Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I've forgotten to even follow up with this show.  Pretty sure I saw the last episode of Rick but I was doing other stuff at the same time.  I remember Maggie going down to talk to Negan.  Is he still down in jail?  I'm curious what happened to him but not enough to turn the show on.  It's in my DVR but still........

Negan channeling his inner Steve McQueen, tossing the ball against the wall in the cooler.  

Michonne is quickly becoming one of the most annoying TV show characters in a while for me.

God I just want this show to end already.

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's not prestige television obviously, but I am intrigued now which is more than I ever thought I would be in a world without Rick Grimes. This season was pretty solid compared to the last few which were disasters IMO. 

The Whisperer reveal was great. Had a nice sense of dread hanging over the episode parts with the herd and that graveyard season was pretty awesome. Jesus is another character that Gimple completely ruined making the actor frustrated and wanting out. It was handled nicely which is more than can be said for most deaths on this show. You don't often see the good guys arrogance actually get them killed like that. 

The actor wanted out? Didn't know that. Funny how they used to kill off characters and the actors would be sad to go. Now everyone wants out. 

• 2 months later...

I have to be honest. The show is 100x better since Rick died/left and they skipped ahead. Really ever since Kang took over it’s been much improved . That was some great character development with Lydia in the last episode. 

I wish Gimple had never taken over the show man this could have been a strong series start to finish without him. It’s a night and day difference. 

I love everything they are doing with the whisperers. I do hate Alpha’s accent tho. She looks badass but sounds like foghorn leghorn

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I watched last night's episode and it was strange to say the least.  No real action until 40 mins in.  The problem for me was my dumb DVR stopped recording as Alpha leads Daryl off to somewhere, cut off right as Daryl looks at Carol.  Was there anything else after that???  It also didn't record Talking Dead for some reason. 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have to be honest. The show is 100x better since Rick died/left and they skipped ahead. Really ever since Kang took over it’s been much improved . That was some great character development with Lydia in the last episode. 

I wish Gimple had never taken over the show man this could have been a strong series start to finish without him. It’s a night and day difference. 

I love everything they are doing with the whisperers. I do hate Alpha’s accent tho. She looks badass but sounds like foghorn leghorn

For me I'd say it's not better, it's different without him.  Ever since Carl died he's acted like a sullen and introverted child.  I guess that's to be expected with losing a child, but damn, it wasn't good for the show.  The way they had him leave was weird as we assume he's somewhere else with the junkyard lady.  It's good that there's new enemies to deal with, but the game isn't the same without Rick leading the charge.

6 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Ok, so I watched last night's episode and it was strange to say the least.  No real action until 40 mins in.  The problem for me was my dumb DVR stopped recording as Alpha leads Daryl off to somewhere, cut off right as Daryl looks at Carol.  Was there anything else after that???  It also didn't record Talking Dead for some reason. 

It was a 1 hour 25 min show. You missed the important stuff.

Yeah my DVR cut off at the 1 hour mark, I thought it was strange because there was no cut to black screen & credits or the scenes from the next episode.  Then when Talking Dead started they mentioned the issue with some people being cut off from the final 25 mins of the show, so I stopped Talking Dead and found a replay to record.

Wow.  Re-creating that scene from the comics.  Once the whisperers arc was announced I did wonder how or even if they would do that scene.  Once again the TV show finds a way to re-envision something in it's own way but still with impact.  I kind of wonder though if it would have been better for Jesus to have stuck around long enough to go out this way instead of the way he did. In the comic one of the people who died was a pretty major player.

This season has been very good so far, this is why I didn't give up on it because I knew with all the stuff that happens in the comic there is always going to be potential for the show to be fun.

Spoiler

Anyone think that they way the scene was shot, Daryl had ample opportunity to kill Alpha on the hill overlooking the massive horde?  I know she had a shotgun, but considering his reflexes and overall resourcefulness, and the fact that Alpha kept looking away from him constantly, I would put my money on Daryl being able to take her out pretty easily 1-on-1.  

