Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980/Rotoworld: James Davis AWOL

DarrellsMyHero28

...if some premadonna doesn't want to get on board and play ball then ...

We interrupt this thread to chuckle at one of my favorite mangled spellings of all time....

Get with the times. He's a preladygaga.

(The term is prima donna, Italian for "first lady.")

I'm obviously not on this guy's side, but let's not call him a "head case" because he made a mistake. He did something stupid and will probably feel the consequences (I'd fine him immediately if possible).

But I hate to see anybody, especially a younger guy, get labelled as a "head case" that makes him sound mentally unstable just because he made a small mistake.

Just saying.

There was another headcase who played for the Redskins, Sam something. In his rookie year, he got frustrated and pissed off and walked out of Giants training camp. But an assistant coach who saw something in him tracked him to the airport, yelled at him about guts and determination and coaxed him back to camp. The assistant coach was a guy named Vince Lombardi. Oh yeah, the player's last name was Huff.

There was another headcase who played for the Redskins, Sam something. In his rookie year, he got frustrated and pissed off and walked out of Giants training camp. But an assistant coach who saw something in him tracked him to the airport, yelled at him about guts and determination and coaxed him back to camp. The assistant coach was a guy named Vince Lombardi. Oh yeah, the player's last name was Huff.

Yeah...... I wouldn't be making a comparison of Davis who hasn't managed to get past 5th on the depth chart to Sam Huff. Just sayin.

Running backs are relatively easy to evaluate, IMHO, especially by our HC and RB Coach so I am not worried that Davis "AKA Barry Sanders" will not be getting a second chance when he does surface.

Yeah...... I wouldn't be making a comparison of Davis who hasn't managed to get past 5th on the depth chart to Sam Huff. Just sayin.

Not comparing the two on talent, (even though nobody knew whether Sam Huff would even make the team then - he didn't even have a position in training camp yet.) Just bolstering HailToTheRedskins14's point that one stupid mistake shouldn't brand a player a "headcase."

We interrupt this thread to chuckle at one of my favorite mangled spellings of all time....

Get with the times. He's a preladygaga.

(The term is prima donna, Italian for "first lady.")

first few times I heard the phrase I thought it was pre-madonna and never understood who cared :ols:

Not comparing the two on talent, (even though nobody knew whether Sam Huff would even make the team then - he didn't even have a position in training camp yet.) Just bolstering HailToTheRedskins14's point that one stupid mistake shouldn't brand a player a "headcase."

Fair enough. I don't think he is a headcase either, just that he made a pretty spectacularly bad decision in this case.

JDavis_24James Davis

by john_keim

Please do not believe everything you here(sic) people. The story will be released soon. The real truth of the story.

Oh ok the story will be released soon I just can't wait <snicker>

All bee weighting rite hear four the storey.

Regardless, there was no Vince Lombardi chasing Davis to the airport. Obviously his assistant coach didn't "see something in him" and let him walk. If you find a lottery ticket on the ground, safe money says it's a loser.

Jarvis99jenkins @Ham_25 boi JD left the team today man smh

Jarvis99jenkins @Ham_25 man long story tried to talk him out of it

JDavis_24 Please do not believe everything you here people. The story will be released soon. The real truth of the story.

BTW James, Its "hear" not "here".... glad to see your college education paid off SMH

Archived