Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Time Bonehead Plays

kingofdaroad99

For instance, muffing the extra point to lose the game against tampa isnt bonehead, just bad. Now trying the swinging gate TWO TIMES IN A ****ING ROW, thats bonehead.

People LOVE to gravitate toward this, but it's really getting to be overkill. Anybody remember the Denver game earlier in the season? Zorn called a fake punt - again, TWICE in a row, and the result was a TD and one of the few wins we got all year. As Portis said, Zorn was clearly a genius.

Yeah, swinging gate wasn't pretty, but who remembers virtually EVERY pass play called during the Spurrier era? We'd have a receiver blocking Jerrimiah Trotter or something equally ridiculous, and by the end of the season Patrick Ramsey was a vegatable.

There's plenty of bonehead to go around...personally, I'll probably go with that Giants/Redskins game that ended in a tie and cost us the playoffs. I'm pretty sure that's the one where Westbrook threw off his helmet, saddling us with a game-killing penalty, and Gus did his famous headbutt. That couldn't have been the same game, no?!

Redskins football over the past 20. Bonehead city.

But we didn't lose that game......

We didn't win it either. :doh:

yeah but we probably won that game with healthy Frerotte. I am still convinced that we would have gotten into the wildcard spot if we won that game.

yeah but we probably won that game with healthy Frerotte. I am still convinced that we would have gotten into the wildcard spot if we won that game.

I agree. I remember I got to stay up late on a school night and watch that game. I remember seeing the penalty and getting excited that we were moving further into field goal position then realized what had happened. That was a tough one...

Man that game was tough. It seem like neither team wanted to score that game. We probably would have been able to host a playoff game too becuase back then the best wildcard hosted a playoff game. Oh well, that was 15 years ago, I am over it.....

What I will never get over is that 1999 season opener versus the Cowboys one of the only two times I cried after a Redskins game.

The last time I cried was after the 2010 season opener. I thought we lost, but then the holding call came and we won. I had so many emotions going on (anger happiness, frustration, sadness, joy) that the only thing I can do was cry. :doh:

Not to pile on JCam... but he's got a ton. And while I don't think it's the most boneheaded play... it's the most symbolic... when he threw that last second Hail Mary and it landed 15 yards out of bounds against the Chargers practice squad. Yes.... very symbolic of JCam...

What does Donovan McNabb saying RG3 is a bad fit, have to do with bonehead Redskins plays? I'm confused why this was bumped for

that.

first he sucks, then he goes somewhere else and sucks, then brings RGIII into it just to trash his former coach, then videotapes his fat ass throwing a football in the ocean, then claims to have lost 15 pounds and somehow that is going to make him better when obviously the weight wasnt the problem it was Shanahan. Bonehead

What I will never get over is that 1999 season opener versus the Cowboys one of the only two times I cried after a Redskins game.

I saw the 1979 showdown in Texas Stadium when we lost 35-34 after leading 34-21, but the 1999 Home opener in OT losing 41-35, after leading 35-14, was just too much for me. I was on the verge of tears and I was 31 at the time. I just couldn't believe it. How do you blow a lead that big heading into the 4th quarter. All we had to do is run the ball and get some first downs here and there, even if we did have to punt.

Yes, there have been enough boneheaded plays over the years.

I originally thought the Redskins gave up too much for Griffin, but I now believe he is really the team's first chance to legitimately break the jinx here since Gibbs retired that first time back in January 1993.

Thought about this all day, and since the only team I follow is the 'Skins, therefore, I only have those memories.

But the Leon Lett debaucle still makes me laugh till I cry.

Gus with his head into the wall...we don't get many 'Skins games here, so I had friends over. One of the most embarrassing sports moments witnessed by others in my own home.

And the double time-out wins...I was screaming and crying at my husband,"He's a ****ing coach!! Even I know that rule!" He's not one to get overly sappy, and he knew he could never console me, so he said ,"I'm sorry, baby, I really am" and left the room. Especially with it being a special game for ST, I cried for 2 days...people where I worked at the time (Patriots fans) were sympathetic, believe it. Couldn't have been happier just to have people around who knew how passionate I am about my team, and they didn't tease.

for all NFL Wrongway Jim Marshall has to be the worst ever! For the Skins it has to be Frerotte and the following soundbytes: "Leadership is overrated" Jeff George, "Maroon and Black" by Zorn, and "Hindsight is 50-50" Stevo Spurrier

92' was boneheaded for me. We didn't pay Rypien, he held out, and we weren't quite right after that. We made the playoffs, but we shoulda beaten the snot out of people that year. That same year, we traded up for Desmond. I hate that trade more than us picking Shuler. Quarterbacks are hit or miss, but no way did I think Desmond would suck so hard. I guess I'm picking these points because it marked the end of our decade of dominance, and the resurgence of our most hated rival.

As for the double timeout, I'm actually a huge fan of that moment. Gibbs broke down in the locker room afterwards, and the troops rallied around him. We went on to win the next five games, including a complete ass whipping of Dallas in our last regular season game. That timeout, for me, sums up Gibbs 2.0. Gibbs wasn't the masterful strategist that he once was, but he was still the finest leader of men to ever coach the game.

Not even close for me. The Joe Theismann toss with .12 seconds left in Superbowl 1V111. My friends actually thought I went into some type of convulsion. I probably did and was very lucky to live through it. :logo:

I mean that was right up there with a population destroying virus, nuclear attack, or successful soviet invasion. :)

In my remaining time on earth I don't think I could witness anything as sinister, for sure nothing as heart breaking.

Dan :logo:.

I have had a hate/hate more relationship with every Redskin safety between Brad Edwards and Sean Taylor. But Boss_Hogg hit on our biggest bonehead ever in Matt Stevens. Who at FS played run all the way as Ismail breezed by him on opening day, 1999.

I saw the 1979 showdown in Texas Stadium when we lost 35-34 after leading 34-21, but the 1999 Home opener in OT losing 41-35, after leading 35-14, was just too much for me. I was on the verge of tears and I was 31 at the time. I just couldn't believe it. How do you blow a lead that big heading into the 4th quarter. All we had to do is run the ball and get some first downs here and there, even if we did have to punt.

I'll say this though, that is when I knew that I was a die-hard Redskins fan. :yes:

Archived