Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins the most embarrassing team in the NFL?

P90Xpert

This guy's other thread was all about how everyone made McNabb the scapegoat for our team's problems (even though most people didnt) My guess is that he is an Eagles fan that followed McNabb to DC and is upset that many of us dont want him here.

Yeah I read his other thread, too. Riveting stuff.

This team (and its fans) is displaying the classic stages of group development: forming, storming, norming, and performing. We're well past the forming stage. During the storming stage (which we're at the tail end of), the group is resistant to change and authority. Some different styles are put to the test, but this the only way to find what works.

I believe we're moving out of the storming phase and into the norming. We've gotten rid of the dead weight and everyone is starting to buy into the philosophy (players and fans included.) Performing is only a matter of time now.

The manner in which the OP asked the question may have been inflammatory, but there is some legitimacy to his claim. This organization has become a huge embarrassment under Daniel Snyder. We are ranked among teams like the Raiders, Browns, and Bengals as the worst organization in the league. I don't know if we are that bad, but we are an embarrassment! We are nothing like we were 20 years ago, there is no resemblance. This team is not respected throughout the league. We are a laughing stock in the media and NFL as a whole.

Do I believe we are headed in the right direction? Absolutely, but between the Hanyesworth debacle and the McNabb failure, Shanahan is not in the clear just yet. But we are not respected in the NFL and rightfully so. Snyder has destroyed a once great organization's reputation even if he has kept the value of the team. Hopefully he has seen the error in his ways and will allow the football minds to steer this ship back to respectability, but as it stands, we are not respected, embarrassing.

I sure hope this is you being sarcastic, because you are assuming I agree with the OP, but that is furthest from the truth.. I never said I agreed with him. I said how many wins will it take for the general public to NOT see the Redskins as a joke.

go back and read the rest.

Sorry. That was meant for P90Xpert. It's fixed now.

I wrote this not because I give a damn what you people think of my opinions but to see if you could come up with a team in the NFL that is in a state of more dysfunction and mediocrity than Washington and to make it more impressive not just the whom but the how.

I put Washington in the same category as the Bengals, Browns, Lions, and Jaguars. In what order one wants to rank them to me is irrelevant. Washington has accomplished less than every team in the NFL except those 4 in the past 15 years or so.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

I'll repeat:

The threadstarter has only just joined ES in April...and has started a grand total of two threads, both of which are slams at how pathetic he feels the Redskins are. Half of his 8 total posts are calling ES members "idiots" in one form or another. Don't you think that's enough reason to roll your eyes at this "fan's" opinion of the Redskins?

No. Why should it be? It he proclaimed the sky to be blue and called others fools for suggesting he's an idiot for saying the sky blue...would you roll your eyes at that too?

Watching blow hard Colin Herd on Sports Nation...I know! I know! He's a dick! But he has 2 shows on ESPN so he has some following nationwide in the sports world whether we like him or not. And I don't!

But they just held a poll that asked if the Redskins will be the worst team in the NFL. 45% said yes. 45%!

to the OP. I think you should just relax a bit.

As others have said. Jacksonville, Cinci, Oakland and the Bills have been worse and dysfunctional for a much longer period of time. Carolina has not done anything since that one year they went to the Superbowl.

ha, do you realize how dumb this sounds? It basically reads "hey we're not the most embarrassing team in NFL, we're only the 5th most embarrassing team in the NFL"

All of which is subjective, of course. Let me say it this way...I dont CARE if Oakland is more embarrassing that Washington or vice versa or whatever pointless list you want to come up with.

To me, these few handful of teams are ALL embarrassing. And that's all that matters. All that matters is Washington belongs on that short list of embarrassing NFL teams.

General managers and coaches are taking notice that this team has gotten younger, rid themselves of malcontents and have managed cap flexibility for future growth.

Ha! GM's could give a crap about what Washington is doing. They're are a current non factor in the NFL. And if they were "taking notice"????? Uhh.........so..................they're taking notice. Great whoopdie do. Hey everybody this poster on the internet claims he knows GM's are "taking notice" of Washington. Gee. Great. Whoopdie do.

