Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com: Players to be fined for wearing 9/11 Gear (Pic of Cooleys Gear in Link)

S.T.real,lights,out

So they can play IN New York, ON 9/11, pay remembrance to 9/11 ... but cannot sport 9/11 gear? What a joke.

All jerseys are already gonna have a ribbon, remembering 9-11. I actually support them being fined. Rules are rules. Plus it opens a pandora's box. You'd then have players wearing all kinds of stuff on a weekly basis, supporting this or that.

---------- Post added September-9th-2011 at 01:05 PM ----------

What a surprise. Goodell, being blamed for everything again. :ols:

Yeah, and most of the guys blaming him are almost always wrong. Go figure.

What? It's breast cancer awareness dude, you know, the number 1 disease that cause casualties in women? Getting flagged for hard hits while wearing pink? I don't get it? Are you suggesting it makes them less manly? Aren't you also the same guy who openly made fun of Reed Doughty for being deaf and having a special needs child?

No i dont remember making fun of Reed Doughty for those reasons, i would never do that.

And yes, i know its breast awareness, but they dont need to wear pink for more than one week. The NFL makes them look like some girls out there when they are wearing pink thongs and are getting fined for making a great tackle on defense.

No i dont remember making fun of Reed Doughty for those reasons, i would never do that.

And yes, i know its breast awareness, but they dont need to wear pink for more than one week. The NFL makes them look like some girls out there when they are wearing pink thongs and are getting fined for making a great tackle on defense.

The NFL doesn't make them do anything. It's the players' choice. If it makes them so feminine why don't you personally let them know.

I apologize, I was thinking of someone else. Fair enough. I guess i'm just snippy about it because my mother suffered from breast cancer. I find it moving that players are aware of it and not ashamed to support it and wear pink. Pink does not make anyone less manly.

If they do fine players, which they will, just another example of the trainwreck that is the NFL. Well done Roger and the rest of the idiots making the decisions

I disconcur. You're all well and good with this "memorial" because you agree with it. I wonder what the response will be when the first radical jihadist punter wears shoes that say "Eff You filthy American Pig" on them. There is a uniform policy in place for good reason

Just wondering.....

When you get pulled over by the police do you get mad at yourself for speeding? the cop for writing you a ticket when clearly you were not speeding? or do you get mad at your state/representatives for having such a law to begin with?

I'm just asking cause most people get mad at the police officer no different then Goodell. He's simply enforcing the rules but someone always gets blamed.

Just wondering.....

When you get pulled over by the police do you get mad at yourself for speeding? the cop for writing you a ticket when clearly you were not speeding? or do you get mad at your state/representatives for having such a law to begin with?

I'm just asking cause most people get mad at the police officer no different then Goodell. He's simply enforcing the rules but someone always gets blamed.

You're correct. That's why I posted the :ols:. Because I would blame myself. Most would be pissed at the police. Same thing, as you point out.

Just wondering.....

Well said. I don't like some of the things he does as far as suspension but he is the commish and he has to enforce the rules.

I know the competitiion committee sets the rules, but if Goodell isn't responsible for anything, what the hell are they paying him to do? How come Rozell and Tagliabue could be criticized, but not Saint Roger? Come on, I know this isn't all his fault, but he IS in charge of the league the last I checked. Or at least that's what the title says on the nameplate on his desk.

---------- Post added September-9th-2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

What? It's breast cancer awareness dude, you know, the number 1 disease that cause casualties in women? Getting flagged for hard hits while wearing pink? I don't get it? Are you suggesting it makes them less manly? Aren't you also the same guy who openly made fun of Reed Doughty for being deaf and having a special needs child?

I like the tribute, but I'd like for them to scale it down to a ribbon on the uniform and helmet. I really can't stand the pink shoes, pink towel, pink gloves, etc.

Archived