Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Sorry national media, DeAngelo Hall is not the next Albert Haynesworth

themurf

I cannot believe the hate for Hall around here. Lots of "he was abused by Dez Bryant" Monday night comments too. He had 4 catches for 63 yards, wow. Not even Nnamdi/Revis could have followed Dez for 10 seconds running routes of his choice as Tony Romo sits to pee embarrassed our 8 man blitz. He is solid. I like our defense much better playing aggressive with Haslett than the traditional bend but don't break. Sure, he gives us some big ones like on Fitz.....but I'll take my chances compared to the games HE WILL have this year with > 1 INT's, stripped balls, ect. Every corner sometimes gives up the big plays, even Revis (Ted Ginn 2 deep balls). And he is without a doubt passionate about his play with the Redskins. No reason to go as low as Philly @ home and boo Hall.....we need to stick behind our group on D. If you can't see our D has potential to be ballin this year, cmon man.

DHall's comments were as bad as his coverage on that play. This coming from a guy that ran his mouth prior to asking for corner blitzes and then gets beat when they blitz with the game on the line. Same guy that blew up after the Texan's game last year and was beaten by Kevin Walters for 150+. You should know his quotes so I won't repost them but his comments were bush and his play this season has been worse. I like DHall but he needs to play better and talk less.

Premise of this article sucks too. If you're looking for a baseline it's not fair to compare someone to the worst person in the world.

I for one am glad he's on our team. He isn't perfect, but I'm still glad he is here.

I love it because when was the last time we had a player on this team that LOVES BEING A REDSKIN, he grew up a fan, so u know he's giving his all...while i was cussing him during the play that gave up 3rd and 21 but...the reason we lost is because we have an offense, that gets into the red zone and settles for 3 - or a muffed FG, instead of punching it in for 6...we work the whole play book getting ro the redzone...then we get there and stretch run for 2-3, stretch rune for 2-3, stretch run for 2 or 3, FG---no counters or playaction...

Agreed that that D. Hall is not AH but his inconsistent play is bothersome. One minute he's All Pro and the next he's burned for a TD or misses a tackle.

WOW..ok.... thats what happens when you play football and especially DB. You are going to get beat sometimes, its the nature of the beast. The elite DB's just make sure they win 90% of the battles. Thats what D. Hall does. Thats why he is a Pro-Bowl DB. A MVP Pro-Bowl DB, I might add.

I dont agree with with D Hall calling out his coach publicly. But I have no problem with him questioning the call. Thats what a captian does, looks out for the best interest of his team.

On a side note....did we resign macho harris or something?

As i said from the time his quotes where made public, that i didn't blame him for feeling the way he did, and i actually agreed with him. Just shouldn't have put it out there in for the media. Thats what happens when you get a mic stuck in your face straight off the field.

Agreed. Emotions run high after a loss and its hard to expect a guy to turn it off immediately after a game. I wish he wouldn't have sounded off the way he did, but I'll always take a guy that cares too much as oppose to not enough. The passion was great to see, and after reading what Haslett and Hall said recently, it's already forgotten about, so I'm cool with it :cool:

I think it's very simple: No one was surprised he said something about the play. We were all saying it at home as it happened. It's not some really lame **** like accusing the other team of cheating via 'barking'.

DHall knows defense. I think he's a great enough player to...what's the word.. compromise with his coach, or actually give his coach advice. Feed off each other, etc, and I bet they do. To me it seemed more like Deangelo was frustrated with a friend, or family member(Has) rather than just the cliche 'throwing the coach under the bus'. He was frustrated with himself too. If I get mad enough, I'll get unreasonable and point fingers at first... but can you imagine actually being a Redskin and actually losing at Dallas in that kind of game.

So what happened, he was pissed at his coach (but also close FRIEND/FAMILY *football teams are families, especially ours*), then calmed down in a day and took his deserved responsibility. You'll notice however, he never really took back what he said about the call. He still thinks it was dumb and I bet he's telling haslett right to his face all week. Cause they're close like that. Another huge difference from Al.. that dude was far away from redskin park as possible, and literally gave the silent treatment.

So great article again, shocker. Sure would be nice to see more articles out there of Tony being proven a bull**** artist, not to mention a total ***** for complaining about what he did...and was proven wrong....quickly...like red handed wrong. Can't report that can ya ESPN. **** it, more about Peyton Manning, and by god, replay the HELL out of that baseball last night.

Well put, planter. His play cost us quite a bit of yardage during this game. What irritates me is the fact that he opened his trap earlier in the week talking about targeting Romo sits to pee's ribs. Why not keep your trap shut and just play ? Again, like you said, he's either great or he sucks. Too bad he picked the Dallas game for the later.

