Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck or Bust!?

TimFolk

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I just read a tweet that was interesting that was retweeted by BurgundyBlog. This time last year it was the Jake Locker sweepstakes. You just never know whats going to happen in an upcoming football season, so to tank the season to draft Andrew Luck is totally irresponsible, because you don't know whos going to explode and whos going to take a decline. We could go 8-8 and still be able to land a QB of the future at our spot or trade up in the draft with a team that already has a franchise QB but something went horribly wrong in their season.

• 2 months later...

*EDIT* I DO NOT THINK THE SEASON IS OVER

Luck and honestly he's not that great. Bradford to me was alot better coming out. Landry Jones >

The Season is over, we will be lucky to squeeze out another 3 wins

Luck is Amazing.... WTF r u talking about?

Where do I keep the spare malaria, I hope this thread catches it and dies!

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 02:02 PM ----------

If we really want Luck, I think we can move up to get him as long as the Rams end up with the first pick. It will cost a lot, but we can do it (Bruce and Shanny) if they really want him. At this rate, they may only have to drop two or three spots if we swap picks.

The Dolphins, Seahawks, Colts and Browns all are worst teams than us, and all need a QB!

ITS NOTH HAPPENING!

Believe it or not Iv been watching 2011 Highlights on Tannehill, RG3, Barkley and Jones. Im really liking what I see from Tannehill. I turn off the video pretty fast on L. Jones because I havnt seen him in alot of pressure situations and he throws alot out to the flats. I like how Barkley rolls out and throws. He has made plays with pressure in his face. This Guy Tannehill is fun to watch (shovel passes, side arm passes, running around etc...) Going to keep watching though

Here's my ranking for the quarterbacks on your list:

Andrew Luck

Landry Jones

(Inexplicably omitted RG3 goes here)

Matt Barkley

Nick Foles

Ryan Tannehill

Brandon Weeden

Kirk Cousins

Ryan Lindley

If RG3 was inexplicably omitted, these last 2 were inexplicably included as there are about 10-15 guys I would go with before these guys got a shot, but I rank them in this order.

Terrelle Pryor

John Brantley

If we really want Luck, I think we can move up to get him as long as the Rams end up with the first pick. It will cost a lot, but we can do it (Bruce and Shanny) if they really want him. At this rate, they may only have to drop two or three spots if we swap picks.

There's actually one theory out there that St Louis would trade Bradford for picks and take Luck. I don't see this myself, but it's been discussed.

BTW, I just see nop way we get Luck. We already have too many wins and someone like Barkley will probably be available by the time we draft.

There's actually one theory out there that St Louis would trade Bradford for picks and take Luck. I don't see this myself' date=' but it's been discussed.

BTW, I just see nop way we get Luck. We already have too many wins and someone like Barkley will probably be available by the time we draft.[/quote']

I truly believe if we draft Barkley or Jones, we're going to be looking for a new QB four years from now.

It's gotta be Luck/Griffin or draft Tannehill and sit him behind a vet for a year or two. This QB class isn't nearly as deep as people are making out to be. There are a few more "good" prospects this year than last, but probably just as many "franchise-caliber" guys, if not less.

We don't just need a good QB prospect. We need a franchise-changer.

Is anyone else tired of all the wait for Luck talk? 2012 is gonna have two other great QB prospects in it.

Personally I want Landry Jones. Reminds me on Sam Bradford and we have alot of OK players. And honestly I feel if we were higher last year Bradford would've been the pick.

*EDIT* I DO NOT THINK THE SEASON IS OVER

Just that Andrew Luck is not the only player available. Do I think The Redskins will have a Top 15 draft pick. Yes... but that doesn't mean we'll be bad enough to draft Luck and honestly he's not that great. Bradford to me was alot better coming out. Landry Jones >

I do think this season is over and over again.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

I just read a tweet that was interesting that was retweeted by BurgundyBlog. This time last year it was the Jake Locker sweepstakes. You just never know whats going to happen in an upcoming football season, so to tank the season to draft Andrew Luck is totally irresponsible, because you don't know whos going to explode and whos going to take a decline. We could go 8-8 and still be able to land a QB of the future at our spot or trade up in the draft with a team that already has a franchise QB but something went horribly wrong in their season.

Teams tanking seasons is a century old ritual.Happens all the time, just ask the Lions. They loved it. And just ask the Colts they learned and now they are doing it. Believe it works.

There is no way we end up with the first pick in the draft. We can lose every game for the rest of the season and the Colts and Dolphins will be worse than us. The Colts and Dolphins will probably end up 1-15 or 2-14. We only have two possible paths to Luck. One is if the Rams end up worse than the Colts and Dolphins and are willing to trade the #1 pick. Then we could trade up with them by giving up a ton of picks. Since the Rams beat the Saints yesterday, they will most likely be better than the other two teams, so that is looking more unlikely. The second path would be if Luck pulls an Elway or Eli Manning, such as refusing to go to the Colts or Dolphins for whatever reason and by the grace of the football Gods wants to play for the Redskins. Then there would be a Chargers/Eli Manning situation. The wild card option, which is even more unlikely than the previous possibilities, is that the Colts end up willing to trade the #1 pick because they are too invested with Peyton Manning a feel he could still be the QB for the next 4 years. Other than that, I see no way we end up with Luck, even if we lose every game.

Given how we've played since our bye, I now want us to play all younger players. If that results in us losing more games and getting a higher pick so that we can snag a solid QB prospect, fine. If it results in the younger players developing a chemistry and gelling together while improving, that's fine too. Either way, I don't see why we'd continue to pass the ball to Gaffney or Stallworth or start Rocky at ILB.

I truly believe if we draft Barkley or Jones, we're going to be looking for a new QB four years from now.

It's gotta be Luck/Griffin or draft Tannehill and sit him behind a vet for a year or two. This QB class isn't nearly as deep as people are making out to be. There are a few more "good" prospects this year than last, but probably just as many "franchise-caliber" guys, if not less.

this drives me nuts and im fully convinced every year is the same. last year all we heard was "next years class is sooooo much better, this is the worst class ever". and now we're seeing ponder, newton, and dalton all playing pretty well for rookies, and theres another person telling me this class is overhyped.

we just have to pick a QB and say **** it. we'll never know if that guy can be a franchise changer unless we draft one and do it.

this drives me nuts and im fully convinced every year is the same. last year all we heard was "next years class is sooooo much better, this is the worst class ever". and now we're seeing ponder, newton, and dalton all playing pretty well for rookies, and theres another person telling me this class is overhyped.

we just have to pick a QB and say **** it. we'll never know if that guy can be a franchise changer unless we draft one and do it.

Exactly and if he busts within a few years we do it over and over again until we find the right QB for this team.

Though he isn't my first choice as a 2nd to Luck, I wouldn't be too upset with Barkley in the event that we can't grab RGIII. Jones I don't really want much of a part of. Tannehill may be my #3 behind Luck and Griffin. He may need a little extra time to develop but he generally doesn't look like an inexperienced QB when you watch him play. He will make the occasional play that you can chalk up to less experience, but generally he looks legit and has tons of upside.

Luck will be gone. COUNT ON IT!!! We need to look at other options. Landry Jones is gonna be gone as well, and Matt Barkley, well, quite frankly, is not that spectacular. RG3 is our best bet, and if he's not there, we could use help at CB/ILB/DL/OL/WR take your pick....

Archived