Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How do you feel about dreadlocks?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So I take it this is one of your regular fantasies?

:pfft: :evilg: :D

Damnit Jumbo! Don't pull this psychology crap on me and expose my inner fantasies to everyone! ;)

Having dreads is just an excuse for having horrible hygiene.

Cannot disagree with that. I can't handle human beings looking dirty...by choice.

Depends on who's wearing them, and how well they take care of them. I've seen some women who look good with them, though I prefer them to be on the thin side, I'm not really a fan of the thick ones (on women).

As for the dudes, I don't really care to be honest. I've seen some ones that look tight with them, and I've seen some ones that look jacked up. If I were to ever rock dreads however, I'd burn the ends to add some style to them, ala the General...

728370_display_image.jpg?1307552057

I also don't think dudes wear them to "look tougher," that might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard...

Sin, That's been my experience. Usually the guys I see wearing them are some wannabe tough guys. Its just a dumb look. And, seriously, if you were in a position to hire someone, would you hire someone that had dreads, or someone that looked more presentable? And don't give me the BS line..."I'd hire the best person for the job". You know what I'm saying isn't crazy.

I know a lot of guys with dreads, and I actually work with one of them at a marketing firm, though he keeps his pretty neat, and ties them up.

Most of the guys I see wearing them around the area that I live are on the skinny side anyways. It's kind of hard to look tough when you only weigh 130 lbs...

but I have a REALLY good angry face!

Off topic: You like that commercial they are forever showing on NFL Network? The one where the Packer fans are headed to Lambeau and they're playing that corny song? I think its pretty cool. I also like the one with Mooch and Dennis Green. The one where they're doing their fantasy draft.

I voted, on the right people. Some can wear them an it looks good. Others it can just look like trash. Goes for all races. If you can pull it off great, but more than not I see people that need to get rid of em. And some confuse braids for dreads, search engines can be a great friend!

Ok dreads, young-man-with-dreadlocks-thumb10010872.jpg

400_F_1679550_RgdnBL89X3Z5kuYMAydHajt3is23is.jpg

zach-de-la-roche-dreadlocks.jpg]

Braids - stock-photo-happy-young-teen-girl-with-beauty-dreadlocks-showing-thumbs-up-sign-25065460.jpg

Off topic: You like that commercial they are forever showing on NFL Network? The one where the Packer fans are headed to Lambeau and they're playing that corny song? I think its pretty cool. I also like the one with Mooch and Dennis Green. The one where they're doing their fantasy draft.

I don't know that one off the top of my head.

Some people can rock dreads well... A guy who sings in a local band here has dreads which are awesome. Had probably 6 or 7 people come in to the bar tonight rocking dreads, 4 of them looked good... The other 2 were just out of place... It has something to do with the way they're presented. If they're long, tie them in the back with a rubber band, if they're medium rock the do-rag and if their short, a part works well...

The two that came in tonight weren't following these instructions...

I also don't think dudes wear them to "look tougher," that might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard...

I gotta agree with you, there :yes:...I've known and seen a LOT of people with dreads, and I've yet to see any of them and think they were wanting to appear tougher. Hell, 40% of them were in business attire lol :ols:...

Of the inner city guys who I've seen wearing dreads, they are almost always tall and lanky, and are acting like Sanka Coffee from "Cool Runnings" lol...out of their grouup, they're the ones who will hold the door open for you at the gas station. One guy I would see regularly would always smile and say "Alright, alright...how you doin!" :ols:...I just figured he must be high :silly:...

Most guys who want to look tough, from my experience anyway, have their hair really short or shaved, and usually sport some tattoos. They don't bother with dreads, too much work and maintenance.

Archived