Spoiler

Also, am I correct in the fact that Negan is still back in the jail at Alexandria?  I kind of lost track of him, I know he escaped, Judith let him go, but he came back on his own accord, and has been there since, yeah? Or did I forget about something?  The main reason I ask is because he plays a pretty major role in the War with the Whisperers in the comic, and I know as far as the show goes he isn't "dead"

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

It was a 1 hour 25 min show. You missed the important stuff.

I just watched where I left off last night.  Damn, what a mess, so sad...

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah my DVR cut off at the 1 hour mark, I thought it was strange because there was no cut to black screen & credits or the scenes from the next episode.  Then when Talking Dead started they mentioned the issue with some people being cut off from the final 25 mins of the show, so I stopped Talking Dead and found a replay to record.

Wow.  Re-creating that scene from the comics.  Once the whisperers arc was announced I did wonder how or even if they would do that scene.  Once again the TV show finds a way to re-envision something in it's own way but still with impact.  I kind of wonder though if it would have been better for Jesus to have stuck around long enough to go out this way instead of the way he did. In the comic one of the people who died was a pretty major player.

This season has been very good so far, this is why I didn't give up on it because I knew with all the stuff that happens in the comic there is always going to be potential for the show to be fun.

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone think that they way the scene was shot, Daryl had ample opportunity to kill Alpha on the hill overlooking the massive horde?  I know she had a shotgun, but considering his reflexes and overall resourcefulness, and the fact that Alpha kept looking away from him constantly, I would put my money on Daryl being able to take her out pretty easily 1-on-1.  

Reveal hidden contents

Also, am I correct in the fact that Negan is still back in the jail at Alexandria?  I kind of lost track of him, I know he escaped, Judith let him go, but he came back on his own accord, and has been there since, yeah? Or did I forget about something?  The main reason I ask is because he plays a pretty major role in the War with the Whisperers in the comic, and I know as far as the show goes he isn't "dead"

I just go to see where I left off.  I'm speechless now...what an ending...

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yes, he's back in jail after Judith found him walking on the road.  He told Michonne there's nothing "out there" for him anymore.

My DVR cut off after the commercial break where Alpha finds Lydia in the theater. I thought, that was an unusual place to end the episode. I go online and see like 15 spoilers. Took me 45 minutes to find the last half hour. What a **** show but the program guide said the episode was only 57 minutes so they screwed up everybody that recorded it. 

Anyway, 

Spoiler

Amen for Henry. Couldn't have died soon enough. For a minute I thought Alpha had killed Lydia but it works better being Henry. Take that daughtah I was surprised about Tara but it's ok, I never liked her anyway. Enid was the one that got me. Thought it would be her boyfriend not her. JSS forever. Hilltop has taken a beating this season. 

I'm glad they showed their fight for survival until the bitter end. That was really well done, including the highway men and DJ showing up to give them that opportunity. 

Also, nice parallel with Daryl holding Carol back as she sees Sophia die and the same thing when she sees Henry. 

15 hours ago, Yohan said:

The Rosita part sucked, 

They would never kill a pregnant woman on this show. 

It's interesting how the writers seem to be killing off the tenured characters who have basically meandered around on the show not doing much.  When Rick, Morgan, & Maggie exited, you'd have assumed the idea would be to elevate characters like Jesus & Tara....(moreso the former) but they continued to just meander, and then ended up dying off.  

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They would never kill a pregnant woman on this show. 

In this case, I for one am glad.  Long live Rosita!!!

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's interesting how the writers seem to be killing off the tenured characters who have basically meandered around on the show not doing much.  When Rick, Morgan, & Maggie exited, you'd have assumed the idea would be to elevate characters like Jesus & Tara....(moreso the former) but they continued to just meander, and then ended up dying off.  

My first reaction was look at all those Red Shirts.

Archived