. After this debacle I don't want to see him throw another pass for the Redskins. I can't root for the guy any more. I'm sorry, I just can't. That performance today is about as bad as I can recall any Redskins QB putting up.

today during my usual sunday afternoon game, i made a stupid and costly throw that resulted in a turnover. it was high risk and just a bad decision.i pretty much knew it at the time, but i wanted to make a play.

i learned from it, and didnt make that stupid throw again.

rex did this 4 friggin times...

done.

It's gotta be Beck. I wanted Rex to do well, but I think teams have studied him in this offense and figured out how to fluster him. Dropping back into passing lanes and getting hands up on the d-line, Rex has a real tough time with those situations.

Beck is more mobile and has a stronger arm. Rex has league and system experience. I think we know what we're going to get from Rex. Let's see what Beck can do and our 1st round pick this year should be earmarked for a QB that we can develop.

I hope so. Rex's lackadaisical approach just makes me nauseous and I never want to see him take a snap in a Redskins uniform again personally. I also think there's a decent chance we talk to the Bears about Cutler in the offseason. I think they both may be tired of the other. The fans may be content with Caleb taking over. The problem IMO is Martz.

Cutler and Mike reunion soon I hope...

I picked "yup" because I want him to be. I want to see what Beck can do after getting all the reps during practice. Beck did look kinda rough when he came in. He looked a bit out of shape. And he needs confidence with coaches supporting him. So, it might take a few weeks to get him in game form. Sorry, but continuing to play Grossman is a waste of a season...he's not a NFL starter caliber QB.

I just saw the MS and Rex pressers. Clearly, Shanahan is angry with Rex. When the head coach says he hasn't spoken with his starting QB after benching him, that's not a good sign. Shanahan didn't commit to starting Beck, but I think it's quite possible that Beck will start @Carolina next Sunday. I think Shanahan finally realizes that the offense, especially the QB, is holding back the rest of the team.

Shanahan needs to take responsibility. He wanted to start Beck from the day he traded for him (giving up nothing for him in the trade). Grossman's salary is $800,000. Beck's salary is $800,000. It is safe to say that no other team in the NFL coveted either one of these players. Time for Shanahan to show that he knows what he is doing when it comes to QBs. Regarding the QBs, we have seen very little from the Shanahans yet, except the Shanahans blaming the QBs for their failures. (OK, we have seen nothing from the little Shanahan, except him throwing up his hands and immediately telling Beck, "you are In," with the Big Shanahan later telling some story about why "they" made the change. It just seems similar to the "story" Shanahan told about why he pulled McNabb last year. Oddly familiar.)

My point is that it just doesn't seem like the Shanahan's have their acts together.

Shanahan needs to take responsibility. He wanted to start Beck from the day he traded for him (giving up nothing for him in the trade). Grossman's salary is $800,000. Beck's salary is $800,000. It is safe to say that no other team in the NFL coveted either one of these players. Time for Shanahan to show that he knows what he is doing when it comes to QBs. Regarding the QBs, we have seen very little from the Shanahans yet, except the Shanahans blaming the QBs for their failures. (OK, we have seen nothing from the little Shanahan, except him throwing up his hands and immediately telling Beck, "you are In," with the Big Shanahan later telling some story about why "they" made the change. It just seems similar to the "story" Shanahan told about why he pulled McNabb last year. Oddly familiar.)

My point is that it just doesn't seem like the Shanahan's have their acts together.

Shanny inherited a real mess when he signed on, many didn't realize how many needs we had when he came aboard but we basically needed to rebuild, but because no one wants to use that word for fear of ticket sales and every other revenue source it wasn't mentioned, but that is what is happening, we pretty much had to make due right now with the lack of draft picks he inherited and trade down rather than go after a QB, we needed to get NFL players on board not the arena rejects the Vinnie drafted on a regular basis.

Beck won't be great but he's an upgrade over Gross, and the team has gotten younger and more talented fairly quick, we will be fine with both Shannahans, but eventually we will need a talented QB.

Having watched the post game pressers I would have to say that Beck will get the start against Carolina. That's fine with me.

I would be fine with Rex getting another shot if that's what Coach thinks is best.

I am not, and have not been expecting a championship this year, so I'm good either way.

I think a secondary that includes Cromartie, Samuels, and Asomugha would cause problems for most QB's if they are playing to their potential. We have terrible match-ups with the WR's on this team, and nobody was getting open. Games like this with tight coverage call for a play-making WR, and we are still missing that guy.

The Eagles were playing for their season, and we didn't match their intensity.

Lets go get a ****ing win against the Panthers.

Archived