Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In the Shanahans’ eyes, John Beck is the Washington Redskins’ starting quarterback

azbear

They're grasping at straws proven by this statement at the bottom of the article...."All of this, though, begs the question: If the Shanahans are so sure about Beck, why not immediately name him the starter once the lockout ended?"

Because it's a competition you idiots (WP) and the best man will start.

I've been very vocal in saying when people get all whiny about writers when the Skins are so bad. HOWEVER....I agree this doesn't make a lot of sense. Between this nonsense and Steinberg looking for beards and 5th QB jersey misspellings. I'm thinking sources like Vinny calling ESPN with a scoop are drying up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/in-the-shanahans-eyes-john-beck-is-the-washington-redskins-starting-quarterback/2011/08/15/gIQA6Wn5GJ_story.html

What do you guys think? Is this true or just more media annointing Beck without any facts? If this is true, it's pretty surprising after how Rex looked.

z5dQc.png I've never heard Mike, Kyle, Rex or Beck say anything other then its an open competition.

The whole predetermined starter is a complete media fabrication and its contradictory to Mike Shanahan's nature as a coach.

z5dQc.png I've never heard Mike, Kyle, Rex or Beck say anything other then its an open competition.

The whole predetermined starter is a complete media fabrication and its contradictory to Mike Shanahan's nature as a coach.

That's the funniest part about this. Shannahan was asked about quarterbacks. He had ONE signed. Everyone ran with it. Idiots if you ask me.

Yep. And just watch -- if Grossman does win the job, the media is going to kill Shanahan, saying "I guess the genius was wrong about Beck" etc...

Excited to see Beck play. Rex is handicapped because of his reputation. And he should be to an extent. But IMO, the worst and most unlikely thing that can happen is if Beck is clearly outplayed in preseason and still gets the nod.

There's not a single quote in the entire article saying anything substantial. It's another Jason Reid's view on why Mike Shanahan is doing everything wrong article. What a ****** dumb ***. The guy needs to get a new schtick, and a new job he's a moron.

All he says is that Mike already has Beck as the starter and that no matter what happens Beck is his starter and that Mike is dumb for doing it. Well, since Mike hasn't ever said Beck is the starter, or even that Beck is the number one, but instead he's said it's an open competition, and it definitely looks that way since Beck and Grossman have split time with the first team in practice, Mr Reid is jumping to conclusions he has no idea about.

Stupid, just stupid.

EDIT:

And how about this BS "Mike PUSHED for the Beck trade immediately!" We traded away a camp fodder CB, Doug Dutch, who got cut a couple weeks later by the Ravens. WHO THE **** WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THAT TRADE IF THEY KNEW THE CB WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT?! And if I recall correctly, the Ravens were the ones who initiated the trade because they were desperate for a corner.

Archived