Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Preview for next week looks fun. This week was boring though.

Oh and did anyone else notice far more commercials than your average show? AMC is milking this for all it's worth.

When I was working for the cable tv industry, it was a kind of a joke about how AMC was great at making these hit shows but AWFUL at making money off them. The network is just mismanaged so they have these heavy handed ad runs throughout the show/series.

When I was working for the cable tv industry, it was a kind of a joke about how AMC was great at making these hit shows but AWFUL at making money off them. The network is just mismanaged so they have these heavy handed ad runs throughout the show/series.

I want to know where Rick & co. came across a shiny 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe......

I want to know where Rick & co. came across a shiny 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe......

It'd be a funny inside joke if the Sante Fe was constantly getting upgraded to the new model year each year or if the current one conks out and they get into a Sonata next. The car product placement isn't bad, ever notice how Dexter always drives a Ford?

It'd be a funny inside joke if the Sante Fe was constantly getting upgraded to the new model year each year or if the current one conks out and they get into a Sonata next. The car product placement isn't bad, ever notice how Dexter always drives a Ford?

Try watching any series on FOX. They love their Dodge and Apple products.

Apple doesn't pay for placement is the only distinction I'd draw. Nearly everyone uses Apple products in their shots because they are really cool looking (brushed steel, white plastic).

---------- Post added February-11th-2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

I thought it would've been really funny if, when the Governor came out to shoot that bitten man, that he missed on his first shot due to a lack of depth perception.

Yeah, someone else definitely needs to take over as leader. I'm not sure who though. Maybe the new guy whose leading the other group?

Glenn

He's went bloodthirsty,already plans much, and has a base of support

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/walking-dead-ratings-return-amc/

AMC’s The Walking Dead returned last night from its third season break with 12.3 million viewers. The 9 PM midseason premiere is a series high for the zombie apocalypse show. The airing Sunday also pulled in 7.7 million among Adults 18-49. That’s a record for a series in basic cable history and up 6% from the show’s previous high of its October 14 season premiere. In total 16.6 million viewers watched the Dead last night with the 9 PM premiere and the 11 PM, midnight and 2 AM encores on AMC.

If Rick is going insane, i dont think any of the other characters would object to someone else stepping up as leader. One of his people died during the escape from woodbury because Risk hallucinated he saw Shane. He cant stay in charge if he keeps getting people killed.

I kinda see him "getting it together" towards the end of the season. I think him and Tyreese will become friends one way or another and that will be the leaders. Also someone is gonna die. My gut says Herschel. And probably the baby.

I kinda see him "getting it together" towards the end of the season. I think him and Tyreese will become friends one way or another and that will be the leaders. Also someone is gonna die. My gut says Herschel. And probably the baby.

I foresee Glenn killing the convict and one other, or maybe it was a bad batch of shrooms

I have no "prediction" of its likeliness, but it would make sense from every angle (tv-wise and story-wise) if they decided to run with increasing breakdown for Rick after all he's undergone since coming out of a coma, and as a result of an associated lapse in Rick's competence, to play out a removal of his role as leader (and Glenn or new group's leader would be the main contestants <maybe a reunited Andrea?> I'd think, with Glenn winning), and take advantage of all the story-line dynamics that would flow from that, and then have leadership returned to a "recovered" Rick at some point with typical dramatic process and timing.

I have no "prediction" of its likeliness, but it would make sense from every angle (tv-wise and story-wise) if they decided to run with increasing breakdown for Rick after all he's undergone since coming out of a coma, and as a result of an associated lapse in Rick's competence, to play out a removal of his role as leader (and Glenn or new group's leader would be the main contestants <maybe a reunited Andrea?> I'd think, with Glenn winning), and take advantage of all the story-line dynamics that would flow from that, and then have leadership returned to a "recovered" Rick at some point with typical dramatic process and timing.

I agree with you. Thats a much more interesting story than just following the comics. i never read the comics, but know the highlights from wikipedia and what you described is far more interesting. I mean, all of these characters have been through alot, but Rick has dealt with alot in just the past few weeks (in the shows storyline). To have him magically "get better" is just unrealistic. I would think it might even make sense for the other characters to question whether they can even let Rick be part of their group. Right now hes a major liability to everyone.

I think Rick is done, when your head basically cracks wide open like that you tend to put people off a bit. I could see him locked up a cell, just a raving Muzak background fill. Letting Daryl walk is the single craziest thing he has done so far.

It's still hard to get behind this show for me, over a year into the ZA and no one gives the slightest thoughts to basic security concerns (new people show up and just wander on into a prison, Hatboy is manning the gate, etc.), apparently the gas stations are still open for business along with the gun stores ( there was SO much ammo wasted this episode) and the people in Woodberry were all so shocked when the guv walked out and popped that guy that was bitten. IMO he was the only one on the street that showed the slightest lick of sense.

I'm going to hate to see this go the way of Lost, where a show starts out strong and then completely loses its way.

Archived