Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck or Bust!?

TimFolk

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Personally, I want one of those fantastic stories... be it Beck or Grossman, the qb no one wanted suddenly made great. Heck, why can't we have a Brees story or a Brady story or a Kurt Warner story.

If you're going to root... root for our guys to exceed expectations and just be great. It can happen.

This. :applause:

What if Luck is a bust? Doubt it but there is no sure thing. Going to Stanford, studying Architecture, a great senior season (hopefully) all GREAT signs that will pretty much seal his fate as #1 but who knows? Maybe the guy has no interest in playing pro football.

I will say this, Matt Barkley will NOT be an elite starting QB in the NFL. Write it down.

This thread says nothing about tanking. It was simple which Qb would you prefer. The Skins do not need to tank to get Jones or Barkley.

very true, it just seems anything brought up about next years draft has to go hand in hand with us going 0-16

I voted for Barkley, USC has brought Palmer, Sanchez, and Cassel to the NFL. I've watched enough of Landry Jones' bad decision making to know I don't want him in a Redskins jersey at this point in time. While it is clear Landry Jones is talented he doesn't have what Sam Bradford has yet. Maybe after watching several Sooner games this seaon my mind will change.

Brandon Weeden is also pretty talented but he'll be 29 entering the league next year. That guy is a no go IMO.

Well if we are talking about a possible qb to be taken in next years draft then my vote goes to Robt Griffin III from Baylor.

(note, not on OP list)

But if this kid declares, he will be a heck of a qb for us. He may not be day one starting material ala Luck (which we wont have a shot at anyway)

but with some coaching from Kyle, he will be superb.

I personally think we should trade for Ryan Mallett who is currently a New England Patriot. I believe he will prove himself to be the best QB out of the 2011 draft. Better than all six QBs drafted before him; Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, and Kaepernick...as well as anyone taken after him. My theoretical money is also on him to be a better pro than Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, or any other 2012 draft prospects. His physical ability and understanding of complex offensive/defensive concepts outweigh his red flags, in my opinion.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2011/4/14/2110683/2011-nfl-draft-john-gruden-qb-camp-ryan-mallett (Gruden QB Camp: Ryan Mallett)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozStRPXUK7Q&feature=related (For those of you who enjoy NFL Network's Jamie Dukes and his consistently knowledgable and in-depth analysis)

Personally, I think the Sooner would be an ideal fit for a Shanahan scheme and crave him badly. If he keeps on developing this year at the rapid rate he has thus far, I can envisage him overtaking Luck as the most sought after player in 2012.

But Luck has everything going for him too to be a top echelon QB in this league.

I pray we end up in a position to snag either for the long term good of this franchise and everything we're trying to do here.

Hail.

I really like what I have seen from Landry Jones. Big, athletic, good arm, throws well from the pocket and on the move and good mechanics. I think he would be a great fit here in Washington.

He is a Junior but on the assumption he comes out after this year which I think he will if he has a big year then he is a top 5 lock IMO. I don't think we will be picking top 5 so we would have to trade up to get him and I would. The way the roster is being developed QB is the missing piece.

This poll should have options for Beck and Grossman, just sayin'.

As to this Andrew Luck business, I am simply at a loss for words. In another thread, a poster said he was so sick of hearing Luck's name he would never want him to play here. I believe his exact words were "Luck sucks." Hyperbole to be sure, but I can understand the sentiment. This "suck for Luck" business needs to stop.

What's with all of the high horses and the rah rah lectures on homerism in here? You're all ****in liars if you say you don't want Andrew Luck and are fine going out there hoping against hope that Beck is the answer and that you'd be perfectly fine going 8 and 8. I want Andrew Luck. I don't want to lose 12 to 14 games to get him. But I'd absolutely suffer the losses in silence if it meant we'd get the first overall pick. He's a hell of a prize to end up with at the end of the season. You can't watch a presence like Peyton Manning making an undersized, mediocre team great for a decade straight and not fantasize about what it might be like to get that kind of production from your QB.

If he declares that is.

What's with all of the high horses and the rah rah lectures on homerism in here? You're all ****in liars if you say you don't want Andrew Luck and are fine going out there hoping against hope that Beck is the answer and that you'd be perfectly fine going 8 and 8. I want Andrew Luck. I don't want to lose 12 to 14 games to get him. But I'd absolutely suffer the losses in silence if it meant we'd get the first overall pick. He's a hell of a prize to end up with at the end of the season. You can't watch a presence like Peyton Manning making an undersized, mediocre team great for a decade straight and not fantasize about what it might be like to get that kind of production from your QB.

If he declares that is.

/thread

Just that Andrew Luck is not the only player available. Do I think The Redskins will have a Top 15 draft pick. Yes... but that doesn't mean we'll be bad enough to draft Luck and honestly he's not that great. Bradford to me was alot better coming out. Landry Jones >

Sorry, but Andrew Luck (as of last year and right now) is on a different level than Jones or Barkley. Both of them are very good QBs and will likely improve even more this season but if you watch them play and then watch Luck play it is very different. There are no sure things, obviously, but IMO and in the opinion of a lot of scouts, Luck is the best/cleanest QB prospect since Peyton Manning. Bradford was an excellent prospect but he did have flags (injury, spread offense, defenses called to him from the sideline).

Luck isn't the ONLY QB of the bunch who has a positive chance to be a good NFL starter, but if I would take him over the other guys in .01 seconds if we had any chance to.

Archived