Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you believe that John Beck is now the starting QB for the Washington Redskins?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Somehow I think Kyle will persuade daddy to let Rex to start one more time

I doubt seriously that Kyle is wedded to Rex. It was just that he had a better grasp of the offense. I think we've seen the last of Rex. There's a reason Beck has a bigger contract than Rex does. Leadership never really had confidence in Rex as the future of the franchise. He's been nothing more than a caretaker.

No point in starting him with a short leash. He's already been responsible for 2 losses IMO. We all knew this would happen, why delay the inevitable?

Agree with the first sentence big time. No point in giving Rex the go if we're gonna pull him as soon as he messes up (which he will).

Now is the time to evaluate Beck.

Can it get any worse with Beck? No it can not if it goes just as bad with Beck as it does with Rex then hello early to mid 1st round draft pick

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 10:43 PM ----------

but then again we are 3-2 and i shouldent even be talking about the 1st round pick my apologies everyone

Beck should have been the starter since day one, but they played the safest bet to start a season. They felt Beck was a little green and Grossman had the experience. Which is the right way to do it. Beck shows the ability to get away and make a play with his feet, a stronger arm and better judgement. I look forward to seeing Beck start here in the near future.

and I guess not to get ahead of ourselves, but let's say that Beck screws the pooch also. Do we bring in another veteran QB next season to place hold for the draft pick? Who would we get? Trade for Kyle Orton? lull Carson Palmer out of retirement?

No. What we do is retain Beck for the final year of his contract next year. We draft O-lineman this year and let them gel with Beck as their punching bag while they take their lumps. Then, at the end of the year, we let our rookie start a couple of games to get some real game experience. With a bad year next year, we have high draft picks to get our new QB some shiny toys, and continue to bolster to O-line. Then our rookie starts year 2 with a more experienced O-line so he doesn't die.

Im pretty sure Shanahan is going to stick with Rex as the starter, having benching him to shake him up a bit. He'll leave him as the starter....

BTW, which is completely NUTS if he does. 9/22. 120 something yards. 0 TDs. 4 INTs

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 10:50 PM ----------

That's got to be one of the worst performances by a Redskins QB i've ever seen. I don't even think Jason Campbell had a game like that....

Absolutely. Dreadful.

To me, the QB debate is so uninteresting - simply because I don't think either guy is the long-term answer, and I don't think either QB is capable of greatness. I really hope I'm wrong and hate to be so pessimistic, but that's how I see it. Basically, I figure, we'll get a new QB next offseason anyways, as we continue to rebuild in stages.

Grossman was horrendous today, so may as well give Beck a shot and see what he can do.

I wanted to vote Yes because I think it is time, but;

I voted No because I think Rex will walk into Kyle's office tomorrow morning, give some half-assed excuse, blame everyone else except himself, and him and Kyle will put on some Barry White and shut the door.

In all honesty, look at Grossman's career; look at what he did, or didn't do, in Chicago; look at what he didn't do in Houston; look at what he's not doing here, which is progress. Its the same throwing into triple coverage, hanging receivers out to dry, and making bad decisions in his game. What Kyle sees in him I have no idea, but its pretty evident that Rex is not cut out to be a starting QB; at least here he isn't...

So we have mister turnover Grossman.

And we have mister wobble pass Beck.

Seems to me they have to go with Beck. He came into camp in shape (unlike the rotund #8),

plus he did make some thinks happen with his feet.

To me that seems to be an advantage, not only in the aspect of keeping the drive alives, but it also holds the defense in check.

I just hope we can get a good QB in the draft, plus a big, physical receiver.

I would think, that Shanny thinks, whatever Grossman did in Chicago means nothing in terms of him starting here. So as far as he's concerned, Rex so far has one mega bad implosion of a game under his belt.

But think about it. Rex's first TO of the season was "THERE'S THE TURNOVER FINALLY". As if he isn't allowed any. Just imagine if he plays again and what will happen when he throws just ONE MORE pick.

What do we have to lose at this point, considering we were winning this season in spite of Rex not because of Rex? Its not like we're benching Tom Brady to start Beck.

and I guess it boils down to this. If we were winning with Rex, who up until today hadn't been THAT bad, but was still throwing that one horrible pick per game. Can Beck be a lot better? I mean Rex throws four picks today, the last one which was horribly inexcusable. What if Beck throws NO picks. What if Beck can be the mistake free game manager we hoped Rex might be?

Does that change our fortunes on offense almost immediately?

Archived