Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How do you feel about dreadlocks?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There's no way that many people are ok with dreadlocks. Gotta be some ninja voting or something going on. Or I was right all along. This should have been a private poll. People are voting differently because they don't want to offend anyone.

This is the internet, Bubble. It's a magical place where people generally don't give a **** about offending other people, especially with something so trivial as this. There is no incentive to lie.

People are voting differently because they don't want to offend anyone.

Who would they offend? Are they afraid that Chris Horton might see this thread and be so upset that he'll go to their house and strangle them with one of the locks? Are they afraid that Whoopi Goldberg might see this and then feel the need to give her dreads better PR by starring in a sequel to Sister Act?

There's nothing wrong with being in the minority viewpoint (which you are right now). Having a different view doesn't make somebody a liar, especially on something as mundane as, "How do you feel about dreadlocks?"

I don't get why anyone would hate them. I loved having dreads. There are days when I wish I still had them. Dreads are very difficult to maintain and when they got to about 2 feet long, I needed help maintaining them.

There's a lot of misinformation out there about dreads. People think you can't wash them. I think that's completely disgusting and there's a lot of people who don't wash theirs. (Dirty ass, free lovin, minimalist hippies.) I washed mine frequently b/c I'm not some dirtball. They took forever to dry though and when the dreads were wet, they were heavy. It would pull hard on the hair roots and that's one of the few things that made me not want them but you get used to it.

After I cut them, I realized my body had compensated for them in a few ways. For one, once the weight was gone from my head, my neck was messed up. It had become accustomed to the weight in the back so it countered it to the front. For about 2 days, when I'd look down, my chin would drop. lol! Not fun at all. Also, all the dreads were usually in a ponytail right down my spine. Once the dreads were gone, the middle of my back would shiver most of the day. My body was used to getting that extra insulation of heat from the dreads. Think about it, it's like having a thick wool sweater down your spine.

Anyway... wish I had em still in the winter. In the summertime... not so much.

I'm sure this is a minority opinion but any kind of long hair on a dude looks pretty feminine.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. Its just not dreads that I think are feminine and hideous. Can't stand seeing long hair on a guy. Its girlish. And unless you're someone like Clay Matthews, you can't get away with it.

Archived