Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams looked totally dead in the second half

skinsfanno9

Williams will be on the injury report with a knee. He was quite good until he hyper-extended it a little on that first sack he surrendered. After that he looked incapable of blocking. Don't be surprised if he misses a game, but I'd be stunned if they don't talk about his knee early tomorrow.

I did wonder if it there was a knee or a back problem, because there were several snaps here he really barely got out of his stance. if he's not carrying an injury then that performance was inexcusable. Grossman and Beck will get seriously hurt if he keeps on playing like that. Brown didn't look much better than Williams either.

hows Okung been out in Seattle? Just asking because Im curious if Shanny missed on that pick. Regardless, Trents got talent....but he better step his game up. As for moving him to RT, that would probably make him the most expensive RT in the league! But if it keeps the Rex standing, Im all for it

Trent looked bad. Im hoping its early season rust that he needs to shake off. Ive seen him play well last year, and I can only hope he just keeps improving, but sheesh, dude looked slow and ineffective out there yesterday. if I was Rex, Id be pissed at him.

There were a couple plays it looked like Rex didnt want to get up off the field, but then thought to himself "I cant lose the starting job" and he bounced back up.

Trent needs to step it up big time. Poor showing yesterday.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

I did wonder if it there was a knee or a back problem, because there were several snaps here he really barely got out of his stance. if he's not carrying an injury then that performance was inexcusable. Grossman and Beck will get seriously hurt if he keeps on playing like that. Brown didn't look much better than Williams either.

I saw that replay where it looked like he only took one step to his left, and D-lineman was already past him.

Could you imagine if Justin Tuck was healthy? TW has got to step up his game.

If Tuck had been in the game Jammal Brown would have been the one with his hands full more often than not. Let's also not shortchange Paul-Pierre. He hasn't seen a lot of NFL action since he was drafted but he has been pretty effective in the limited looks he's had.

Watching the game he just looked careless. How many times does a rookie have to beat you w/ a speed rush inside or even worse the head fake before you get fired up? I think he looked his worse in the beginning of the game. Yes, he's young but thus far I really can't see that much difference in him and what Heyer looked like when he first got playing time at LT. IMO Heyer showed flashes but just didn't pan out in the end. T.W. never really sealed the end on any stretch plays or opened holes. Essentially everything Hightower got was because of his running skills.

Williams will be on the injury report with a knee. He was quite good until he hyper-extended it a little on that first sack he surrendered. After that he looked incapable of blocking. Don't be surprised if he misses a game, but I'd be stunned if they don't talk about his knee early tomorrow.

Did the injury report come out yet? I've heard nothing about Williams being injured. Did I miss it?

Archived