Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams looked totally dead in the second half

skinsfanno9

What about switching Brown to LT and Trent to RT? Now that we have Brown signed for some years, we can have him play there for 2-3 years and try drafting another LT then.

I've seen the idea about switching TW & JB pop up a few times probably starting around the end of last year or so, but I wonder if the coaches have experimented with it at all. I mean IIRC, JB went to a probowl as a LT and then when he came here we put him in at RT, and TW was a RT in college but we brought him in here and put him at LT. Is this one of those circumstances where the best answer truly is the most obvious answer? That maybe the best thing we could possibly do would be to switch them back to their natural position. If nothing else I like the idea because it gives TW some time to accumulate snaps and maturity on the "slightly less demanding" RT side of the ball, and offers the team more options in the case of injuries for more interchangable parts going into the future.

I've seen the idea about switching TW & JB pop up a few times probably starting around the end of last year or so, but I wonder if the coaches have experimented with it at all. I mean IIRC, JB went to a probowl as a LT and then when he came here we put him in at RT, and TW was a RT in college but we brought him in here and put him at LT. Is this one of those circumstances where the best answer truly is the most obvious answer? That maybe the best thing we could possibly do would be to switch them back to their natural position. If nothing else I like the idea because it gives TW some time to accumulate snaps and maturity on the "slightly less demanding" RT side of the ball, and offers the team more options in the case of injuries for more interchangable parts going into the future.

this was my thought also. TW looked terrible again today and if he keeps it up, grossman is gonna get killed...a swap of them sounds like a good idea. I don't know how feasible it is.

What about switching Brown to LT and Trent to RT? Now that we have Brown signed for some years, we can have him play there for 2-3 years and try drafting another LT then.

Seems like a no brainer to me if he is injured or is ineffective. It just takes one series to see if Brown helps us, and who knows, maybe JB is a better LT than RT, while we are at it. But dont forget Trent has a full plate maybe the hardest job out there. He did meh last year but did seem to face a pro bowl candidate week in and week out. I saw when he got injured today, but lineman get banged up the whole damn year it seems. DL take turns on them all day. Like Neild schooling their center today.

I think offensive coaches ask too much of OL thats why all teams have largely little to no depth there. Trent cant take a play off.

Williams will be on the injury report with a knee. He was quite good until he hyper-extended it a little on that first sack he surrendered. After that he looked incapable of blocking. Don't be surprised if he misses a game, but I'd be stunned if they don't talk about his knee early tomorrow.

That makes me feel much much better. I didn't notice him hurt it and no one said anything so I was pretty disappointed, my honest opinion is a little inappropriate. But if he was injured then that makes me feel a lot more positive about it because he actually stayed in and toughed it out. He did almost get Grossman killed a couple times though including a possible game-changing fumble that Williams was responsible for. Hopefully when he recovers from the knee he'll be a stud because we need him to be. I'm also hoping his knee doesn't become a constant issue - is it the same one he injured last year?

Unfortunately we had a few weak spots, and Trent was again one of them.. He just needs to play better, period.. A tweaked knee may explain some slowness today, but he's been subpar all last year, and during preseason this year.. Our "top" lineman can't be giving up 2 sacks a game.. As someone said, thank god Tuck wasnt healthy.. Our QB's need all the help they can't get!! Step it up "Silverback"..

Switching LTand RT doesn't appear to me to mke a lot of dfference.Neither looked especially effective and Brown was beat several times and brought back a good gain by his hold. Still, at this point, it couldn't hurt.

Still, the OLine is better. But it's still not good. I hold hope that Brown performs better as the season progresses, like last year.

Trent Williams didn't live up to his potential today. He gave up two sacks. Jason Pierre-Paul, who is an excellent pass rusher, had his way with Trent. I doubt if he's out of shape. He just got overpowered at times. For the most part, Trent Williams did pass protect well, but he clearly lost the fight to Pierre-Paul today.

I think the entire O-Line is out of shape. They started off great especially in the run game then slowly get worse and worse as the game went one. I noticed the same thing happen in week 3 of the preseason when they played the entire first half. Played great at first then started to allow pressure as the game went on.

Archived