Cerratto has been gone, Snyder has stepped back and the team is being run by people that know football and contract management.

And to that I ask for how long. Snyder has "stepped back" huh? You know this because your his wife, right? Assuming he has, for how long will he step back. Cerrato is gone. You know what....the very fact that it took this owner basically a DECADE to figure out to get rid of him is actually BAD NEWS for Washington.

Because let me say this: coaches and GMs and players are all but a bunch of temporary employees. For every team. Especially in Washington. The only permanent employee is the owner. And this is simply just my opinion....he sucks.

Since Mike and Bruce came aboard, they have totally divested themselves of those Vinny signings.

And picked up right where Vinny left off by trading a 2nd round draft pick for a 33 year old QB who is already gone. HA! What a joke!

Now if you can actually quantify with something from football minds in regards to THIS REGIME, I might take what you say serious. But so far, you just look mis-informed, bitter or baiting

your ultimately judged by your record in the NFL. They sucked last year. They'll be under .500 this year, I think even the homer fans like you would agree.

Watching blow hard Colin Herd on Sports Nation...I know! I know! He's a dick! But he has 2 shows on ESPN so he has some following nationwide in the sports world whether we like him or not. And I don't!

But they just held a poll that asked if the Redskins will be the worst team in the NFL. 45% said yes. 45%!

So 45% of the momos that listen to that dreck don't have a clue? I would have guessed higher..........

ha, do you realize how dumb this sounds? It basically reads "hey we're not the most embarrassing team in NFL, we're only the 5th most embarrassing team in the NFL"

All of which is subjective, of course. Let me say it this way...I dont CARE if Oakland is more embarrassing that Washington or vice versa or whatever pointless list you want to come up with.

To me, these few handful of teams are ALL embarrassing. And that's all that matters. All that matters is Washington belongs on that short list of embarrassing NFL teams.

Ha! GM's could give a crap about what Washington is doing. They're are a current non factor in the NFL. And if they were "taking notice"????? Uhh.........so..................they're taking notice. Great whoopdie do. Hey everybody this poster on the internet claims he knows GM's are "taking notice" of Washington. Gee. Great. Whoopdie do.

And to that I ask for how long. Snyder has "stepped back" huh? You know this because your his wife, right? Assuming he has, for how long will he step back. Cerrato is gone. You know what....the very fact that it took this owner basically a DECADE to figure out to get rid of him is actually BAD NEWS for Washington.

Because let me say this: coaches and GMs and players are all but a bunch of temporary employees. For every team. Especially in Washington. The only permanent employee is the owner. And this is simply just my opinion....he sucks.

And picked up right where Vinny left off by trading a 2nd round draft pick for a 33 year old QB who is already gone. HA! What a joke!

your ultimately judged by your record in the NFL. They sucked last year. They'll be under .500 this year, I think even the homer fans like you would agree.

the original question concerned "the most". it was answered. you need to work on you reading comprehension before you troll this site buddy.

where does dallass fall in your opinion? being from nj im assuming your team is the eagles, correct?

IWe went 6-10 last year. How many of those did we lose by 3 pts? 7 pts?

Irrelevant. Lots of teams lose lots of games by a few points. That's what the NFL is. Washington has been doing that for years. And they've been bad for years minus two Decembers in 2005 and 2007. Its clearly not an indication of anything.

I can also argue that they were close to 0-16 than 16-0. Why is it fair to only argue that way and not mention that in their 6 wins, they were pretty damn lucky.

It was Shanny's first year with the team last year. Give him a year to evaluate the current roster. (Which he did, and began cleaning house and bringing in new talent.) This year will basically be the groundworks of the team, laying that foundation to build on. The next couple of years should begin showing the fruits of his labors.... (in theory, and which i believe, cause i have HOPE).

Denver waited a decade for him to win post-Elway. It never came.

If the skins are truly your team then I'd challenge you to reign in your "woe unto us" attitude and hold onto the HOPE. It's a new season. Look for the growth in the team.

there is none. they have to prove that on the field first.

We are basically fielding a whole new team. Root for us.... we are the underdogs. Pull for our QB with no experience. It CAN happen. That the joy of football. Experiencing the unexpected. Lord knows our team is do for a good break.

this is what homer fans are reduced to. They know the team sucks in comparison to many other teams. So now they're playing the only card they have left. The "hope" card. Well, I got bad news for you buddy. Hope gets crushed by reality all the time.

Have faith my friend. If you just posting to get a rise out of people then shame on ya. If you truly are as frustrated as I know alot of us have been and you are just venting then, as a fan to another fan, Cheers!!! It can only get better..... at some point!

not neccessarily. washington has been mediocre to bad for over a decade. they have proven that they can be consistently bad for a long period of time, currently still going on. they have no QB and have constant change. I do not trust the organization to keep the same coach and GM in place for more than 3-4 years. there;ll be massive change again and they wont win.

prove me wrong.....but only one way will i listen......on the field.

So 45% of the that listen to that dreck don't have a clue? I would have guessed higher..........

:ols:

I was afraid to post that because, well...it is that dreck. But is does show the lack of respect nationwide.

:ols:

I was afraid to post that because, well...it is that dreck. But is does show the lack of respect nationwide.

I get that, and while I don't give a hairy rat's ass what the national opinion of the Skins is it bothers me that the % here is roughly the same. It is weird, interesting and disappointing all at the same time to see the team finally shaking that bugeyed monkey off its back and making positive strides while the fanbase is pissing their diapers worse than ever.

I get that, and while I don't give a hairy rat's ass what the national opinion of the Skins is it bothers me that the % here is roughly the same. It is weird, interesting and disappointing all at the same time to see the team finally shaking that bugeyed monkey off its back and making positive strides while the fanbase is pissing their diapers worse than ever.

i agree. the team actually appears headed in the right direction, but you wouldnt know it by talking to alot of the fans.

i agree. the team actually appears headed in the right direction, but you wouldnt know it by talking to alot of the fans.

Some days you just have to remind yourself that a fan can just be a mindless object that blows air :ols:

the original question concerned "the most". it was answered. you need to work on you reading comprehension before you troll this site buddy.

where does dallass fall in your opinion? being from nj im assuming your team is the eagles, correct?

It's a jersey thing.

GET ON MY LEVEL!!!

Do you know what I find funny and ironic? Other teams do exist in the NFL that have failed throughout their entire history yet the Redskins will be the team that will get pocked fun at by fanbases representing teams that are worth the bottom of my shoe, so as far as i'm concerned it's just another day. If you want to whine and cry in result of this fanbase standing up showing strength then you should have picked on the Lions, Bengals, Raiders, or teams in that nature instead of this one.

Who's talking playoffs? We have more threads about a disastrous season leading to us finally landing a franchise qb than we do playoffs. In fact, I don't recall reading any playoff predictions. I think that is why everyone believes you are a troll. Your posts and your accusations have nothing to do with reality or at least the reality expressed on this board.

The fact of the matter is that getting rid of Vinny, Haynesworth, and McNabb are some of the first truly professional steps this team has taken since Gibbs left. Anywho, you put a lot of work into that rant. Hope you get what you wanted out of it.

I was thinking the same thing. What board is the OP trolling that they are talking paloffs for the Redskins? Certainly not this one. I think this board, as a whole, has been rather pleasant (moreso than usual) because we all (well, most of us) see that this organization is finally acting like an NFL team rather than a Fantasy Football team. Anyone talking paloffs has allowed that feeling of "going in the right direction" to take it's own life. Paloffs certainly isn't now!

As for the question posed by the OP, you are right in saying that we have been a disaster for the last 2 decades. We've had a couple of ok seasons, but for the mostpart, the FO has turned a once respecatable football franchise into a laughing stock. I do NOT believe we are still going that direction & Shanahan, Allen, & Snyder are doing the right things to change the culture of Washington football, which was more needed than anything else. Are we the most embarrassing team in the League? I doubt that. The Raiders, the Bengals, even the Chargers I think would beat us out for that title. But we have gotten pretty close.

I can also argue that they were close to 0-16 than 16-0. Why is it fair to only argue that way and not mention that in their 6 wins, they were pretty damn lucky.

No one on here says that we weren't lucky in those wins. If you were on here long enough, and didn't come in here with guns ablaze, you might've learned that first.

Denver waited a decade for him to win post-Elway. It never came.

Sometimes a coach revitalizes his career elsewhere. Let's find out. As you are making so clearly evident, what do we have to lose?

there is none. they have to prove that on the field first.

this is what homer fans are reduced to. They know the team sucks in comparison to many other teams. So now they're playing the only card they have left. The "hope" card. Well, I got bad news for you buddy. Hope gets crushed by reality all the time.

And what do you suggest we do, then? Grab our pitchforks and raid Redskins park? Having hope is our JOB as fans. It's the only job fans have! Even in successful markets like New England or Pittsburgh. So how are "homer" fans "reduced" to that level? As if we can actually change what Mike Shanahan does. You're an idiot.

Oh, and by the way, fans like you used to be able to influence change in this franchise. Their names were Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato.

not neccessarily. washington has been mediocre to bad for over a decade. they have proven that they can be consistently bad for a long period of time, currently still going on. they have no QB and have constant change. I do not trust the organization to keep the same coach and GM in place for more than 3-4 years. there;ll be massive change again and they wont win.

Can your crystal ball give me some insight into the winning powerball numbers?

If you are a fan, then you are experiencing what I'm calling a "Snyderrato Hangover." Once again, once you've seen improvement from this team, I challenge you to be man enough to dig this thread up a few months down the road and give us your new take.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Anyone else suspect the OP created a new screen name (bootycall) in order to defend himself?

:yes:

Ok, I swear you act just like a new incarnation of the OP just with a new screen name. let's go over this again. Just maybe you can try to understand.

As to the first statement:

It's not dumb at all. It's the truth. All those team have been dysfunctional and worse for a longer period of time. Nowhere in that statement did I commit a falsehood. And as to being embarrassing, it's just a freaking past time for me. Something I take time out of my day to follow because I enjoy it. If I were embarrassed, logic precludes I would not do it.

As to the second statement:

GM's do take notice what Washington is doing. They take note of what EVERY TEAM DOES. That is why they are a GM. Nice juvenilistic response though.

As to your third statement: He has stepped away and allowed others with football knowledge run the show. Not sure why you brought his wife into the conversation. Surely your reaching with neanderthallic responses such as that.

As to the fourth statement: They made a gamble I would not have made, but realized it quickly and set to rectify the matter. Are you saying they should have stuck it out even though it was patently obvious it was not a good fit? I think your reaching and being aggressive because the anonymity of the net. ( or your the OP in another screen name)

As to the fifth statement. This is actually the most lucid comment you made. congratulations. They most likely will be under 500 this season. But they are in the midst of a rebuild. I do expect they will be a better team than they were last season though.

I for one am not embarrassed to be a fan. I wear Redskins shirts to work all the time (polo shirts that is). Where I work I see a lot of new people all the time - my shirts almost always get some kind of comment; and the comments are rarely negative, even in the Philly area.

I'm not proud of a lot of the stuff that's gone on, and I'm disappointed in our collective record these many years. But I'm not embarrassed.

Jesus,we hear it from the media talking heads,I hear it at work,on the radio.....

Yes i know we are not a good team.We had an owner who acted like it was fantasy football or somethin.I know this.

I know we're rebuilding.(again) because of the aforementioned sentence right above.

I also know that we probably wont have that good of a season this year.Continuity takes time.Not 3 weeks.Not 1 season.

Our QB's are skeptical.

TELL US SOMETHIN WE DONT ALREADY KNOW.

But guess what you dont know....you ready for this......

I AM PROUD AS HELL TO BE A REDSKINS FAITHFUL.I FLY MY BURGUNDY AND GOLD PROUDLY.WIN OR LOSE!!!!!

If you wanna jump ship just before we get underway then ****ing leave.

Archived