Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins the most embarrassing team in the NFL?

P90Xpert

Last season the Redskins were ONE of the embarrassing teams in the NFL but it's no need to dwell on that cause that was LAST season so far so good usually threads like this would start around week 8 way way way way way to early I'm still happy about the lock out being over.

Bring Shame on "YOUR" team?

So you logged into a Redskins Fan site and then ask the fans if they think 'Their' team is the most embarassing.

Say you could care less what "we" think.

And you are not even invested in the outcome due to you being a fan of another team.

That son, is the definition of troll.

I'm not too worried about what teams are more disfunctional: I would nominate the Dallas Cowboys though:

They were picked to win the Superbowl by many.

They have on paper what could be top 3 for the most talent in the NFC

They picked before the Redskins last year in the draft due to tiebreakers.

= more fail

We shall see what happens this year.

I also thought you accidentally posted as someone else replying about what you wrote but i could have just read it wrong.

What a positive and uplifting piece! :ols:

People are not taking playoffs. You use the Raiders as an example of a team that is getting their act together? So they started to pull it together last season and what do they do? They fire Cable and have let key free agents walk away this offseason.

Yeah I thought that was a funny example because that was our front office way of doing business 2 years ago, I guess change isn't for everyone is Jason Campbell still there QB (LOL at getting there act together)

This is the problem with extremeskins. Anytime someone expresses an opinion that leans to the negative and ask others to actually stop and think about something instead of contributing to the thread with actual thought provoking discussion, we get "you're a troll."

based on a whopping 4 months of vast board experience with a huge 8 post contribution. Troll

This is the problem with extremeskins. Anytime someone expresses an opinion that leans to the negative and ask others to actually stop and think about something instead of contributing to the thread with actual thought provoking discussion, we get "you're a troll."

I'll try my hand at it

I can think of several teams more "embarrassing" then us

Jacksonville - They were rewarded a franchise before the team was replaced in Baltimore. Sure they got off to a hot start but since they they have been terrible. They can't sell out to the fanbase, they are constantly locked out, they are misguided as far as personnel and team building, and are likely not going to stay in that area or make it through 20 years there. To me that's embarrassing

Cincinnati - See the post by SkinsFanRicky

Eagles - All that talent and hype over the past decade and what do they have to show for it? Some NFC East titles and a lost Superbowl. Sorry but to me I'd rather have no expectation then to go year after year with extremely disappointing seasons. We have 3 championships. What do they have? A dog killing convict QB, a fat walrus of a man as a head coach who looks like at any given time he could have a heart attack and die and reminds me of the SNL skit "Da Bears", and an empty trophy case.

Buffalo - What other teams been so high on top the mountain and fallen so far lately they have to go to another country to play games just so they can make a few bucks? In less then 20 years they've been a franchise team in 4 superbowls to bottom feeder with it looking highly unlikely they will ever get back to the promised land. And they are the second most likely team to move because they can't get fan interest

Raiders - Besides the idiotic "he's fast draft him" method of team building they employ these are the Raiders. A once proud franchise who always feel as if they wandered away from home and can't find the way back. The fans of this team are so badly behaved they had to outlaw wearing the teams clothing in schools across America. With the recent rise of violence in sports we can all look at the Silver and Black and know they started that mess. Oh and did I mention they have Skeltor from He-man fame as the owner? Take a 2 minute look at the man and tell me you don't want to puke. And after the recent labor strife that had the NFL locked out when it came time for agreeing and coming to terms in the labor deal which team didn't sign off and approve the deal? These guys.

Cardinals - Arizona by way of Phoenix by way of St Louis by way of Chicago...My heads spinning and they still don't have a single Superbowl title. Oh and hows about that great QB trade they just pulled off? Sure like them to overspend and get ripped off. In there 113 years of existence since the 1948 championship they've only won four division titles (1974, 1975, 2008, and 2009). And you thought we were bad?

I could go on and on but fact is we are hardly the most "embarrassing" team in the NFL today.

Clever indeed...What a waste
And of course thank you sir for your insight.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 07:00 AM ----------

Yet another winner...LOSER

Very much so my idiot friend, but why post without answering the question...
nothing about this offseason has been embarassing sorry...

