Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980/Rotoworld: James Davis AWOL

DarrellsMyHero28

OMG, everything about it is classless. That is the mans business. Would you like it if your boss went public with how much you made? I'm pretty sure Coach Gibbs would never do such a thing to humiliate a 3rd string running back he signed last year when all the other RBs got hurt.

Very ****ing classless. Worry about philly beating the **** of us on national TV Mike, or your dumb ass son blind faith in dumb **** QB who throws to anybody in sight (even if there not wearing our colors). Sometimes the people at the top make me wonder.

FAIL!

Most people do not work in the public eye, especially after every practice there are a ton of reports asking every question conceivable. I think that Shanahan did not mean anything by it and was just trying to make light of the situation.

Just when I thought this couldn't get worse...Shanny goes and tells the media how little money the guy made, and how he's apparently retired. I agree with most of you that its humorous that such a generally boring coach is so inept with the media.

That being said, it's classless, just about as classless as what Davis pulled. The conditioning test last year was not quite as classless as Albert taking the bonus and not showing up. The things he said in the media about McNabb weren't too "classy" either. Although, having watched him play vs Detroit, I'd say it was deserved.

Hell all three examples were probably deserved, but don't act like Shanny's some kind of classy guy. He's a vindictive old man, if players get on his bad side he tries to get even. I don't mind him being a discplinarian, but wish he'd shut his mouth when it came to the media. Its more trouble than its worth. "No Comment" was all that needed to be said in all 3 cases. This isn't Denver.

Guess he didn't learn that from Bellicheck. Not that he's all that classy either, but normally doesn't give the media anything.

I like Shanahan, and his son even more, but Mike also has a mean streak. You could see it in his eyes several times while McNabb was in last season. I like it, he puts the fear of god into these players, but its pretty far from classy. More like as close to an eye for an eye as he can get.

Coach is an ******* for that. None of us really know what transpired in the locker room. Furthermore, Coach Shanahan should have been the bigger person and dealt with it professionally. Clearly Davis let his emotions get the best of him. That doesn't mean there wasn't something that didn't trigger it. What if he was promised a certain amount of carries last week? These guys are just getting back to workout post a lockout for God sake.

I heard Coach is pulling up to practice in Maybachs. We know Dan's money is contributing to his lavish lifestyle. However, that is his business. We don't need to know how little our 3rd string RB you signed out of desperation last year makes. Joe Gibbs wouldn't fix his lips to throw a player out there like that. Your a true *******. Worry about beating Andy Reid's team this season. The Giants have also had our number since 2008, it wouldn't be a bad idea trying to figure out how we can finally win a game against them.

Stay Classy Mike. (Now I understand why the rest of the league thinks we're a joke)

FAIL

Seriously...lighten up...jeeze. (if I could find it I would post the "Lighten up Francis" pic from Stripes ;) )

Do you honestly think JD only made $1500?

I am sure he made more then that. MS made a joke, simple as that.

If JD had an issue with his carries then maybe he should have tried harder...

If he felt he was wronged then he should have been a man, sucked it up and proved he deserved the carries.

Seriously...lighten up...jeeze. (if I could find it I would post the "Lighten up Francis" pic from Stripes ;) )

Do you honestly think JD only made $1500?

I am sure he made more then that. MS made a joke, simple as that.

If JD had an issue with his carries then maybe he should have tried harder...

If he felt he was wronged then he should have been a man, sucked it up and proved he deserved the carries.

Here ya go :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoc0SthZPjRPE4d0HY8Mjj93GVgGETClJJFBp45ITr9XjsDW4jxg

Coach is an ******* for that. None of us really know what transpired in the locker room. Furthermore, Coach Shanahan should have been the bigger person and dealt with it professionally. Clearly Davis let his emotions get the best of him. That doesn't mean there wasn't something that didn't trigger it. What if he was promised a certain amount of carries last week? These guys are just getting back to workout post a lockout for God sake.

