Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any word on the national FOX TV schedule for the opening weekend 'Skins game?

Killbox

With it being 9-11 there is no way the game won't be nationally televised

This is what I'm counting on. I'd be shocked if New York and Washington, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, weren't nationally televised. If I don't get to see this game, I'll be pissed. I'm really surprised they didn't make it the SNF game, to be honest.

Now that you made me look at the other 4:15 games, I am screwed. I already know I will be getting the Vikings-Chargers....whoopie... guess I will be "hitting the links" that afternoon :)

BTW, redskns21 gave you, by far, the best link for that info when it is available. the506 is a great source.

I don't have a link handy but I saw that Buck/Aikman were already slated for our game so I'm assuming it's national at 4:15.

---------- Post added August-26th-2011 at 12:01 AM ----------

http://buckeyenewshawk.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/nfl-week-1-announcing-schedule/

Thursday, September 8:

New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers, 8:30 p.m. NBC – Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michelle Tafoya

Sunday, September 11:

Early Games:

Detroit Lions @ Tampa Bay Bucs, 1 p.m. FOX — Chris Myers, Tim Ryan

Atlanta Falcons @ Chicago Bears, 1 p.m. FOX – Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa

Philadelphia Eagles @ St. Louis Rams, 1 p.m. FOX – Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick, Laura Okmin

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. CBS — Jim Nantz, Phil Simms

Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. CBS — Marv Albert, Rich Gannon

Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m. CBS — Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans, 1 p.m. CBS — Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorff

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. CBS — Kevin Harlan, Soloman Wilcots

Late Games:

New York Giants @ Washington Redskins, 4:15 p.m. FOX — Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver

Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers, 4:15 p.m. FOX — Dick Stockton, John Lynch

Minnesota Vikings @ San Diego Chargers, 4:15 p.m. FOX — Ron Pitts, Jim Mora Jr

Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals, 4:15 p.m. FOX – Sam Rosen, Chad Pennington

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. NBC — Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michelle Tafoya

Monday, September 12:

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins, 7 p.m. ESPN — Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Ron Jaworski, Suzy Kolber

Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos, 10 p.m. ESPN — Brad Nessler, Trent Dilfer

I really hope the Skins game gets the national slot. The only thing that has me concerned is that Joe Buck, during his usual love-in with Aikman and Bradshaw, was mentioning how they would see the Rams in a few games this year and I think they might be doing the Eagles-Rams game week 1. I hope I'm wrong though. :)

Buck and Aikman will be in DC no doubt. Our game will get the biggest distribution of the day by a wide margin but it will not be "nationally televised." If you live on the west coast you are likely going to get one of the other games. If you live in Minnesota and some immediate surrounding areas you won't get the game and if you live in North Carolina or in the close vicinity you probably won't get it.

The entire east coast will get our game as will most every other "neutral" market like Texas, Kansas, etc

---------- Post added August-26th-2011 at 12:08 AM ----------

It's the late game on fox here in Cali.........Just saw it advertise yesterday

You probably saw the generic ad for FOX that day. Highly doubtful any area of Cali will get Redskins-Giants with both the Chargers and 49ers playing in the same slot. Add in the Seahawks and Cardinals as well and I'd say the majority of the west coast will not be getting the Redskins game unless it's some odd little pocket.

And it STILL baffles me that some fans are still slave to the local TV options. Even if you don't want purchase Sunday Ticket yourself I'd say there isn't a sportsbar in America that doesn't have it at this point.

Buck and Aikman will be in DC no doubt. Our game will get the biggest distribution of the day by a wide margin but it will not be "nationally televised." If you live on the west coast you are likely going to get one of the other games. If you live in Minnesota and some immediate surrounding areas you won't get the game and if you live in North Carolina or in the close vicinity you probably won't get it.

The entire east coast will get our game as will most every other "neutral" market like Texas, Kansas, etc

In Texas, or at least my market, we tend to get NFC East games just because of cowgirl implications. I moved down here last year and was surprised at the amount of Skins games I could watch from home (and not have to go to a bar).

I live in San Antonio and our market gets overrun by the Texans and Phallus (mostly the cowgirls).

It's VERY hard to watch a 'Skins game here, because if they aren't playing the same time as Dallas or Houston, then we get a split of AFC teams.

They also make decisions that confuse everyone by showing games like Kansas City vs. St.Louis or other non-sense.

Nobody cares about either one? Why show it here instead of the NFC? Just boggles the mind.

Oh No always hate to see the Dallas Cowboys announcing team (Buck and Aikman) doing a game but oh well. Wonder when Gus Johnson will start doing his NFL games on Fox. Fellas close to the field should get a good look at Pam Oliver's "Junk in the trunk"

I heard Gus Johnson's first game will be Rams Vs Redskins Week 04. Since he and Charles are doing college, their NFL schedules will be limited

Redskins vs. Giants is the #1 designated afternoon game on FOX, however that doesn't necessarily means every region gets it. Being in 49er land, coverage is usually skewed to NFC West teams when the 49ers aren't on, however if the 'Skins vs. G-men game is considered big enough it can override the regional preference.

There has been plenty of times that 'Skins games have been on here over NFC West teams.

Of course, if all else fails I will be front & center at the sportsbar anyway. The one advantage of late games is that there is usually a lot less of them on so I almost always get my pick of what TV to watch it on.

EDIT: Oops just realized 49ers play at the same time as 'Skins....so in THAT case no way the 'Skins game is on here in Northern California. I will be at sports bar!

We will be the #1 game on FOX that day (9-11). Joe Buck & Troy Aikman will call our game, they are the #1 team on FOX. For week two when we play Arizona, we will have Chris Myers & Tim Ryan calling our game. Here is a complete list of games and announcers on FOX for week 2:

--SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18--

1:00 PM ET Starts:

Arizona at Washington -- Myers, Ryan

Tampa Bay at Minnesota -- Stockton, Lynch

Green Bay at Carolina -- Pitts, Mora

Chicago at New Orleans -- Buck, Aikman, Oliver

Seattle at Pittsburgh -- Albert, Moose, Goose

4:05 PM ET Start:

Dallas at San Francisco -- Brennaman, Billick, Okmin

Our game will only be seen in this immediate area (Virginia, DC & Maryland except Baltimore), and in the entire state of Arizona.

Edit: Yes!! My 100th Post (Hurray for me!!!!)

---------- Post added August-26th-2011 at 12:08 AM ----------

You probably saw the generic ad for FOX that day. Highly doubtful any area of Cali will get Redskins-Giants with both the Chargers and 49ers playing in the same slot. Add in the Seahawks and Cardinals as well and I'd say the majority of the west coast will not be getting the Redskins game unless it's some odd little pocket.

And it STILL baffles me that some fans are still slave to the local TV options. Even if you don't want purchase Sunday Ticket yourself I'd say there isn't a sportsbar in America that doesn't have it at this point

I am a Redskins fan from So Cal. We have watched many a Redskins game I remember few years ago I lamented having paid for NFL ticket when seemed like every week the skins were on. Hail

Archived