Wrong Cj, fans reactions have been embarassing. As this team indeed is moving forward from the embarassing actions of the Sndyeratto era by making good sound football moves, the fans who fail to acknowledge that are embarassing. This poster is the eptiome of that "fan".

OMG!!! Someone actually responded to the post...Nice...very valid points...For everyone else why waste your time to respond only to not answer the question...Just let the thread die and move onto better things...Sorry I forgotten this board isn't much for thought provoking anymore...One scathing retort after another with no regard to what the thread was about.

I'll try my hand at it

I can think of several teams more "embarrassing" then us

Jacksonville - They were rewarded a franchise before the team was replaced in Baltimore. Sure they got off to a hot start but since they they have been terrible. They can't sell out to the fanbase, they are constantly locked out, they are misguided as far as personnel and team building, and are likely not going to stay in that area or make it through 20 years there. To me that's embarrassing

Cincinnati - See the post by SkinsFanRicky

Eagles - All that talent and hype over the past decade and what do they have to show for it? Some NFC East titles and a lost Superbowl. Sorry but to me I'd rather have no expectation then to go year after year with extremely disappointing seasons. We have 3 championships. What do they have? A dog killing convict QB, a fat walrus of a man as a head coach who looks like at any given time he could have a heart attack and die and reminds me of the SNL skit "Da Bears", and an empty trophy case.

Buffalo - What other teams been so high on top the mountain and fallen so far lately they have to go to another country to play games just so they can make a few bucks? In less then 20 years they've been a franchise team in 4 superbowls to bottom feeder with it looking highly unlikely they will ever get back to the promised land. And they are the second most likely team to move because they can't get fan interest

Raiders - Besides the idiotic "he's fast draft him" method of team building they employ these are the Raiders. A once proud franchise who always feel as if they wandered away from home and can't find the way back. The fans of this team are so badly behaved they had to outlaw wearing the teams clothing in schools across America. With the recent rise of violence in sports we can all look at the Silver and Black and know they started that mess. Oh and did I mention they have Skeltor from He-man fame as the owner? Take a 2 minute look at the man and tell me you don't want to puke. And after the recent labor strife that had the NFL locked out when it came time for agreeing and coming to terms in the labor deal which team didn't sign off and approve the deal? These guys.

I could go on and on but fact is we are hardly the most "embarrassing" team in the NFL today.

In all fairness, this is a Redskins fan board. So, anyone coming out as negative as your initial post was is asking for the undo attention. Hence the troll calling. Pretty sure every redskin fan worth his/her salt no's how bad our team has been lately, but to have another person slam them... on our own fan site is begging for someone to get mad. Heck, we can just watch all the media outlets and hear the same thing you posted, ad naseum. We all know our team has been pretty embarassing past few years. Most of us rather try to look to the sunnier side of things though instead of dwelling on the negative.

Well put. In response to the OP, Carolina, Cinci, and Oakland are in a lot more disarray than the Redskins.

Google it......

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/5/21/2181728/the-top-10-most-disappointing-nfl-teams-of-the-2000s

1.2003 Oakland Raiders

2.2002 St. Louis Rams

3.1999 San Francisco 49ers

4.2010 Minnesota Vikings

5.1995 Miami Dolphins

6.2001 Tennessee Titans

7.2006 Seattle Seahawks

8.2009 New York Giants

9.1996 New York Jets

10.1995 Cleveland Browns

and the number one return on that google search......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/270609-dallas-cowboys-the-most-embarrassing-franchise-in-the-nfl

This from 2009, just two years ago, and how did last year work out for them? Hosting the SuperBowl with all that talent already on hand?

All of which can lead to one inescapable conclusion.

The Dallas Cowboys are the most embarrassing franchise in the NFL.

The impetus for this statement came while I was in a somewhat packed watering hole Sunday, the only place I could view the later afternoon games without having to (A) be forced to watch the pathetic local drivel being shoveled thanks to NFL broadcast rules, and (B) view the games without having to be bound and gagged by the fiscal extortion of buying the entire season via satellite in order to view only the really important and interesting games.