I heard Coach is pulling up to practice in Maybachs. We know Dan's money is contributing to his lavish lifestyle. However, that is his business. We don't need to know how little our 3rd string RB you signed out of desperation last year makes. Joe Gibbs wouldn't fix his lips to throw a player out there like that. Your a true *******. Worry about beating Andy Reid's team this season. The Giants have also had our number since 2008, it wouldn't be a bad idea trying to figure out how we can finally win a game against them.

Stay Classy Mike. (Now I understand why the rest of the league thinks we're a joke)

FAIL

I'll bet if I check your posting history prior to this you're not a Shanny fan, just a hunch....

Trivial **** happens- ES hilarity ensues :thumbsup:

As usual, this thread has degenerated from talking about something minor because we're bored waitin' for freekin football to posters given their chance to show their bias and runnin with it.

How anyone can take this- not even a molehill, but a rumor about someone that supposedly saw a picture of a molehill once- and try to build it into a mountain that demonstrates Shanahan's character is simply amazing.

FAIL

Not to single you out Skinzfever, but I'm getting tired of hearing that. Who gives a flying **** what the league thinks of us? The rest of the league could think we have tea parties, wear blush and play WNBA 2009 in our spare time and I couldn't give two *****. It seems to be a common saying now "This is why everyone thinks we're a joke"... or "No wonder the rest of the league thinks we suck.."..or "What an embarrassment to the rest of the league.." Seriously, screw the rest of the league and their fans. Why am I going to get upset if the Buffalo Bills and both of their fans think we are the laughingstock of the league? Why would I care if the Philly fans are laughing at us during their disorderly conduct trials? Does it matter if some emo Seattle fan spits his coffee through his nose when he hears the Redskins? Man, why are we, as fans, going to care what the rest of the league thinks? It doesn't ******* matter.

Edit: Not singling you out Skinzfever, just saw your last post and got tired of hearing that. You are in no way the only person who makes those posts.

OMG, everything about it is classless. That is the mans business. Would you like it if your boss went public with how much you made? I'm pretty sure Coach Gibbs would never do such a thing to humiliate a 3rd string running back he signed last year when all the other RBs got hurt.

Very ****ing classless. Worry about philly beating the **** of us on national TV Mike, or your dumb ass son blind faith in dumb **** QB who throws to anybody in sight (even if there not wearing our colors). Sometimes the people at the top make me wonder.

FAIL!

umm i thought the pay during training camp is pretty standard among all players regardless of their contracts....

you only get paid during the regular season games...

if Shanhan just brought it up out of the blue then thats little classless.. if he was asked about what the Redskins would do then i dont see a problem with it... actually he explained it in plain english that Redskins are going to use common sense to not punish Davis unreasonably...

whats the problem with this again?

I like Shanahan, and his son even more, but Mike also has a mean streak. You could see it in his eyes several times while McNabb was in last season. I like it, he puts the fear of god into these players, but its pretty far from classy. More like as close to an eye for an eye as he can get.

Agree. I think most of Redskins faithful are still suffering from JGW or Joe Gibbs Withdrawal. A classy, brilliant head coach who endeared us closer to the team we root for more than anybody before or after him. Shanahan will definitely not be mistaken for Joe Gibbs, but I think he is the right man at this time to get it turned around. If a few gaffes appear in the media which has far many more outlets than can be monitored, so be it. As long as his players respect him and yes, fear him, maybe that will help translate to opponents fearing and respecting the Redskins.

I'm bummed about JD, and was really hoping it would work here for him. I thought keeping 4 backs, with him, Hightower, Torrain, and Helu/Royster could make for a potent RB corp. Oh well, sucks that it happened, but at the end of the day it doesn't really affect the team. I have no issue with coach Shanahan's comments, but I do have issue with JD for walking out.

What is the big deal your are talking about a RB who was near the bottom of the depth chart, we are not talking about the second coming of LT. If you want more carries and playing time then earn them. You couldn't fine the guy he wasn't making anything. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

OMG, everything about it is classless. That is the mans business. Would you like it if your boss went public with how much you made?

