Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley's Blog: Reigniting a Rivalry

terrifNick21

BREAKING NEWS!!! Mr. Wimp himself Roger Goodell has fined Cooley a years salary for hurting a QB's feelings & penalized Washington 15 yds on every play when Dallas comes to Washington. Okay, not really but I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually was believing this for a second until I finished the sentence. Way to terrify me.

As always the Rivalry is full force on our side but Cowboys fans that don't live in the DMV could care less about the Skins. I was trying to get some friendly banter in with some of my friends that live in Texas and none of them really care about the Skins or take them serious.

These comments in particular where classic.

On his official blog (Cooleyzone.com), Cooley continued to fire away.

A few excerpts:

If it sounded like I was delighted by Tony Romo sits to pee’s failure last week, I was. Though I have no personal vendetta toward Romo sits to pee, my feelings for him had nothing to do with me reveling in a divisional foe blowing the biggest 2nd half lead in the history of its proud franchise.

And as a player who has decided to share my real personality with the fan base, I make a clear choice with expressing my political incorrectness as an entertaining attempt to engage as a real person. I will never make an apology to any offended Dallas fans and I expect every Redskin fan to cheer at the folly of a Cowboy.

As always the Rivalry is full force on our side but Cowboys fans that don't live in the DMV could care less about the Skins. I was trying to get some friendly banter in with some of my friends that live in Texas and none of them really care about the Skins or take them serious.

This is a post by Callifan007 from the people need to start hating the Redskins again thread. I think it is appropriate for this post:

You know why most Dallas fans claim to yawn when it comes to hating the Redskins? Because they know it gets under most Skins fans' skin. It's little more than a smack talk tool for them. "Yeah, we don't care about the Skins anymore, barely worth thinking about..."...And unfortunately we get a few too many Skins fans responding with "you know what? We do stink and they shouldn't care about us!!"....I can't stand self-loathing Skins fans lol :D...Take some pride in your team, regardless of the record--at least when you're around Cowboys fans. And ALWAYS hate the Cowboys first and foremost, regardless of their record or the Redskins record. Our rivalry does not depend upon the number of wins in any given season.

Also in the same post, he had some quotes from a Cowboy Message board that stated they still hate the Redskins more than any other team.

I have to say, I have given CC grief about keeping his talking on the field in the past and that he has been a bit of a distraction in the past, but I really like the way he handled this.

I loved his original comment and truly enjoyed his follow-up.

We had better crush dollass when we play them again.

Slightly off-topic:

Was it Skip Bayless who said that he would walk naked from Bristol to Redskins Park if the 2005 Redskins, then 5-6, went 5-0 and made the playoffs? I know Coach Gibbs called whoever said that out.

Yeah, if i recall correctly, i think it was Skip who said it.

HELL YEAH!

What Cooley wrote right there should be the central tenet of the Redskins Manifesto.

It helps that Cooley is an a franchise great player, but it's stuff like this that will have him go down as a Redskins legend. I'll be telling my grandkids about watching Cooley play. Cooley jerseys will be worn for decades after he retires. Nay centuries.

I've been sensing a growing malaise since 2006 in the Redskins--Cowboys rivalry. It felt like nobody really gave a damn any more. I love Cooley for pumping new life into the rivalry and making it fun again. Thank you sir, I needed that.

**** DALLAS!!!

Too bad the Cowboys and their fan base are just a bunch of sheep humping yokels lacking the literacy to properly respond to Cooley and really fan the flames.

Slightly off-topic:

Was it Skip Bayless who said that he would walk naked from Bristol to Redskins Park if the 2005 Redskins, then 5-6, went 5-0 and made the playoffs? I know Coach Gibbs called whoever said that out.

It was Sean Salisbury, a former BSPN employee.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?136185-It-s-Official-Sean-Salisbury-Walk-a-Thon!!!!!!

Cooley, you're a prince among men and a damn fine tight end (no matter what some of the simpletons around here say). I pray you retire a Redskin.

I guarantee he will retire before he would ever play a snap for Dallas. :ols:

Cooley, Cooley He's our man! :beavisnbutthead:

Oh wow.... how time flies. I've been sitting her wracking my brain trying to remember which ESPN'er said that, and Boss_Hogg links me to the thread..... THAT WAS STARTED BY ME!!!! LOFL!!!!! Too many punches to the head, I guess.

The look on everyone’s faces at the :48 minute of the ESPN Youtube link is hilarious. Jesus, people take themselves so seriously. When Stephen A. makes you look dumb – you know you’re in trouble.

BTW Skip Bayless is MUCH more of a Dallass homer than Cooley is a Redskins homer. And Cooley is on the team.

And that is why this guy can not be traded. Heart and soul. This is my favorite line:

@brad_hankins @thecooleyzone aka Chris Cooley is a little *****. I’d fight that goofy EDITED right now if I saw him

Seriously Brad, I guarantee you wouldn’t. I literally lock down a guarantee. You sounded tough for your friends though. So that’s cool.

The "rivalry" gets re-ignited if and when both teams get good and stay good for an extended period.

Having some tight end mouth off isn't going to return this to the Redskins vs. the Cowboys circa 1984.

But its a start. Loosen up.

I couldn't agree more! It has felt like Cools was a little more focused on all the new-found glits and glamour of late and I definitely yelled the question at my tv (because if you scream, they can really hear you), what the ****? Way to show em what colors you bleed. BURGUNDY + GOLD baby...

HAIL

OK, as someone who has rolled my eyes at Cooley many times over the past couple years, that was pretty awesome. I think he handled it perfectly...respectful but honest. Great job, 47.

Goes to show how much they know about football, because rivalry aside, we're still in the same division... so it's not like we're just some other team.

Archived