Down the field streaks Miles Austin with the game-winning touchdown in OT against Kansas City, and the previously moribund Dallas fans in attendance celebrated as if the recipient of one free beer at the new Texas Stadium, which in some portions of the Lone Star State is worth the same as six months mortgage.

That’s when I noticed one member of the faithful, wearing Cowboys colors and just another dozen serving of fried pickles away from the next triple-bypass, parade around the establishment screaming not words of praise for his team.

Rather a continuous chorus of “F--- YOU” to anyone within spitting distance, accompanied by both middle fingers raised aloft to punctuate a dance soon to be banned faster than the Lambada.

This beer soaked simpleton, and plenty of his conspirators, were giddy and face-shoving those IQ point fingers celebrating a victory.

OMG!!! Someone actually responded to the post...Nice...very valid points...For everyone else why waste your time to respond only to not answer the question...Just let the thread die and move onto better things...Sorry I forgotten this board isn't much for thought provoking anymore...One scathing retort after another with no regard to what the thread was about.

Thought provoking? Is this what you consider thought provoking? Your OP can basically sumarized as... The Redskins suck and are barnone the most embarrassing organization in the NFL. Can anyone think of any team worse?

You provided no statistics, no compelling logic... I guess you did name drop a bit, but basically you just screamed, "You suck" and now are sniffing how you aren't getting a high caliber discussion. My suggestion is that you contribute something to your own thread.

I think one of the more surprising stats is that the Redskins and the Cowboys have exactly the same number of playoff victories over the last fifteen years. That's pretty embarrassing right there for a team that is year in/year out touted as a Superbowl team. Jacksonville, Cinci, Oakland, Miami, Cleveland and a few of the others mentioned are also on the bottom of the pile.

Thought provoking? Is this what you consider thought provoking? Your OP can basically sumarized as... The Redskins suck and are barnone the most embarrassing organization in the NFL. Can anyone think of any team worse?

You provided no statistics, no compelling logic... I guess you did name drop a bit, but basically you just screamed, "You suck" and now are sniffing how you aren't getting a high caliber discussion. My suggestion is that you contribute something to your own thread.

I think one of the more surprising stats is that the Redskins and the Cowboys have exactly the same number of playoff victories over the last fifteen years. That's pretty embarrassing right there for a team that is year in/year out touted as a Superbowl team. Jacksonville, Cinci, Oakland, Miami, Cleveland and a few of the others mentioned are also on the bottom of the pile.

Great points. I agree for all the hype year in and year out, the stadium debacle, RomoFail it is easy to conclude that the Cowboys are indeed the most embarassing NFL team.

****ing Mondays. Damn.
Wrong Cj, fans reactions have been embarassing. As this team indeed is moving forward from the embarassing actions of the Sndyeratto era by making good sound football moves, the fans who fail to acknowledge that are embarassing. This poster is the eptiome of that "fan".

No matter how crass the trollage, we always get some feedback that makes these threads worthwhile. Now if we could just get a witty, snarky, eye-catching new title for the thread :ols:

to the OP. I think you should just relax a bit.

As others have said. Jacksonville, Cinci, Oakland and the Bills have been worse and dysfunctional for a much longer period of time. Carolina has not done anything since that one year they went to the Superbowl.

I question just how much knowledge or experience you have with football in general and this team in particular when you make statements like.

"WOW!!! Mike Shanahan and his boy set the bar on how to bring shame and despair to your team and its locker room. Ruling with an iron fist results in disaster, ask the former Soviet Union."

You do realize the inmates had been running the asylum and there was no discipline? You do realize that for any endeavor, discipline is required in order to be successful?

This diminished reputation by your friends means slightly less than the bug that hit my windshield while driving down the road yesterday. General managers and coaches are taking notice that this team has gotten younger, rid themselves of malcontents and have managed cap flexibility for future growth.

This same Raiders team that supposedly is heading in the right direction, fired their coach, and lost a talented corner. They have very little cap flexibility and no true discernable direction. Yea right, they are getting it together.

