Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams looked totally dead in the second half

skinsfanno9

Williams will be on the injury report with a knee. He was quite good until he hyper-extended it a little on that first sack he surrendered. After that he looked incapable of blocking. Don't be surprised if he misses a game, but I'd be stunned if they don't talk about his knee early tomorrow.

Nooo. Don't say that. Darn. We don't have depth for that injury this early.

Our line is weird. We can run it but our pass protection is lacking. Am I wrong? That's what I thought I saw tonight.

Really disappointing game for Trent. He is a 4th Ovl pick and should be performing at a much higher level. He was looking silly on some of those plays. Falling on the ground and getting the QB killed. We need to protect Rex because im not sure Beck is on his level within this offense.

This guys is a bum and we will replace him next season, maybe we can get 3rd or 5th round pick for him

This is the kind of idiotic comment that could only come from a Redskins fan. Trade a second-year left tackle who is fourth overall?

People, please think before you speak. Or, better yet, just don't speak at 2:00 in the morning following a win. Thx.

He just needs to get stronger and spend more time with the coaches working on his game. The kid is still raw, but has the ability to learn and needs to do so quickly. It will be interesting to see how things go from here, because I don't think he could get much worse on a game day than yesterday's performance.

Thought he looked bad a few times (which, for a LT, means he played pretty badly), but I'll give him a pass considering he was clutching his leg at one point during the game. Let's see how he progresses over the year. Hopefully his knee is fine.

That sucks that's he's injured but it may turn out to be a good chance to evaluate young talent. The rookies proved they can play yesterday so I'm hungry to see more. Don't get me wrong I still think Williams is the best Tackle we have but that isn't saying much because I thought Brown looked pretty awful yesterday. I think the Skins may need to draft another tackle and at least another guard/center.

That said, the pass protection was a little better after the opening drive. They gave up too many sacks and too many hits but it was the first game. Hopefully they can build and get better!

Watch the first sack he gave up. He jammed his knee, rolled over, laid on the ground and had to be helped up. Immediately thereafter he sucked.

If he wasn't having stability issues to put him on those skates after that play, then we are going to have a long, painful season.

More and more excuses for a guy who has been inconsistent and not lived up to his draft position. I saw that play and IMHO he was sucking prior to that point. I agree he got worse but he hurt it while GIVING UP A SACK! He is was beat bad on that play.

I hope that he improves but honestly he has not played anywhere near as well as I had hoped he would. IMHO he did not look good in the preseason either. If it was just this one game the injury excuse would make more sense but honestly has he been injured his entire pro career?

Williams will be on the injury report with a knee. He was quite good until he hyper-extended it a little on that first sack he surrendered. After that he looked incapable of blocking. Don't be surprised if he misses a game, but I'd be stunned if they don't talk about his knee early tomorrow.

H'es in the doghouse with me right now. He didn't show up to the off-season stuff that London organized. He is still very sloppy over there and apparently he is injury prone too. I have high hopes for him this season but he got beat up yesterday.

Stop with the excuses. Pierre Paul straight beat him like a drum pretty much the entire game. Trent needs to get better. PERIOD!

Especially where the run game is concerned. JPP was there to meet Hightower on every stretch play and that's supposed to be our bread and butter under Shanny.

Archived