Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Husband of Former Redskins Cheerleader Killed in Afghanistan -- Updated with Fund Information

stwasm

I missed what they did to recognize her. Do you have a recap? Was it something you saw at the game or on T.V.?

They recognized her either at the end of the 2nd quarter or the end of the third quarter (at the game)

Here is a write up from a facebook page dedicated to her husband:

Kimberly, Reagan and Chamberlyn will be honored at the Redskins Game on 12/11. Kimberly was a Redskins cheerleader at the time she met Aaron in Guam (she was on a USO tour entertain troops and Aaron was deployed.) Thank you to the Redskins for inviting Kimberly back for the Military Appreciation game!

Sad story and very challenging time for the families left behind. I pray for the Vaughns and all the families involved. I was thankful to read on the cnn.com article that Aaron Vaughn was a Christian, which is a great comfort knowing that he is with the Lord now. God bless them.

As the father of a Marine wounded in Afghanistan, my heart goes out to any who have lost loved ones in that horrible place. We have our Jacob back and get to see him at Christmas. The injuries are too severe to let him return with his unit this year and I keep the members of his unit in my prayers. But for those who will never see their fathers, husbands, brothers or sons at Christmas again, my heart really goes out. God bless you all.

Archived