Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com : Quarterback Ratings through 4 weeks

Rocky21

I like the idea of their QBR rating, but I need someone to explain some of these weekly ratings for me.

I just don't understand how Orton could have had a better day than Stafford last week. Also, I don't understand how they can clarify which plays are clutch yet can't decipher which sacks are the fault of the QB, OL or a combination of both.

These are their respective stat lines:

62% Comp%, 173 yards, 4.4 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs = 66.2 QBR

70% Comp%, 378 yards, 8.2 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs = 58.1 QBR

I'm all ears.

Doesnt QBR take things into account like Clutch factor. Picking up a first down on 1st and 10 doesnt get as many points as picking it up on 3rd and 10. Also, it takes EVERYTHING into account. Did Stafford take a bad sack? Noted. Did Orton have a stronger 4th quarter? Noted. Did Ortons TD's come on thrid down while Staffords came on 1st down? Noted....It takes things like that into account.

QB rating aside, Campbell is the same Campbell he has always been. He throws a lot of short to intermediate passes that are high percentage. There is a reason he is throwing under 200 yards for the most part. Lets see what his stats look like over the course of 16 weeks....or 8 weeks even.

What his stats show me is that the Raiders are winning the games in which it is not up to Campbell to go out and put the offense on his shoulders. Hasn't that ALWAYS been the case with Campbell?

QB rating aside, Campbell is the same Campbell he has always been. He throws a lot of short to intermediate passes that are high percentage. There is a reason he is throwing under 200 yards for the most part. Lets see what his stats look like over the course of 16 weeks....or 8 weeks even.

What his stats show me is that the Raiders are winning the games in which it is not up to Campbell to go out and put the offense on his shoulders. Hasn't that ALWAYS been the case with Campbell?

Who cares though? WOuld you rather have a single player that is "required" for your tema to win? I dont... and I bet you can ask any Colts fan that questions this year.

I would rather have a decent player who knows the system, can make some plays when it counts, will not turn the ball over in crucial situations, etc... Granted,,, this person wont make the highlight reel very often, but in the end, All I care about is the win column.

The Raiders are building a good team like that.

And here I thought the Campbell discussion would have died already... LOL.

He is what he is. A smart QB who does not make many mistakes. He is decent, but not a game changer.

Grossman otoh is a game changer. He changes wins to losses.

All kidding aside. I dont like Grossman under center. He looks a bit lost out there and was definitley flustered in the Boys game. The one thing that bothered me most were his scrambles. He did not keep his eyes downfield, pumpfake, lookoff or anything... what was worse was that he was looking behind himslef to see how close the defender was. That was really bad to watch. A guy with his experience in the NFL should have a clock in his head on when to let it fly. He has looked "off" since week one. He makes me nervous.

I disagree with your comment about Grossman looking "a bit lost". When they started that last drive on Monday night, the TV showed a close up of Rex walking up to the line. The look on his face gave me a (short lived) feeling of confidence. He looked calm, and determined.

The only top echelon talent on that list is Sam Bradford. And he's stuck on arguably the worst team in football.

Man I feel bad for that kid at present.

Hail.

I want a QB that can be hell-bent on revenge, and has an attitude. That's Rex.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 04:38 PM ----------

Dang Coach Jumbo, I was just steering it back 'Skins relevance.

But you're right. It's a Campbell trap.

Nice kid, that Campbell. Nice to see him doing well.

campbell has been pretty solid so far this year. gave a good effort vs the bills and has been managing well otherwise. as i have said in the past, oakland is the best place for him to be, but i dont think he will take that team anywhere. when good teams make JC beat them, he will be incapable of doing so.

and yes id rather have rex.

Rex Grossman was and is the best option for 2011. We already know from the Bears days that it's possible for him to take the team to the Super Bowl. But for the best chance, we're going to need to find a new quarterback... Don't know how or when, but eventually....

Archived