Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Sorry national media, DeAngelo Hall is not the next Albert Haynesworth

themurf

Murf continues his undefeated streak! Excellent perspective and reality check for done more fickle fans.

The reason that they open the locker rooms so quickly is to get exactly this type of quote. It's all everyone is talking about, so the NFL wins.

I hated the signing initially, but now I love me some Hall.

Fans whine about players not caring and then whine when they don't care the"right" way.

All due respect from one murf to another....I only read the first part of your article murf but I dont think we should be praising him for doing what should be expected of a captain of his football team. Granting interviews? Forgoing victory monday? Im not going to judge whether or not he is selfish, his actions certainly are distractions tho. And i dont want to have to see him throwing his pads down in disgust to prove to me he cares. He better frigging care! That should be an absolute given. And if u are going tp go yapping your mouth u cant get burned at the end of a game and earn any respect from me, matters not to me who he was covering or how difficult the situation might have been. It seems to me that throughout history players of his ilk have had flashes of brilliance but the downside always outweighs these moments. Just lead by example and keep your mouth shut. U will earn respect and also lift alot of unneeded extra pressure off yourself.

I've no issue with Hall being passionate, I've no issue with him being angry after a loss, I like that he hates losing.

But if he is to be a captain, leader and mentor he has to understand the responsibilities that come with it. Does anyone think London Fletcher cares less than hall about losing, that he gets less angry or that he is less passionate? But how many times has he publicly called out his coordinator?

Not hanging Hall out to dry but captaincy brings responsibility and he was irresponsible. I sense he recognizes this so no big deal hopefully.

All due respect from one murf to another....I only read the first part of your article murf but I dont think we should be praising him for doing what should be expected of a captain of his football team. Granting interviews? Forgoing victory monday? Im not going to judge whether or not he is selfish, his actions certainly are distractions tho. And i dont want to have to see him throwing his pads down in disgust to prove to me he cares. He better frigging care! That should be an absolute given. And if u are going tp go yapping your mouth u cant get burned at the end of a game and earn any respect from me, matters not to me who he was covering or how difficult the situation might have been. It seems to me that throughout history players of his ilk have had flashes of brilliance but the downside always outweighs these moments. Just lead by example and keep your mouth shut. U will earn respect and also lift alot of unneeded extra pressure off yourself.

I was going to respond, but I only read the first part of your comment.

But if he is to be a captain, leader and mentor he has to understand the responsibilities that come with it. Does anyone think London Fletcher cares less than hall about losing, that he gets less angry or that he is less passionate? But how many times has he publicly called out his coordinator?

I hope that he matures this season. He started Dallas week by opening his mouth and he ended Dallas week by opening his mouth. His public apology was a strong start but he needs to realize that this is a different team now. I am tired of making excuses for our players(i.e. he's passionate). They need to step up and take accountability and start acting like professionals from moment one.

Agreed that that D. Hall is not AH but his inconsistent play is bothersome. One minute he's All Pro and the next he's burned for a TD or misses a tackle.

I agree that he is not an Albert Haynesworth but he gambles on some plays. At least he can catch the ball and tackle. Everyone misses a tackle now and then but the way you descibe it is that he is either great or God Awful with it leaning to more of God Awful. It seems everyone wants to point the finger at either Hall, Grossman, or some other guy on the team because of one play in a game. Then they crucify that player like they never were any good and we need to replace him with player X or we need to give away all our picks for the next two years to ensure we get an unproven College QB. IMHO Hall is one of the best CB's in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-hallsrant

“I might have been a little overzealous. You guys know me—I’m passionate about football,” Hall said. “I definitely feel that was a football game we should have won. I was pretty frustrated. The Cowboys might actually send me a bill. I broke a couple of things down there, so I don’t know if I’m going to get billed for that.”

So he claims to have trashed the lockeroom a little. Thats nice. I know two things he broke for sure. A coverage and a nail on Bryant's facemask!

BS! He barely touched the facemask, and he definitely did not grasp it. Under the old rule it would have only been a five yard penalty. They still would have probably lost, but theFG would have been a little tougher. The Cowdungs would have had to run at least another play or two before trying the FG where anything could happen.

I was going to respond, but I only read the first part of your comment.

I knew that would follow, set myself up for that..........im sure the article is another great one.......just reasonably disagreed with some of the initial points u made about hall...will read the rest when i get home tonite. :)

Isn't DeAngelo due to be cut so he can sign another huge free agent contract? He's behind schedule on his master plan to be the richest CB in history.

:ols: In that case he's got to be WAY more critical of the coaches. And screw slamming Haslett, he's got to go after Shanny.

I think the bigger issue is that Hall should be a Vet leader right now, and between last week and Monday night, he showed his immaturity and didn't step up when he needed to in a game.

The Redskins, as a team, got beat by the Cowboys. There are a dozen plays on offense, defense and special teams that could have changed the outcome of the game. So feel free to blame Sav Rocca's botched hold or the offensive line for failing to open a hole for a running back all night or the pass rushers for not getting within five yards of Tony Romo sits to pee on 3rd-and-21, etc. while you're pointing a finger at Hall. Otherwise, it's tough to take the man in the hot dog suit seriously.

I just hope that Fletcher is a guy who brought those guys after that loss & rallied them like Ray Lewis (in the locker room after the Titans loss Ray Lewis had his guys together & was explaining about the journey of a season, the UPS & downs)... The dejection without great leadership can lead to a downward spiral like past years...

Back to the topic at hand... Everybody will forget this & love Hall again when he makes another huge play/great game...

Leave Hall alone. This guy Bleeds B&G!

i like hall, i really do.

you think sanatana does not regret the shoe wiping incident? i mean, he flew off the handle. at least the dude cares.

he's solid playmaker and by all account, while not a shut down CB, he can play.

he's alright man

The Redskins, as a team, got beat by the Cowboys. There are a dozen plays on offense, defense and special teams that could have changed the outcome of the game. So feel free to blame Sav Rocca's botched hold or the offensive line for failing to open a hole for a running back all night or the pass rushers for not getting within five yards of Tony Romo sits to pee on 3rd-and-21, etc. while you're pointing a finger at Hall. Otherwise, it's tough to take the man in the hot dog suit seriously.

I think we both had avatars that some can question.

My point is that Hall said some stupid stuff before and after the game. During the game we can say it was a team loss....but he did his fair share before that single play. He missed a few tackles I believe.

Agreed that that D. Hall is not AH but his inconsistent play is bothersome. One minute he's All Pro and the next he's burned for a TD or misses a tackle.
How many TDs has DHall given up? 1 How many TDs has Nnamdi given up? 2 (1 to an UDFA). How many TDs has Asante Samuel given up? Cromartie? Revis? Bailey? Do I need to go on? Fitz scored a TD on DHall. Newsflash: HE SCORES ON EVERYONE. Dez Bryant had 65 yds on MNF, 45 on one play. CBs give up plays. It happens, even to the very best (I am not calling Hall one of the very best). Get over it. DHall did not cost us a win in Dallas. Our inability to put the ball in the endzone in the first half, and our inability for our ****ing STs to get out of their own way cost us a win on MNF.

I think we both had avatars that some can question.

My point is that Hall said some stupid stuff before and after the game. During the game we can say it was a team loss....but he did his fair share before that single play. He missed a few tackles I believe.

Had that 3rd-and-21 play never happened, there's zero chance you or anyone else would be on here calling out DeAngelo Hall. Other than that one play, the only Dallas player who contributed much of anything on offense was Felix Jones. And if you're blaming Hall for his production, then you're once again neglecting the seven players lining up in front of him.

Archived