Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Olympic dreams dashed after unfortunate in-flight incident

Tulane Skins Fan

An Olympic hopeful accused of urinating on a sleeping 11-year-old girl during a cross-country flight has been kicked off the US Ski Team's development squad, the New York Post reports.

Robert "Sandy" Vietze, 18, was aboard JetBlue Flight 166 from Portland, Ore., to New York's John F. Kennedy airport on Tuesday when he stumbled down the aisle to use the toilet. However, he didn’t quite make it all the way to the lavatory and instead emptied his bladder on a sleeping 11-year-old girl.

"I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," Vietze, who told authorities that he had consumed eight drinks, was quoted as saying in the Post.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/12/7355583-olympic-dreams-dashed-after-unfortunate-in-flight-incident

He peed on a sleeping 11-year old girl???? "Unfortunate in-flight incident" is putting it waaaay too mildly.

Definitely not defending the guy, but that quote is all up to interpretation. You might read "peed on a sleeping 11 year old girl" and imagine a man standing over her and just letting it rip, when in fact it looks like the real story was he peed himself in the isle and some of it got on the girl. Regardless, it was stupid and it's unfortunate he just cost himself an Olympic spot.

He peed on a sleeping 11-year old girl???? "Unfortunate in-flight incident" is putting it waaaay too mildly.

Agreed completely. I was expecting something like he was confused for someone else, had a panic attack, or got caught with hand sanitizer in his carry on bag and was arrested by security. Getting drunk and peeing on a child is no small incident.

Agreed completely. I was expecting something like he was confused for someone else, had a panic attack, or got caught with hand sanitizer in his carry on bag and was arrested by security. Getting drunk and peeing on a child is no small incident.

Wait, was he so drunk that he actually unzipped and started pissing down the aisle, including on the girl's leg?

If you're caught pissing in back alley after closing time at the bar, you're technically a sex offender in some states. I think this guy potentially faces a lot more trouble than just not making the olypmic team.

An Olympic hopeful accused of urinating on a sleeping 11-year-old girl during a cross-country flight has been kicked off the US Ski Team's development squad, the New York Post reports.

Robert "Sandy" Vietze, 18, was aboard JetBlue Flight 166 from Portland, Ore., to New York's John F. Kennedy airport on Tuesday when he stumbled down the aisle to use the toilet. However, he didn’t quite make it all the way to the lavatory and instead emptied his bladder on a sleeping 11-year-old girl.

"I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," Vietze, who told authorities that he had consumed eight drinks, was quoted as saying in the Post.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/12/7355583-olympic-dreams-dashed-after-unfortunate-in-flight-incident

Sorry, but it's hard for me to find sympathy for this guy. Don't go around peeing on sleeping little girls if you don't want to get booted off Olympic teams.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 04:54 PM ----------

Definitely not defending the guy, but that quote is all up to interpretation. You might read "peed on a sleeping 11 year old girl" and imagine a man standing over her and just letting it rip, when in fact it looks like the real story was he peed himself in the isle and some of it got on the girl. Regardless, it was stupid and it's unfortunate he just cost himself an Olympic spot.

Hmm, well, I dunno -- it sound as if there is more to the story than that, as in he let 'er rip, thinking he was peeing in a corner of the plane or something. Desperate drunk people do crazy things when they have to take a leak.

I've seen drunk people "wake up" and pee all over the place thinking it was a bathroom. Honestly, I was at Jazzfest one year with my friend and we were in the same hotel room. In the middle of the night, he got up, walked over to the corner of the room, lifted his suitcase up like it was the lid to the toilet and peed right into his suitcase. Then put the lid down and went back to bed. Yes, it was his suitcase not mine.

My take is the guy got drunk, passed out, "woke up" walked to what he thought was the bathroom, but what was actually a row of chairs which happened to have a little girl sitting on the aisle. And then he peed all over her.

Wait, was he so drunk that he actually unzipped and started pissing down the aisle, including on the girl's leg?

Yea, in order to pee on a girl, you have to have your pants dropped, or zipper down, in which case the charges are fully warranted, obviously.

Without the above scenarios, the urine just accumulates on the clothing, and does not penetrate, and become a sex crime.

Doesn't surprise me an Olympic hopeful and/or athlete would do this. For the most part, IMO, at least from my personal observations, they are total self-serving, developmentally delayed party animals (which is weird to me since they are trying to maintain an elite level of conditioning).

Since I am very familiar with the USA wrestling program, I can tell you that pretty much every trip, national or international, the wrestlers are on, they get out of control and sometimes trash their hotel rooms. In my house alone, I've had Olympic hopefuls and actual Olympians puke in my guest bedroom ruining my comforter, put 2 separate holes in downstairs walls, destroy my laptop, and bring over pot to smoke at our bbq's (because many of the athletes have their MMJ cards) just to have me flip out on them for being freaking idiots.

Yay. Go USA.

As you can tell, I'm a bit jaded about the Olympic culture that promotes delayed adolescence and an eternal Never Neverland-type lifestyle. One of the other OTC athlete's girlfriends and I were just talking about this the other day and how the wives and girlfriends need a support group or something. Overall, I'm not very impressed with this Olympic stuff...

Hope this idiot learns his lesson. Wonder who served him the drinks...?

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Don't really want this behavior to represent the U.S.

Unfortunately, it already does. Most of the public doesn't hear or know about it though.

Archived