Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com : Quarterback Ratings through 4 weeks

Rocky21

These numbers don't say much. Of the four guys: McNabb/Campbell are the best comparisons to each other.

Except, most of Campbell's receiving weapons are hurt. They both have outstanding run games. Campbell is doing his 1/11th. McNabb is not.

Bradford is young, still, in a new offensive system run by Josh McDaniels and his OL/receivers are not in the least bit good. On top of that, Steven Jackson has been injured.

Dude Jason Campbell's QB rating is good because there running game is blowing up and he's not the focal part of the offense. There barely throwing the ball in Oakland.
ESPN's Total QBR backs him up even more

Campbell: 67.5 (9th)

Grossman: 47.5 (18th)

McNabb: 42.8 (22nd)

Bradford: 33.7 (25th)

But you know what??? It still doesn't matter :ols:

Passing:J. Campbell105, vs. Broncos

Passing:J. Campbell323, vs. Bills

Passing:J. Campbell156, vs. Jets

Look at total yards.

Rex Grossman #12

Bradford #20

Jason Campbell #25

McNabb #30

Total yards are overrated. The Oakland offense isn't making mistakes...period. They are playing mistake free football and Campbell is part of that equation.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

Based on those stats, if Campbell passes under 200 yards, the Raiders win......

That means they ran the ball well, controlled the clock, and didn't give up a ton of points. The game they lost to Buffalo was not Campbell's fault.

With that said, Campbell does have his faults, but out of the 4 listed here it's between him or Grossman. Bradford is learning a new offense so mistakes are liekly to happen.

Total yards are overrated. The Oakland offense isn't making mistakes...period. They are playing mistake free football and Campbell is part of that equation.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

That means they ran the ball well, controlled the clock, and didn't give up a ton of points. The game they lost to Buffalo was not Campbell's fault.

With that said, Campbell does have his faults, but out of the 4 listed here it's between him or Grossman. Bradford is learning a new offense so mistakes are liekly to happen.

I would have elaborated on my post about the Raiders being the number one rushing team, but I knew people would get it.

Understand that all QBR stats focus on measuring PERFORMANCE, not capability. Campbell has been performing well as the Raider offense has not been hindered by him, but a watch of the tv tape shows that he is a very, very flawed quarterback. His sideline throws are all doomed to going out bounds. He has subtle lack of awareness, as he had an intentional grounding when he easily could have escaped the tackle box. He is not a fit for this offense.

Campbell's pass EPA last week was 2.9. That's quite pathetic, but a few penalties by Cromartie, a nice block, a couple good passes, and he got a 60 TQBR.

Campbell's pass EPA last week was 2.9. That's quite pathetic, but a few penalties by Cromartie, a nice block, a couple good passes, and he got a 60 TQBR.

If a few penalties, a nice block and two good passes is all it takes to get a high TQBR rating, then it's even more worthless than the original QB rating system :ols:...

And here I thought the Campbell discussion would have died already... LOL.

He is what he is. A smart QB who does not make many mistakes. He is decent, but not a game changer.

Grossman otoh is a game changer. He changes wins to losses.

All kidding aside. I dont like Grossman under center. He looks a bit lost out there and was definitley flustered in the Boys game. The one thing that bothered me most were his scrambles. He did not keep his eyes downfield, pumpfake, lookoff or anything... what was worse was that he was looking behind himslef to see how close the defender was. That was really bad to watch. A guy with his experience in the NFL should have a clock in his head on when to let it fly. He has looked "off" since week one. He makes me nervous.

I like the idea of their QBR rating, but I need someone to explain some of these weekly ratings for me.

I just don't understand how Orton could have had a better day than Stafford last week. Also, I don't understand how they can clarify which plays are clutch yet can't decipher which sacks are the fault of the QB, OL or a combination of both.

These are their respective stat lines:

62% Comp%, 173 yards, 4.4 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs = 66.2 QBR

70% Comp%, 378 yards, 8.2 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs = 58.1 QBR

I'm all ears.

Archived