Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Time Bonehead Plays

kingofdaroad99

If you're like me, youve been losing sleep over worring about the other shoe dropping, because there is obviously NO way the Redskins can actually be good right? Then again maybe they are, how would we know, we wouldnt know a good team if it hit us in the face. Anyway back to the point, to lighten the mood on a Gameday Eve I would like to hear peoples suggestions for most bonehead redskins play of all time. To clarify, I dont mean bad plays, just bonehead. For instance, muffing the extra point to lose the game against tampa isnt bonehead, just bad. Now trying the swinging gate TWO TIMES IN A ****ING ROW, thats bonehead.

So I will start, to me the most bonehead Redskins play of all time was Brian Mitchell's "touchback" on the one yard line:shot:

Whos next?

Gus Frerotte TD Celebration - "The smash my neck vertebrae" celebration.

Agree. In fact, it could be argued that it's the definition of "bonehead".

Now, I came into this thread expecting to nominate the "All time bonehead play" (without the word "Redskin").

And to me, that title has to go to the ***hole who thought he was about to score a TD, in the Super Bowl, and decided to wave the football at the pursuing defender, and got it swatted out of his hand by the other defender that he hadn't seen.

I don't think it's possible to get more boneheaded that losing a Super Bowl TD because you decided to taunt a player before you've scored the TD.

(I think he should have gotten an unsportsmanlike call, and a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the foul, too.)

As soon as I started reading the post, the swinging gate is the first thing that came to my head. However, I am actually going to pick a play from this preseason (dunno if that counts). Brandon Banks dropping the ball before he got into the endzone. I know it was ruled a touchdown but after looking at it over and over I really think he might have dropped it a little too early. I am a HUGE fan of Brandon Banks but after that moment of stupidity I wanted to slap his grandma. I was watching the game two years ago (I think it was two years ago, don't feel like looking it up) where Desean Jackson dropped the ball before getting into the endzone with my old roommate who was an eagles fan. After seeing Brandon Banks drop that ball, all I could think was "thank God I no longer live with that damn eagles fan."

Love Coach Gibbs, but the double timeout vs. the Bills wasn't too bright. I still believe that kick would have been good from 50 though.

I had completely forgotten about that one. Hurts to think about it. I actually remember making the comment "well I didn't know you couldn't call two timeouts in a row either" trying to defend Gibbs. That's when my dad made a good point "you aren't an NFL coach."

I had completely forgotten about that one. Hurts to think about it. I actually remember making the comment "well I didn't know you couldn't call two timeouts in a row either" trying to defend Gibbs. That's when my dad made a good point "you aren't an NFL coach."

I don't think I've ever felt that bad after a loss as I felt that day. I pretty much thought we'd lose the rest of our games that season.

And to me, that title has to go to the ***hole who thought he was about to score a TD, in the Super Bowl, and decided to wave the football at the pursuing defender, and got it swatted out of his hand by the other defender that he hadn't seen.

Leon Lett of the Cowboys. And that wasn't even his most boneheaded play. Later in his career the Cowboys were playing on Turkey Day against Miami and it was snowing in Dallas. Miami was lining up for a long FG attempt at the end of the game and Dallas blocked it and the ball was coming to a rest downfield. Leon slides in to try and recover it (god knows why) but doesn't and Miami recovers the ball after he touches it, and soon after scores the winning points.

For the Skins, I can't think of any. Didn't we play the Bears during their monster '85 season and Joey T came into punt and it went some really short distance? He jokes about that still.

Archived