Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Sorry national media, DeAngelo Hall is not the next Albert Haynesworth

themurf

I hope that he matures this season. He started Dallas week by opening his mouth and he ended Dallas week by opening his mouth. His public apology was a strong start but he needs to realize that this is a different team now. I am tired of making excuses for our players(i.e. he's passionate). They need to step up and take accountability and start acting like professionals from moment one.

Do you want the players to stay medium?

You know how they say for DB's, "A good day for a DB is if you never hear his name"?

In our case, it's a bad thing. The solid and sometimes even great play of D-Hall gets ignored for every the one or two big plays he gives up every now and then. People talking about how he got "burnt" by Dez all night weren't paying attention, or they don't care. Dez had something like 3 catches for a little more than 30 yards before the big play at the end, a play that doesn't happen if 1.) Haslett just asks them to play coverage and 2.) the rush doesn't get there. Nor did he get "burned" by anyone else. A guy catching a pass does not constitute getting burned.

I'm with Murf. Football is a physical game, but it's also emotional. You play and try your hardest for three hours, and when you lose it at the end, you're pissed. Then some jerk shoves a mic in your face and says "what went wrong on the play"? When you're caught up in the heat of the moment, and you just had to deal with it five minutes ago, and you have no time to cool off, and think...

We want football players to be super human. D-Hall reacted like any human being would given the same circumstances. Everyone was pissed in that lockerroom. And good. D-Hall spoke was on his heart and mind and what everonewas thinking 5 minutes after a tough loss to this team's most hated division rival. If he had time to cool off for half an hour afterwards, his words may have been different. But I like the fire. I like the passion. I like that we finally have a team that actually gives a crap about a loss like that, rather than just shrugging their shoulders and going "oh well, that sucked" and being more dumbfounded than angry.

And all this crap about "He ran his mouth about Dallas!". Who gives a crap? It's DALLAS. It's Dallas week. Trash talk flies. First, he was only responding to a question he was asked about whether the defense would target Romo sits to pee's injury, which, you know, they were. Second, how many times in the teams history have our players trash talked about Dallas during Dallas week?

Like that he has passion for the team and gets ticked after a loss. Love that he cares.

This probably teaches him a lesson about shooting his mouth off BEFORE a game and letting his play do the talking.

Who are we kidding here with that last statement? :ols:

The Gambler is who he is: When he guesses right, he looks all world(see Chicago last year). When he guesses wrong, like getting caught looking into the backfield on 3rd and 21 instead of paying attention to Bryant, he looks like Alvoid Mays.

The old saying "live by the blitz,die by the blitz" is still true in this league. Live by the gamble, die by the gamble holds true too. Kind of ironic for Hall to criticize Haslett for that call when Hall's game is guilty of the same thing.

One minute he's All Pro .out of 60 mins. he is too inconsistent in his coverage, and whiffs on too many tackles. guess thats the reason the raiders cut midway thru the season,over paid and under producing

Yeah, so the Raiders are now the barometer for making good decisions?

Boy they were sure on with that Randy Moss guy, too right?

go back to bed, you've clearly left your brain asleep.

His tackling is outstanding this year. Can you point to a single "whiff" this season? I don't remember any... although several good solid textbook tackles do stand out in my mind.

His coverage is outstanding. He gets beat once when he's one on one and the QB buys extra time, and clowns come out of the woodwork.

Every cornerback gets beat. Repeat. Every cornerback gets beat. Repeat: EVERY CORNERBACK GETS BEAT.

in one on one coverage when the QB has 5 seconds or so, almost ALL of them are going to get beat... ESPECIALLY when it's a one on one situation (It is near impossible for a corner to stay on a receiver one on one for that length of time.) and ESPECIALLY when the receiver hasn't got a clue what he's supposed to do.

Watch the play again. Dez Bryant has no idea what to do about the blitz. He takes two steps and STOPS... THAT is why Hall peeked into the backfield, because his man was LOST. If Hall allows Romo sits to pee to get around his side and run, there's no one to stop him going the 21 yards either. (Then you guys would have had a field day screaming that Hall was too busy watching his man and didn't see Romo sits to pee running...)

As the play breaks down, Bryant does a little jig to the outside which Hall follows, and then Romo sits to pee directs him to the middle and throws the ball. There is no pattern, there is no "burn".. there's a receiver with no idea what to do who manages to get inside position because HE does the wrong thing on the play himself. He got that inside position for a half second, and that is when Romo sits to pee moved outside to throw, and Bryant just ran a simply slant toward the marker. nothing special. He didn't do any awesome shake and bake and leave Hall grabbing air.

It was a broken play, and Bryant was lost.

I know it would seem like that might make him easier to cover, but when the QB buys that much time, it does the exact opposite. ESPECIALLY when the cornerback is the ONLY guy on that entire side of the field who can stop him if he takes off and runs.

Hall loses track because he's faced with the possibility of Romo sits to pee running or Bryant taking off and going somewhere unpredictable,, even Bryant doesn't know where he's supposed to go.. . , the only reason he "beat" hall is because Hall played his mistake.

A/ as i said,, he did't run any pattern.. he had no idea where or what he was supposed to do with a blitz.

B/ When he finally did get separation it was because Hall had taken a position that meant that when Bryant finally broke, he had to turn his hips and run, whereas Bryant simply had to run, and that gives him the tiny amount of separation Romo sits to pee needed.

welcome to football. Much more goes on than you know.

~Bang

I really enjoyed the read Murf, and I totally agree. In the heat of the moment people say things. I understand that, and I am sure that Haslett does to. I tell you what, I would rather have what Hall did than some guy making jokes on the sideline as we are losing. Why? Because it says to me "That this is their team, and they are pissed off that they lost". While the guy who's laughing and joking around, says to me "Oh well, another day at the office.", so I am fine with Hall going off. I was also glad to hear he was upset by his performance on that particular play.

Archived