Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Landry tweaks hammy, Banks OUT Torain OUT vs Ravens...injury news

THUNDERDOME

Landry hasn't been the same since he was run over in that Giants game a couple years back.

Were you in a mental institute for the first half of last season? Landry was arguably the defensive MVP of the league until he hurt his Achilles. And he was playing with a ****ed up wrist.

For some reason I think Banks may end up on IR. This knee issue doesn't sound good.

I'm a bit of a conspiracy nut tinfoilhat.gif

With each passing game, it's becoming more & more apparent that this new kickoff rule will be a one-year blunder.

Consider Terrence Austin looking to be a beast & Donté Stallworth is seemingly everything we've wanted Kelly to be, as well as Armstrong & Gaffney being roster locks (Hankerson, although debatable, would likely get plucked from the PS) it makes much sense, imo, to add Brandon Banks to the PUP list, for a few reasons:

• Avoid cutting star KO Returner, due to a [dumb] rule which surely won't be in effect next season.

• Avoid cutting productive WR's, just to keep a star KO returner who's temporarily unable to return kicks (due to dumb one-year rule)

• Avoid "Media Shannahating", possible fines and *slayed reputation if caught faking injuries, in order to justify the addition of star KO Returner to the PUP list.

* (see Spygate, Belichick)

edit: and isn't there a new rule banning the faking of injuries?

Ya see.. Mike Shanahan is no dummy.. Especially if he feels that we're looking to make a strong run at the Superbowl, next year, there's an absolute ZERO chance he is going to cut his game-changing, star Kickoff Returner, when there's a strong chance that this new KO rule will soon be a joke of the future...

Step 1: fake injury

Step 2: BB to the PUP

Step 3: Keep WRs

Step 4: if truly hurt, let BB heal for "the run"

Step 5: Dumb rule revert

Step 6: BB back in action

Step 7: Championship!!

edit:

Step 8: Remove Tin Foil hate 914-1246952752.gif

Makes sense, right? :D Surely, I could have expressed this thought in less words.. But what fun would that be? :whoknows:

Regardless, Hail!

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 11:39 PM ----------

Laron Landry = Malcolm Kelly

Just kidding

dont_go_there_button-p145953787332609980trxn_152.jpg

I See Ninjas

Good to know. Where'd you go to medical school? :ols:

yer a funny funny little douchebag...just my opinion, prediction...hard to have no preseason a hammy and an achilles and jump out and play at a high level...visions of desean jackson owning LL30 for a 90yd tdbomb on play one...but maybe that would be hakeem nicksor some other giants speedster...

Maybe, except that Brandon Banks has practiced, so he's not eligible for PUP. He'd have to go on IR, and not be eligible to play until next year, which still might fit a bit.

yehhh... same difference :pfft:

btw, anyone know of BB's contract situation?

---------- Post added August-22nd-2011 at 01:27 AM ----------

Landry hasn't been the same since he was run over in that Giants game a couple years back.

:doh: c'mon man... where were you, last season, when LL was headed to the Pro Bowl?

yer a funny funny little douchebag...just my opinion, prediction...hard to have no preseason a hammy and an achilles and jump out and play at a high level...visions of desean jackson owning LL30 for a 90yd tdbomb on play one...but maybe that would be hakeem nicksor some other giants speedster...

Little Day Day should have been bumped at the line of scrimmage by our Pro Bowl MVP CB lol. He literally sped right passed him. Any Safety in the league would have been torched on that play. I got LaRon knocking that skinny ****er out 10 times out of 10 if everyone does what they are supposed to do and LaRon meets head on with DeSeana.

I'm just saying lol.. if your going to speak on things at least try and understand what your saying.

unnecessary, my friend..

ya well I really dislike smart ass little haters on a chat board who can't handle someone expressing an opinion...it's a friggin fan chat board...we sometimes state quick thoughts, opinions etc...if you don't like it or don't agree move on or say something in a nice way..otherwise...I might bite back...take it up w the terp boy...httr

People I dont think Kelly is really hurt. I think Shanny has keep him out to make sure he dont get hurt. I think Shanny saw him when they first started Camp and he was doing good and he made a decision to sit him till season start. Wasnt the talk in the begining of camp that Kelly was looking great. I think Mike just want his #1 to be fully healthy at the start of camp.

I know for a fact that Kelly has a bruised Uterus. Xrays came back positive and it looks like he'll be on injured reserve for the next few years.

I'm all for a backfield of Hightower, Helu and Royster.

Me too. Torrain's inability to stay healthy is a big factor here, but I also just like what I see from Helu and Royster.

For some reason I think Banks may end up on IR. This knee issue doesn't sound good.

This is an intersting possibility, but I hope Banks makes the roster and contributes this year. His big plays on special teams will be missed if he doesn't.

Laron Landry = Malcolm Kelly

Apparently a few people missed the joke, but I realize you are kidding. In seriousness, Landry's injuries are becoming a big concern.

