Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know. All the hype and buildup and it’s basicslly 2 minutes of Glenn dumpster bull**** only to find out the guy that wrecked this show is now going to make twd movies with Rick grimes.

hollup....wut?

Was this discussed on Talking Dead or an interview or something?

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

AMC following in the foot steps of other networks that are trying to milk more money out of their viewers.  

In addition the the Rick Grimes movies or whatever they talked about on TD, they also mentioned different series and formats (longer and shorter), different places ("all around the world"), different timelines (past, current, and future), among other things, so this would seem like a pretty accurate statement. 

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

In addition the the Rick Grimes movies or whatever they talked about on TD, they also mentioned different series and formats (longer and shorter), different places ("all around the world"), different timelines (past, current, and future), among other things, so this would seem like a pretty accurate statement. 

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like they waited too long to do this.  The audience for the show has been falling off for awhile now, so doubling (tripling....?) down on the property seems like over saturation at this point.  Season 4/5/6 era would have been better.....plus they have tried this with FTWD, and while I am a defender of that show, especially the last couple of seasons, it is clear the audience for TWD isn't going to necessarily transfer to expanded universe stuff.  I suppose AMC is banking on the character of Rick Grimes specifically?

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like they waited too long to do this.  The audience for the show has been falling off for awhile now, so doubling (tripling....?) down on the property seems like over saturation at this point.  Season 4/5/6 era would have been better.....plus they have tried this with FTWD, and while I am a defender of that show, especially the last couple of seasons, it is clear the audience for TWD isn't going to necessarily transfer to expanded universe stuff.  I suppose AMC is banking on the character of Rick Grimes specifically?

Yeah, it might have the opposite effect of what they intend, especially if whatever they come up with is on par with where the show has been the past few seasons. Even some die-hards might get pissed if it seems like they're putting out mediocre stuff just to make more money. I did think the other areas around the world stuff could be potentially interesting. I'm pretty sure they mentioned France specifically, so who knows... maybe those shows will gain a big following overseas, even if Americans lose interest.

Yeah that last episode was dumb.  This show is dumb.  I feel dumb for sticking with it for so long.

All the visions were just a way for TWD to bring back old memorable characters for nostalgia’s sake.  They didn’t really serve any purpose.  Then, Rick takes out the bridge and sacrifices himself.  This is after decades of Rick and co annihilating armies of walkers.  Whatever.

But of course he’s not dead cause then how else could AMC squeeze a dollar out of a nickel with this show any more.  Rescued and never heard from again... except for the movies!  Idiots.

And now we have all sorts of random characters, no main lead, the ****.  And the walkers are finally getting smarter?  They are pulling this **** like 6 seasons too late.  Jesus this show and the people who write it are dumb.

I don’t care to keep up with it any longer.

Daryl, Michonne and ...Jesus are the main leads now. And Judith and Negan. 

The bridge exploding wasnt shot well. Why was there dynamite on the bridge again? It’s like a video game where there are exploding barrels all over and enemies love using them for cover

Rick was well past the wooden part of the bridge. The wooden part is still there after the explosion. So how the hell did he end up in the water? 

71B3C2BE-D76A-49E5-8CEF-91051A462600.png

02B7B175-F98B-45DE-82C6-88E2A9E890D0.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have hate-watched this show since Glenn pulled his ass out from under that dumpster. I thought the show lost all credibility in that moment. That was further ****ed by the Negan cliffhanger. All of which made it incredibly hard to overlook the mounting flaws in the rest of the writing. 

However, I love how they’ve handled the whisperers. I’m genuinely excited to see this arc play out which is something I haven’t felt for this show in years. The episode was tense and full of mystery with that sense of dread hanging over the entire episode. All of the Daryl, Aaron and Jesus stuff was great. That final ending scene in the graveyard was badass and one of the best moments in the entire show. 

Knowing that they cast Ryan Hurst (Opie from SOA) to be 

Spoiler

Beta 

makes me even more excited. He is going to kill that role

good job TWD from a big critic the last few years 

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

All of the Daryl, Aaron and Jesus stuff was great. That final ending scene in the graveyard was badass and one of the best moments in the entire show. 

I did enjoy the scenes with those 3 and the graveyard scene. The rest was just meh. I am glad they did the Whisper reveal, instead of a cliff hanger that the walkers are evolving (which is what Gimple probably would have done.) I am a little saddened by Jesus' death, as I think he had potential, and I liked his kung fu. I just don't think the show had any idea what to do with him (I feel this way about Ezekial as well).

It's not prestige television obviously, but I am intrigued now which is more than I ever thought I would be in a world without Rick Grimes. This season was pretty solid compared to the last few which were disasters IMO. 

The Whisperer reveal was great. Had a nice sense of dread hanging over the episode parts with the herd and that graveyard season was pretty awesome. Jesus is another character that Gimple completely ruined making the actor frustrated and wanting out. It was handled nicely which is more than can be said for most deaths on this show. You don't often see the good guys arrogance actually get them killed like that. 

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's not prestige television obviously, but I am intrigued now which is more than I ever thought I would be in a world without Rick Grimes. This season was pretty solid compared to the last few which were disasters IMO. 

The Whisperer reveal was great. Had a nice sense of dread hanging over the episode parts with the herd and that graveyard season was pretty awesome. Jesus is another character that Gimple completely ruined making the actor frustrated and wanting out. It was handled nicely which is more than can be said for most deaths on this show. You don't often see the good guys arrogance actually get them killed like that. 

I don't read the comics at all (outside of the first 10 issues I read online a little while ago), so I only know the Whisperers are another faction/group, nothing else about them.  Wife and I were completely convinced after the last episode (the one before last nights) and during this one that they were going to make the walkers evolve (like they did in the SyFy show Z Nation - they have "Talkers").

And right when Jesus was slashing through them in the graveyard and going all Jackie Chan on their asses and the one ducks and stabs him in the side (which was actually a pretty cool biblical reference to when Jesus got stabbed in the side by a lance/spear by the Roman solider while on the cross), I actually yelled out, "What the hell!?!? Walkers can fight now too and talk ****?!?!" :ols:

Then they revealed the walker skin mask and that it was the Whisperers.  Excellent episode and mid-season finale.

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

And right when Jesus was slashing through them in the graveyard and going all Jackie Chan on their asses and the one ducks and stabs him in the side (which was actually a pretty cool biblical reference to when Jesus got stabbed in the side by a lance/spear by the Roman solider while on the cross), I actually yelled out, "What the hell!?!? Walkers can fight now too and talk ****?!?!" :ols:

yeah i imagine that was a huge WTF moment for people that weren't aware of the Whisperers lol

For comic readers, Jesus ended up being perhaps the most wasted character on TWD.  When he first premiered they established him nicely as far as how useful and essential he could/would be to the War with the Saviors, but he has mostly just kind of lingered in the background.

That said, I like how they have handled the Whisperers so far, the attempt to make them scary, not just over the top comic book personalities.  the fact that so far the mostly remain in the shadows, and walk among the dead transfers much better to the TV medium than brash over the top personalities who chew scenery and whip out their **** in every scene they show up in. 

It is still way early in the storyline, but I like what they are doing so far.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you mean like every villain in the comic books? lol. Kirkman has a type...

Yeah, what I meant was some things that work in a Comic book universe don't transfer as well to TV.  I've said before I thought they modified the Governor for the TV show a lot better, where as Negan they tried to make him exactly the same and it came off a bit weird to me.

Archived