Professional Football is different, it's common knowledge to know player salaries.

What does this have to do with what Shanahan said about James Davis?

Professional Football is different, it's common knowledge to know player salaries.

What does this have to do with what Shanahan said about James Davis?

I'm emphasizing the fact that he should focus humiliating his opponents who owned him in his first year as head coach not a scrub RB he signed out of desperation last year. That is the kind of karma we don't need to coming back around on our all ready snake bitten franchise. Its ok though, the regular season is right around the corner. Torain is already hurt, and Tim has problems holding onto the ball. If Helu has a rough year adjusting to the pros we may need another RB.

Hail! (Professionalism is necessary)

umm i thought the pay during training camp is pretty standard among all players regardless of their contracts....

you only get paid during the regular season games...

if Shanhan just brought it up out of the blue then thats little classless.. if he was asked about what the Redskins would do then i dont see a problem with it... actually he explained it in plain english that Redskins are going to use common sense to not punish Davis unreasonably...

whats the problem with this again?

There is no problem. Davis' salary is public knowledge and the amount of money they make in the preseason is public knowledge. I'm sure the guys that are screaming about this were also screaming about the amount of money we paid Albert Haynesworth but now it's a problem that we know how much James Davis make. Please.. Shanahan was asked a direct question about whether they would fine Davis and he explained why they wouldn't. And I don't blame Shanahan for being pissed at Davis. He walked out of camp without telling a soul. They had to friggin track him down in Atlanta to find out if he was okay. Yeah, Shanahan is the bad guy in this. :doh:

I'm emphasizing the fact that he should focus humiliating his opponents who owned him in his first year as head coach not a scrub RB he signed out of desperation last year. That is the kind of karma we don't need to coming back around on our all ready snake bitten franchise. Its ok though, the regular season is right around the corner. Torain is already hurt, and Tim has problems holding onto the ball. If Helu has a rough year adjusting to the pros we may need another RB.

Hail! (Professionalism is necessary)

LOL is this what it has come down to now? Bad mouthing Shannahan over "bad karma"? Oh boy.

There is no problem. Davis' salary is public knowledge and the amount of money they make in the preseason is public knowledge. I'm sure the guys that are screaming about this were also screaming about the amount of money we paid Albert Haynesworth but now it's a problem that we know how much James Davis make. Please.. Shanahan was asked a direct question about whether they would fine Davis and he explained why they wouldn't. And I don't blame Shanahan for being pissed at Davis. He walked out of camp without telling a soul. They had to friggin track him down in Atlanta to find out if he was okay. Yeah, Shanahan is the bad guy in this. :doh:

If it was common knowledge why did he verbalize it? I'm sure he could have told the reporter "do the math" or " go look it up" even "we're just going to move in a different direction".

If it was common knowledge why did he verbalize it? I'm sure he could have told the reporter "do the math" or " go look it up" even "we're just going to move in a different direction".

do you honestly think that JD only made $1500?

If it was common knowledge why did he verbalize it?

Because he was asked a direct question on whether they would fine Davis. Are you telling me that you wouldn't be able to find any NFL player's salary in 30 seconds?

---------- Post added August-17th-2011 at 10:16 AM ----------

He and Bruce were supposed to be repairing our image among fans and around the league. (sigh)

FAIL!

You think this will have any repercussions anywhere in the sports world? Really? You are seriously looking for reasons to badmouth Shanahan.

Because he was asked a direct question on whether they would fine Davis. Are you telling me that you wouldn't be able to find any NFL player's salary in 30 seconds?

Hmmm, do you know how many times he has been asked direct questions and either avoided answering them or redirected the question at the reporters. I can link you to some of his pressers last season if you would like? All I know is he got real direct about 3rd string RB when it wasn't necessary at all. Davis already made himself look foolish.

Fail!

Archived