Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Husband of Former Redskins Cheerleader Killed in Afghanistan -- Updated with Fund Information

stwasm

Please keep Kimberly Linberger Vaughn in your thoughts in prayers. Her husband, Navy SEAL, Aaron Vaughn, was among the 30 U.S. servicemen who were killed when Afghan insurgents shot down their helicopter. The Vaughns had a 2-year-old son and a 2-week-old daughter, whom he only saw once before he was deployed.

Click here for more.

A trust fund has been established for their children. You can donate to: Children of Aaron Vaughn, Navy Federal Credit Union, Dam Neck Building 200, Virginia Beach, VA 23461. You also can donate via PaypPal to ChildrenOfAaronVaughn@gmail.com.

That's really sad. I actually knew Kimberly a little bit through work years and years ago, and she got several Redskin Cheerleader calendars signed for me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. Is an unspeakable tragedy in general, but when it happens to somebody you know, it just hits you in the heart.

While today's revelation of this death of one of our heroes brings a feeling of despair, don't ignore that these kids get to grow up knowing that their father was one of the elite and that he died so that everyone they ever meet could live without fear. These two children are lucky to have such an incredibly brave, modest, and selfless man.

Knowing her from her days with the Skins, I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm hurting for her right now. I've learned that he will be buried at Arlington Cemetery. I'll post details as soon as I have them. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words, and continue to keep that family in prayer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to bump it after the game today. I hope the mods do not find this out of line

I thought the Redskins did an amazing job of recognizing this young lady this evening at the game. Very touching moment.

HTTR

Adam

I missed what they did to recognize her. Do you have a recap? Was it something you saw at the game or on T.V.?

Archived