People I dont think Kelly is really hurt. I think Shanny has keep him out to make sure he dont get hurt. I think Shanny saw him when they first started Camp and he was doing good and he made a decision to sit him till season start. Wasnt the talk in the begining of camp that Kelly was looking great. I think Mike just want his #1 to be fully healthy at the start of camp.

You cannot really think this. You think Kelly was so good that he was obviously better than the dozen other guys competing for the spot? You think he was so good that Shanny would not risk playing him, as though he were a Peyton Manning?

I think not.

I will be shocked if the comb makes this team.

For all those calling for the team to cut Kelly, I'd bet you'd react badly to calls to cut Banks or Torain. All are talented players that can help this team, and each of their injuries leaves them in danger of not making the roster.

the problem with this statement is both Banks and Torain have actually DONE something in a game (i.e. played) besides stand on the sideline with their helmets off (comb).

The comb has done less than nothing in his 3 years here... at this point it's not like the team is missing out on anything.

ya well I really dislike smart ass little haters on a chat board who can't handle someone expressing an opinion...it's a friggin fan chat board...we sometimes state quick thoughts, opinions etc...if you don't like it or don't agree move on or say something in a nice way..otherwise...I might bite back...take it up w the terp boy...httr

Its shocking to me that you could be here since 2004 and still act this way. Embarrassing.

When?

Was it when he invited him to training camp, but also brought in competition in the form of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker? Was it when he actually cut Torain, risking that he'd be claimed by another team off of waivers, choosing a washed up Johnson and an aged, injury-prone Portis over him? Was it when he only raised him from the Practice Squad once Johnson and Portis were either injured, or playing miserably? Was it when he claimed James Davis off the wire mid-way through the season? Was it when he traded up to draft Helu? Was it when he then drafted Royster? Was it when he traded for Tim Hightower?

I guess it depends on how one defines going out on a "limb".

Torain has started at running back for two different teams for Shanny in just 3 years. Both times- Shanny went out and got his services (via draft and free agency). His rookie season was first derailed by a elbow injury that resulted in him missing the first three months of the season. After being out all that time as a rookie he still managed to become the starting running back (injured in first half). Yes, the Broncos had a rash of injuries that year at running back, but Shanny was gushing about Torain in the offseason. Many thought he had an opportunity to start the season as the number one running back. In his first start he tore his ACL and was injured for the year. Being a 5th round pick and tearing your ACL is tough to come back from, but yet again Shanny gave him a opportunity last year and he seized it. He performed very well considering the circumstances of the team last year.

He was put on waivers in the beginning of the year because he was a 5th rounder coming off a torn ACL. Who else would want him? Shanny knew he could stash him on the practice squad. Quickly there after he was back on the team and once again the featured back for a Shanny lead team.

I would also like to make perfectly clear that I do not feel Torain is a great back by any means. He has not done nearly enough to warrant that. He did well in a bad overall offense last year. I think he is more valuable than Royster and will do more to contribute next year.

What do you think Ryan Torain would say if asked the question--- Has Shanny gone out on a limb for you over the years?

Me too. Torrain's inability to stay healthy is a big factor here, but I also just like what I see from Helu and Royster.

This is an intersting possibility, but I hope Banks makes the roster and contributes this year. His big plays on special teams will be missed if he doesn't.

What other reason he's still on the team. Theres nothing wrong with his foot. Xrays have been negative. Kelly has said the trainers are holding him out. I dont why they would do this but thats what I think, could be crazy, but it also could be brilliant.

Apparently a few people missed the joke, but I realize you are kidding. In seriousness, Landry's injuries are becoming a big concern.

You cannot really think this. You think Kelly was so good that he was obviously better than the dozen other guys competing for the spot? You think he was so good that Shanny would not risk playing him, as though he were a Peyton Manning?

I think not.

I will be shocked if the comb makes this team.

the problem with this statement is both Banks and Torain have actually DONE something in a game (i.e. played) besides stand on the sideline with their helmets off (comb).

The comb has done less than nothing in his 3 years here... at this point it's not like the team is missing out on anything.

Don't you remember that one play a few years ago? That showed how great he can be. If he was just on the field five times a game and did that twice, I mean, you can see the potential right? Right

Well, I am really upset that the Comb didn't show up. But, the good news is, Terrance Austin SHOULD make this team after his showing. He has the eventual replacement for Moss written all over him. As for Kelly, what a waste. Vinny....you suck again.

Little Day Day should have been bumped at the line of scrimmage by our Pro Bowl MVP CB lol. He literally sped right passed him. Any Safety in the league would have been torched on that play. I got LaRon knocking that skinny ****er out 10 times out of 10 if everyone does what they are supposed to do and LaRon meets head on with DeSeana.

I'm just saying lol.. if your going to speak on things at least try and understand what your saying.

It was zone coverage. Our probowl CB did give him a bump within 5 yards and stayed with him until it was time for Landry to pick up the slack. It goes both ways, if your going to speak on things at least try and understand what your saying.

Not exactly his fault either. Given the rather lackluster performance of our WRs, I wouldn't think fans would be so quick to kick one out the door.

BTW, the only reason why Torain has done more is because he got the opportunity. Otherwise, he's been just as hurt as Kelly.

Archived