Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I thought the ratings were down a bit this year? Still really high, but lower than the previous season.

at some point they have to go down, the show has been in uncharted territory for a cable show for some time now. They can lose a chunk of viewers and still have the #1 spot

People get tired of anything after a certain point. 2 shows is enough. You have Walking Dead stuff most of the year now.

They are intent on destroying all of this. The Walking Dead needs to end, within the next 3 seasons. Seriously. Id rather see my favorite shows go out on top rather than fizzle into nothing. Its been 6 years. Time to start thinking about an exit strategy

There really isn't an end to TWD though. I guess that's part of the point.

There is no cure, they will never find a perfect or safe spot. It's just existing as long as you can until that world becomes the new normal for life as its forever known.

So really once they resolve a couple more big bads they can find a new spot they think is goin to be good for them and then walk away from The show there. We will be left to wonder and obviously know their struggle will always continue.

I said in the beginning that any cure to the disease would ruin Twd so I dont want that. The ending doesnt have to be happy.

There could be an ending where everyone dies, aand Carl is left to raise Judith or something. Thats the type of ending the show could go with.

But it has to end sometime. Every show does.

I like the idea of more spinoffs, it would be refreshing following new characters/challenges.....I look forward to how the boat trip goes in FTWD

not sure there can be too many episodes.....probably never equal the original but still worthwhile

When a show is afraid to kill the bigger star characters, it is on its way down from the top. Glenn not dying is a disappointment to me because really only Rick and Carl should be untouchable. Everyone else needs to be expendable, no matter how much time they've invested in their personal stories. In order to keep the action feeling real.

If they are no longer willing to kill people off. Real characters, not alexandrians that I don't even know the names of, then most people are find to more complaints with the formulaic approach to each storyline and lose interest because their favorites aren't in any danger.

When a show is afraid to kill the bigger star characters, it is on its way down from the top. Glenn not dying is a disappointment to me because really only Rick and Carl should be untouchable. Everyone else needs to be expendable, no matter how much time they've invested in their personal stories. In order to keep the action feeling real.

If they are no longer willing to kill people off. Real characters, not alexandrians that I don't even know the names of, then most people are find to more complaints with the formulaic approach to each storyline and lose interest because their favorites aren't in any danger.

I agree completely, which is also one of the huge problems I had with Glenn surviving. Not only does it show they won't kill main characters, but that particular scenario undermines the threat of the walkers entirely.

When there is no believable threat of danger from walkers nor a reason to actually think a character will die, the drama of that moment and the show is gone. Which is where we are now.

And honestly, the walkers are too stupid to kill any main characters at this point because they are too experienced and smart in dealing with them. Which is why Glenn's supposed death was so perfect. It was both out of his control and caused by his fatal flaw, which is believing in others. A walker sneaking up and biting one of the mains in the face or back isn't going to work but something like they did with Glenn is how they have to do it.

Maybe the 2nd half of the season will Change things up.

One of the reasons why Game of Thrones is so effective, and I believe a bigger draw of viewers than any show right now is because George RR Martin and HBO will kill any and everybody. You could be a big name movie actor, your character could be the main role in the majority of the show, you are just as liable to die as the spearmen guarding the door.

It's an effective story writing tool that keeps the WTF/OMG moments going and keeps adding more viewers to the audience as people become more curious of what the fuss is about.

I would like a isolated area (island ect) that was largely untouched and monitored the fall of civilization and began rescue/scavenger ops later in the game.

there should be a few large pockets relatively untouched around the world realistically (probably too high of production costs to be practical though)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived