Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins the most embarrassing team in the NFL?

P90Xpert

The Redskins haven't had a serious team in contention for a span nearing two decades. We hired Jim Zorn to be a Head Coach. Our Free Agency Flops accompanying by monstrous spending with no return on investment is appalling. Either John Beck or Rex Grossman is our starting Quarterback. These are two guys that NO TEAM wants and yet so many people in this organization, some on this message board, are praising these guys. WOW!!! Mike Shanahan and his boy set the bar on how to bring shame and despair to your team and its locker room. Ruling with an iron fist results in disaster, ask the former Soviet Union. Everytime a player leaves Washington their reputation they received with the team puts an end to their career or drastically diminishes their potential to start in the league. AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...HAYNESWORTH....AND ON AND ON...VINNY CERRATO....AND ON AND ON.

People the Raiders are starting to put things together. I have a long network throughout the country and I can tell you through my own personal correspondence this Franchise is perceived as a pathetic figure of its former, but I simply can ask my neighbor his thoughts about the Redskins which I did earlier today "they suck, what a disaster" echoed a man, a fan of this team since Vietnam.

We let MCNABB GO for John Beck or Rex Grossman!!!!!!! WTF??? And so many people here are really looking forward to see who our starter will be week one and are talking playoffs. Drugs are bad people. How many times have we said this is our year? Or, we are only one playmaker away? The saying is every team is but three years away from a SuperBowl. Tell me this how in the hell do the Redskins fit into that equation? JOHN BECK....REX GROSSMAN....HOLY $$$$...

I wrote this not because I give a damn what you people think of my opinions but to see if you could come up with a team in the NFL that is in a state of more dysfunction and mediocrity than Washington and to make it more impressive not just the whom but the how.

The Redskins haven't had a serious team in contention for a span nearing two decades. We hired Jim Zorn to be a Head Coach. Our Free Agency Flops accompanying by monstrous spending with no return on investment is appalling. Either John Beck or Rex Grossman is our starting Quarterback. These are two guys that NO TEAM wants and yet so many people in this organization, some on this message board, are praising these guys. WOW!!! Mike Shanahan and his boy set the bar on how to bring shame and despair to your team and its locker room. Ruling with an iron fist results in disaster, ask the former Soviet Union. Everytime a player leaves Washington their reputation they received with the team puts an end to their career or drastically diminishes their potential to start in the league. AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...HAYNESWORTH....AND ON AND ON...VINNY CERRATO....AND ON AND ON.

People the Raiders are starting to put things together. I have a long network throughout the country and I can tell you through my own personal correspondence this Franchise is perceived as a pathetic figure of its former, but I simply can ask my neighbor his thoughts about the Redskins which I did earlier today "they suck, what a disaster" echoed a man, a fan of this team since Vietnam.

We let MCNABB GO for John Beck or Rex Grossman!!!!!!! WTF??? And so many people here are really looking forward to see who our starter will be week one and are talking playoffs. Drugs are bad people. How many times have we said this is our year? Or, we are only one playmaker away? The saying is every team is but three years away from a SuperBowl. Tell me this how in the hell do the Redskins fit into that equation? JOHN BECK....REX GROSSMAN....HOLY $$$$...

I wrote this not because I give a damn what you people think of my opinions but to see if you could come up with a team in the NFL that is in a state of more dysfunction and mediocrity than Washington and to make it more impressive not just the whom but the how.

:troll:

Cincinnati Bengals

* QB Battle may be Jordan Palmer and Andy Dalton

* T-Ocho are gone

* Cedric Benson and the law

* Terrible owner too in Mike Brown

* Probably looking at 3-13 or 4-12 in 2011.

Very much so my idiot friend, but why post without answering the question...

:ols:

Wait I thought you did not give a damn what we thought?

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 07:06 AM ----------

Indeed...well put.

Cincinnati Bengals

* QB Battle may be Jordan Palmer and Andy Dalton

* T-Ocho are gone

* Cedric Benson and the law

* Terrible owner too in Mike Brown

* Probably looking at 3-13 or 4-12 in 2011.

Who's talking playoffs? We have more threads about a disastrous season leading to us finally landing a franchise qb than we do playoffs. In fact, I don't recall reading any playoff predictions. I think that is why everyone believes you are a troll. Your posts and your accusations have nothing to do with reality or at least the reality expressed on this board.

The fact of the matter is that getting rid of Vinny, Haynesworth, and McNabb are some of the first truly professional steps this team has taken since Gibbs left. Anywho, you put a lot of work into that rant. Hope you get what you wanted out of it.

I for one will take your post seriously. As a fan, I personally feel it is our obligation to support OUR team. While we haven't had much to cheer for over the past 20 years, the start of each season brings renewed hope. I look forward to it. I am a homer, but not to the extent that we go to the Superbowl, or even make the playoffs this year, yet I still have hope. Things can change... and will, eventually. I have actually enjoyed what the team has done this offseason. As far as the QB situation goes.... yeah, it sorta sucks. I love rooting for the underdog teams though when it comes to college football, and I will indeed root for the underdog QB of ours, whomever starts. I would love to see that Cinderella story with one of our guys.

We went 6-10 last year. How many of those did we lose by 3 pts? 7 pts? Majority of our games were close last year. We came out on the losing side more often then not, but I was there cheering the whole way through. As I will this year. The big word..... HOPE. It was Shanny's first year with the team last year. Give him a year to evaluate the current roster. (Which he did, and began cleaning house and bringing in new talent.) This year will basically be the groundworks of the team, laying that foundation to build on. The next couple of years should begin showing the fruits of his labors.... (in theory, and which i believe, cause i have HOPE).

If the skins are truly your team then I'd challenge you to reign in your "woe unto us" attitude and hold onto the HOPE. It's a new season. Look for the growth in the team. We are basically fielding a whole new team. Root for us.... we are the underdogs. Pull for our QB with no experience. It CAN happen. That the joy of football. Experiencing the unexpected. Lord knows our team is do for a good break.

In closing, as far as teams as bad as ours...? Well, records indicate the Cowboys sucked as much as us last year.... and quite frankly, I cool with that. There were plenty of awful teams last year though, and while our record states we were one of them (and alot of our stats), go back and watch the season. We beat some really good opponents, ( lost to some ****ty ones too), but almost every game was close. If we can even slightly improve, i can envision at least a .500 season.

Have faith my friend. If you just posting to get a rise out of people then shame on ya. If you truly are as frustrated as I know alot of us have been and you are just venting then, as a fan to another fan, Cheers!!! It can only get better..... at some point! Hold onto hope and cheer the team on like ya never have before! I'll see you at the first playoff game!!!!

This is the problem with extremeskins. Anytime someone expresses an opinion that leans to the negative and ask others to actually stop and think about something instead of contributing to the thread with actual thought provoking discussion, we get "you're a troll."

This is the problem with extremeskins. Anytime someone expresses an opinion that leans to the negative and ask others to actually stop and think about something instead of contributing to the thread with actual thought provoking discussion, we get "you're a troll."

In all fairness, this is a Redskins fan board. So, anyone coming out as negative as your initial post was is asking for the undo attention. Hence the troll calling. Pretty sure every redskin fan worth his/her salt no's how bad our team has been lately, but to have another person slam them... on our own fan site is begging for someone to get mad. Heck, we can just watch all the media outlets and hear the same thing you posted, ad naseum. We all know our team has been pretty embarassing past few years. Most of us rather try to look to the sunnier side of things though instead of dwelling on the negative.

Leans to the negative? I would hate to hear from you if you were really down on something.

Mike Shanahan and his boy set the bar on how to bring shame and despair to your team and its locker room. Ruling with an iron fist results in disaster, ask the former Soviet Union

there a big difference between expressing a negative opinion and what you did. not to mention you are attempting to circumvent the profanity filter and engaging in personal attacks.

your opinions could have been expressed in any number of threads that exist.

not to mention that if you think this offseason has been embarrassing, you probably have an agenda.

[quote name=

I wrote this not because I give a damn what you people think of my opinions but to see if you could come up with a team in the NFL that is in a state of more dysfunction and mediocrity than Washington and to make it more impressive not just the whom but the how.[/quote]

With all DUE respect, this is similar to telling two parents their child has to be the ugliest baby in the world and then challenging them to name an uglier one. To expect polite responses is extremely naive, not to mention some less charitable descriptions of the rude and ballsy commenter.

Did you not see the last 3 games of last season. It was obvious that Rex Grossman was the better QB for THIS offense. John Beck has only played 4 games and he could be a very good stop gap before we draft another qb next season.

Yes, I agree, our FA pickups under the Snyderatto regime were appalling, with no return on investment, outside of London Fletcher. But, Shanahan and Allen are changing the culture and turning the franchise around with much better drafting and MUCH better free agent pickups. FA that actually fit the scheme and are young and getting ready to hit their prime. They are building to become a contender. Yes, we may not win much this season, but we have a young team that will play from start to finish.

For a trainwreck of an OP, this is pretty funny.

Hey look, it's Dennis MIller!

Mike Shanahan and his boy set the bar on how to bring shame and despair to your team and its locker room. Ruling with an iron fist results in disaster, ask the former Soviet Union.
"I haven't seen anyone rely on the ground game this much since the battle of Verdun."

--------------------------------------------

Dude, just in case you don't realize it, you aren't even assigning blame to the right people. Just read this board for awhile, and it'll be obvious where you went hilariously wrong, factually, in your OP.

What a positive and uplifting piece! :ols:

People are not taking playoffs. You use the Raiders as an example of a team that is getting their act together? So they started to pull it together last season and what do they do? They fire Cable and have let key free agents walk away this offseason.

Yes, we do not have a QB that inspires everyone. What we do have is a team that is becoming younger, more talented and who is buying in to what Shanny wants to do. Yeah, we are going to have to have some home, faith and trust. Considering what we have been through for the last decade or two that is a lot to ask for. This franchise is a shell of what it used to be. But I think most of us think that now we appear to be headed in the right direction.

Archived