Cerratto has been gone, Snyder has stepped back and the team is being run by people that know football and contract management. Since Mike and Bruce came aboard, they have totally divested themselves of those Vinny signings.

If you actually watched this team last year you would have seen this team played with much more discipline, heart and tenacity. These guys gave a damn, and worked to improve each and every day. ( that's called discipline)

Now if you can actually quantify with something from football minds in regards to THIS REGIME, I might take what you say serious. But so far, you just look mis-informed, bitter or baiting

I can understand this post being made two years ago when Vinny Cerrato was GM... but not today.

What, you want us to throw four draft picks at a team to grab a QB just so we can convince ourselves that maybe we have a shot at the Super Bowl?

The team has been blown up. Veterans have been released. New and young players have been brought in.

WE ARE REBUILDING. PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER!

If we really suck as badly as you think we will this year with Beck and Rex, well then... are you going to be crying if that means we draft Andrew Luck?

PATIENCE...

Our owner on how the team's approach has changed,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/dan-snyder-pleased-with-redskins-direction/2011/08/07/gIQAxKdg1I_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

The trip came on the heels of a frenzied period of Redskins transactions. While the series of moves might seem to be a philosophical departure from recent Redskins teams, Snyder says he certainly approves of the franchise’s approach.

“I think we’re doing well. I’m proud of the work that Mike [shanahan] and Bruce [Allen] have done,” he said. “I’m looking forward to getting going with the season.”

The Redskins didn’t chase the high-priced free agents this time around. Instead, they focused on key areas of need and filled those spots with younger free agents. There was a whirlwind of roster moves, and Snyder mostly watched from afar. At the front lines were Eric Schaffer, the team’s vice president of football administration, who spent about 90 straight hours at Redskins Park negotiating deals and drafting contracts, and general manager Allen.

And you think Snyder reads ES? The fan revolt raged here for three or four years before ShanAllen took over the team last year.

I find it amusing that for years the media ripped us and the fans stood up for the team no matter how difficult or delusional it was. Now, the media is full of articles about rebuilding the right way and quiet patience, but the fans are frothing at the mouth, falling all over themselves to bash the team (think "tank" here).

Reality is funnier than anything comedians can imagine.

The OP reminds me of "captain obvious", who went to sleep for about 2 years and then woke up and wrote a post from what he remembered last.

Look there is no question that there were many moments in the past it was tough to be a fan of this team.

But when Dan cleared house a couple of years ago, it seems that he has hired really good people, and given them the power to run the team.

I like the moves they have made, getting much younger and addressing the needs of the team. It will be fun to watch the new guys play.

The OP reminds me of "captain obvious", who went to sleep for about 2 years and then woke up and wrote a post from what he remembered last.

Or one of those people that post in an old bumped thread without noting the date

My biggest problem with the last 8 years, including Gibbs, is that the future QB is still not on this team. Its embarassing that we have to root for Grossman/Beck but most of us will out of love for the team.

I dont even really see that much hope for the next few years as this is year 2 of Shannahan and no QB... if he brings in a young QB next year, then he sits a year and if he is any good he breaks out in what? 2014??

Because: NO QB... NO serious contenders.

Contenders dont have Todd Collins or Mark Brunell as QB's, no matter how good the defense is.

Its depressing as hell and I have to agree, to the rest of the NFL world, the Skins are down there with Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, etc...

My biggest problem with the last 8 years, including Gibbs, is that the future QB is still not on this team...

This is a problem. I think Gibbs tried to address it with Campbell, before that we tried to address it with Ramsey, and then Ferrotte/Shuler. The problem is we just haven't struck gold... or even silver. This year, I don't mind not taking that rookie qb because a rookie qb more than any other position needs to be protected and if we drafted a qb with the line, receivers, and runners we have we'd likely wind up with another shellshocked Ramsey or David Carr and so are good QB would become a flop.

In addition, with no OTAs and such a brief training camp, rookie Qbs would be even a worse situation than normal. Talk about just jumping into the pool.

So, hold your nose and next year unless we're all really surprised, we'll have a solid enough foundation to put a qb into.

Archived