Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980/Rotoworld: James Davis AWOL

DarrellsMyHero28

James Davis walks out on Redskins camp

Redskins RB James Davis has reportedly walked out of training camp over dissatisfaction with his playing time and reps.

He would've been better off just asking the Redskins to waive him, instead of coming off as a player with an artificially inflated opinion of himself. Davis is reportedly "still MIA," and his absence is considered unexcused. The third-year running back was buried on the depth chart even with Ryan Torain out. Aug. 15 - 2:25 pm et

Source: Chris Russell on Twitter

On ESPN 980 they also reported Davis got into an argument with a coach at a film session over playing time and Mike Shannahan said he has no idea where Davis is.

------------------------

What a chump.

Why work your ass off in TC when you aren't getting reps or playing time regardless?

To watch the amazing Evan Royster get 15 carries? No thanks.

Hope he catches on somewhere and is given a legitimate chance to make a roster.

If you aren't going to get reps, ask to be released and go try out for other teams.

Don't act like a child.

J. Davis and Carlos Zambrano should chill.

:ols: They made the same joke on 980.

Why work your ass off in TC when you aren't getting reps or playing time regardless?

A legitimate chance? He didn't have that last year? This team was just begging for a RB to step up and play well. James Davis tried to hype himself up, but to no avail. I know that the offensive line wasn't great, but Davis showed little vision and was less than effective.

Why work your ass off in TC when you aren't getting reps or playing time regardless.

Hope he catches on somewhere and is given a legitimate chance to make the roster.

Football is a number's game, man. JD knew what he had to do to improve his chances of making the football team. Like I said, regardless of the situation, you don't yell at your coach during film study and walk off. That earns you zero respect from your team, your position coaches, your offensive coordinator or your head coach. You have to be a pro. It might've been better for Davis to talk to the coaches and see if he couldn't get traded or cut. When you've got legitimate depth on your football team like we do at running back, sometimes it's not going to work about.

But this kind of thing is a move that won't only screw his chances up of working out here, but going elsewhere. Who's going to sign him and push him up on the depth chart now? (Well, besides Philly, they'll sign anyone.) What team is he going to go to that's not going to ask him to block? And this is two coaching staff's he's gotten on the bad side of now.

He'll probably get released by first cuts now. Or, Mike being Mike, we'll hold on to him until week 4 and let him play a little, and then cut him. Either way, he just hurt his chances of helping the football team a lot.

A. Because it's your job.

B. Showing up on time and not storming out in a rage does not constitute "working your ass off."

C. Because the way to get playing time might be . . . . just MIGHT be . . . to show up and work hard.

D. Because if you want a job playing professional football -- for any team, in any league -- you may wish to conduct yourself as a professional.

It's well-known that Shanny believes in keeping RB's out there for long stretches at a time so they can get in a rhythm -- that's the only way to really evaluate an RB.

So while Royster got a long stretch in the first game, the next game he'll be on the bench while they showcase Helu and . . . .ummm, well not James Davis.

I don't care what happens to him -- he just cut himself from my team.

He's a quitter.

To use your words . . . "no thanks."

JD reminds me of some of the early 20-somethings here at my company. On their third day they're whining about being stuck in a lousy cubicle instead of the corner office.

Who in the hell is James Davis?

Oh ya that piece of crap running back that some here thought was so freaking exciting who came here last year and did absolutely jack crap when given ample opportunity to earn his spot?

Last year 7 games, 19 total rushes, less then 70 yards....

Man F him, fire his ass now. He's garbage with a bad attitude.

We are building something here and if some premadonna doesn't want to get on board and play ball then take your sorry ass to the corner and GTFO.

We don't need ya and we especially don't need any more douchebags with giant egos messing anything up

Anyone of them not on board can get out, send a message and cut him now

If you aren't going to get reps, ask to be released and go try out for other teams.

Don't act like a child.

Like I said in the other thread, the tantrum was not a good move at all, for anyone. I can understand why he'd do it, but it's a very immature move that will likely hurt his career. I suspect the only reason he didn't ask to be released is because he wants to be here. It makes no sense otherwise, although this only makes sense if he's immature. Most people in their 20s are.

I already blew my load in the other thread, and since he's cut at this point anyways, not going to copy paste my reasoning.

Here's to Evan "Magicman" Royster.

Stupid, no teams wants a dude with that kind of attitude. Plax shot himself in the foot....Davis just did the same. ;)

Huge difference

Plax is extremely talented player

So everyone will give him a second chance

James Davis on the other hand is an overhyped piece of crap,

He's below average and no team is going to want him now

Take you ball and go home

We don't need ya

Who in the hell is James Davis?

Oh ya that piece of crap running back that some here thought was so freaking exciting who came here last year and did absolutely jack crap when given ample opportunity to earn his spot?

Last year 7 games, 19 total rushes, less then 70 yards....

Man F him, fire his ass now. He's garbage with a bad attitude.

We are building something here and if some premadonna doesn't want to get on board and play ball then take your sorry ass to the corner and GTFO.

We don't need ya and we especially don't need any more douchebags with giant egos messing anything up

Anyone of them not on board can get out, send a message and cut him now

How the **** is 19 carries in a season "ample oppurtunity"?

Man, you think you've seen it all.....haha

You're right, might as well just quit.

He'll be perfect for a team in the "Suck for Luck" race.

Archived