Well put, planter. His play cost us quite a bit of yardage during this game. What irritates me is the fact that he opened his trap earlier in the week talking about targeting Romo sits to pee's ribs. Why not keep your trap shut and just play ? Again, like you said, he's either great or he sucks. Too bad he picked the Dallas game for the later.

I dare you to walk up to DHall, especially right after that game and tell him he needs to keep his trap shut. I bet you wouldn't, not only because you don't wanna get clobbered, but because if you looked him in the eyes and tried to say that, you might quickly realize it's a silly thing to say. Some guys are vocal. Words themselves are never solely responsible for team breakups/drama. If that was the case, there was clearly already a problem between said player and team.

So far, Hall's done nothing else to suggest he's a problem, or that what he says suggests a problem. Because when he's not venting, he's working very hard with his team and a big motivator for the kids, etc. I don't give a crap what he says, he's still working hard.

Haynesworth said stupid crap AND did stupid things. Donovan said all the right things, but did some stupid things. Everyone's different, this is just the way Hall, uh, vocalizes. If people are this concerned about the things that come out of Hall's mouth, why aren't they trying to get Santana and Smoot into speech therapy classes:ols:

I dare you to walk up to DHall, especially right after that game and tell him he needs to keep his trap shut. I bet you wouldn't, not only because you don't wanna get clobbered, but because if you looked him in the eyes and tried to say that, you might quickly realize it's a silly thing to say. Some guys are vocal. Words themselves are never solely responsible for team breakups/drama. If that was the case, there was clearly already a problem between said player and team.

So far, Hall's done nothing else to suggest he's a problem, or that what he says suggests a problem. Because when he's not venting, he's working very hard with his team and a big motivator for the kids, etc. I don't give a crap what he says, he's still working hard.

Haynesworth said stupid crap AND did stupid things. Donovan said all the right things, but did some stupid things. Everyone's different, this is just the way Hall, uh, vocalizes. If people are this concerned about the things that come out of Hall's mouth, why aren't they trying to get Santana and Smoot into speech therapy classes:ols:

I read this and I really wish I didn't. Complete dirt.

I hate hearing that Hall "ran his mouth" before the game. He was asked if there was anything he was going to do differently because of the injuries on the cowboys roster. He said what any defensive player would say in that situation. I swear some of the users here on ES are complete morons and take everything out of context as if they read it directly from cowboyszone.com.

/rant

The difference between Hall and Haynesworth is that Hall actually gives a crap. You can tell he's passionate and really bleeds burgundy and gold. He wants to be here, he wants to be great here, and he wants to win HERE. Fat Albert is nothing but a piece of **** lazy mercenary.

Maybe it's because I'm a hot head, a captain of my (hockey) team and an avid Virginia Tech fan, so I'm more inclined to side with Hall. But even if that weren't the case, I think I'd still have his back for the exact reason you cited -- the guy cares about the Washington Redskins. He wants to be here and he takes it personally when they lose. Same with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley. Same with LaRon Landry and Brian Orakpo. I want guys who get pissed off when this team loses. I want them to have trouble sleeping after they lose a winnable game, so they take the extra time and put in the work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Agreed that that D. Hall is not AH but his inconsistent play is bothersome. One minute he's All Pro and the next he's burned for a TD or misses a tackle.

One minute he's All Pro .out of 60 mins. he is too inconsistent in his coverage, and whiffs on too many tackles. guess thats the reason the raiders cut midway thru the season,over paid and under producing

You know what. When the play happened, I was more pissed with the blitzers that didn't come within 10 feet of Romo sits to pee more than Hall giving up the big play. I though Romo sits to pee was just throwing the ball out of bounds to preserve a 4th down try. I was more mad that he got the pass off then I was at Hall for allowing it.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 01:12 PM ----------

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219800

CLICK THIS LMAO

Stupid cowboy fans hahaha

Is there a SPAM alert button around here. This is the umpteenth time I've seen this post and the link doesn't even work.

Maybe it's because I'm a hot head, a captain of my (hockey) team and an avid Virginia Tech fan, so I'm more inclined to side with Hall. But even if that weren't the case, I think I'd still have his back for the exact reason you cited -- the guy cares about the Washington Redskins. He wants to be here and he takes it personally when they lose. Same with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley. Same with LaRon Landry and Brian Orakpo. I want guys who get pissed off when this team loses. I want them to have trouble sleeping after they lose a winnable game, so they take the extra time and put in the work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Absolutely!! :) .....I'm a bit of a hothead myself, so i can certainly relate.

Agree with everything you said except that you want your leaders to point the finger at themselves and not others. He's 27 and this is his 8th yr in the league and his comments before and after the game show that he still has a lot of maturing still to do.

Archived