Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Mario Bros. Game (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Best Mario Kart would be a fun debate also. Gotta be between 64 and Super Mario Kart.

During my late middle school/early high school years before my friends and I could drive I can remember playing battle mode in Super Mario Kart with 5 or 6 of my friends for hours and hours and hours....

Oh man... when you could only play the games in the arcade. Actually before my time.

Now I am really going to feel old because I remember when Pong came out. At the time, people were amazed that there was an electronic game and the graphics were so clear and clean. Yes....Pong.

Super Mario World on SNES was my first ever game and console. I remember I bought SMW and The Lion King as starter games with my SNES, and then Aladdin. SMW is the ideal Mario game to me, mainly because it was my first exposure to a real game outside of the PC and Atari. My friends had Sega's and the original NES.

BTW- You may have forgotten about the granddaddy of them all "Mario Brothers." I think it may have started on Atari, but I know there was as NES version too. Pre- SMB.

That was a great game. A little repetitive, but my brother and I used to play it for hours. Bouncing on each other's head, and knocking each other into the turtles, flies and crabs. Good mindless fun. POW!

The original was groundbreaking, the 2nd wasn't technically a Mario game at all, it was "Doki Doki Panic" http://www.mariowiki.com/Yume_K%C5%8Dj%C5%8D:_Doki_Doki_Panic

The 3rd one was an iconic game. The SNES one was groundbreaking once again. I know that RPG's aren't allowed for whatever reason but it is my opinion that Super Mario RPG for the SNES is not only the greatest Mario game of all time, but one of the greatest games of all time.

Super Mario 64 was liked by many, I never truly enjoyed it as much as anybody else, and I've stopped playing the franchise mainly since then other than the Mario Kart games.

My vote would be for Super Mario RPG but I'm not allowed to for some reason even though its a Mario game that involves Mario, Princess Peach, Bowser, and a whole bunch of fun puzzles, fighting, jumping, secret boxes, humor, etc.

With that in mind I would vote for Super Mario 3 as the greatest pure Mario game of all time. It took the idea of the original Super Mario and presented it in a much more interesting manner in my opinion.

The only proper choices are Super Mario 3, Super Mario World (SNES), and Super Mario 64. The first one would win "most revolutionary game", or "most influential game", but when you actually stack it up in terms of gameplay to some other Mario's, it's clearly not the best.

I'm glad to see that most people who voted in the poll agree with me. If you happen to actually like the original the best, then rock on.

I had to vote for Super Mario 64, aka "It's me Mario!"

It was the first real 3D game that I got into. There was so much to do and it was very challenging at points. I played that game for days and days and days. I can still remember all of the little sound effects that Mario would make as he was jumping, wall jumping, etc. That game was iconic.

Honorable mentions to SMB, SM2, SM3 and SMW. All of those great games. I'd have to put SMW and SM3 right behind SM64.

I have to go SM64 just because that really brought to life the new genre of 3d gaming (yes I know dreamcast came first, but really). It really blew me away the first time I played it. Close 2nd is Super Mario World for me though, the was one fun game, still got my SNES too, so I can play it whenever.

I have to go SM64 just because that really brought to life the new genre of 3d gaming (yes I know dreamcast came first, but really). It really blew me away the first time I played it. Close 2nd is Super Mario World for me though, the was one fun game, still got my SNES too, so I can play it whenever.

dreamcast is post N64. Dreamcast came before the XBOX/PS2/Gamecube generation. You're probably thinking the Playstation.

And for those naming Paper Mario, Mario Kart, etc., the poll is supposed to encompass Mario platformers (though there are still some omissions), not all games with the Mario brand. Plus, if we were including the RPG games, Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars > Paper Mario.

Archived