Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck or Bust!?

TimFolk

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Luck will be gone. COUNT ON IT!!! We need to look at other options. Landry Jones is gonna be gone as well' date=' and Matt Barkley, well, quite frankly, is not that spectacular. RG3 is our best bet, and if he's not there, we could use help at CB/ILB/DL/OL/WR take your pick....[/quote']

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think RG3 is going to be the second QB taken when all is said and done. I wouldn't be surprised that if we somehow manage to snag another couple wins this season, we're going to have to trade up for Griffin if we want him.

If we lose out, we should be good for RG3 though.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think RG3 is going to be the second QB taken when all is said and done. I wouldn't be surprised that if we somehow manage to snag another couple wins this season, we're going to have to trade up for Griffin if we want him.

I think it depends on the draft order. We might still have to trade up for him even if we end up in the top 10 (or even top 6 or 7). I'm guessing Luck to the Phins. Then we'll probably have Denver, Seattle ahead of us who could both take a QB. Seattle is almost a sure bet to take one; I can't see Denver rolling with Tebow next year unless he drastically improves. If RGIII keeps his stock up, keeps playing really well, and shows well at the combine, etc and the Shannys are truly sold on him, we may still have to move up to get him.

Also remember that if he ends up being viewed as an elite prospect, there will be other teams behind us who would likely be willing to trade up for him and we would have to bid against them.

**** Luck! RG III all day!

Dude is a model citizen and one hell of a player. Nothing personal with Luck, but I hope the dude bombs.

I guess I don't get that attitude. I don't hope that someone NOT a Cowboy just bombs. I watch the game to see greatness, not to be contrarian and hope someone sucks because other people wanted them on their team..lol

And that's coming from someone who thinks RGIII is the best option for us after Luck.

I never want my team to lose even if that means we don't get the "best" player in the draft. Football is a violent sport and it's not outside the realm of possibility that the best college football player could have a career ending injury before the draft. I would love to one day have an elite QB playing for the Redskins. It must be so nice for the fans of other teams that have an elite QB playing for them. I'm truly envious of them.

• 4 months later...
Is anyone else tired of all the wait for Luck talk? 2012 is gonna have two other great QB prospects in it.

Personally I want Landry Jones. Reminds me on Sam Bradford and we have alot of OK players. And honestly I feel if we were higher last year Bradford would've been the pick.

*EDIT* I DO NOT THINK THE SEASON IS OVER

Just that Andrew Luck is not the only player available. Do I think The Redskins will have a Top 15 draft pick. Yes... but that doesn't mean we'll

be bad enough to draft Luck and honestly he's not that great. Bradford to me was alot better coming out. Landry Jones >

Guess ill never see Landry Jones as a redskin... HTTR

Your limb seems to be holding up pretty well so far man :D

Come on, GHH. You know he's a disappointment by now!

It's all part of the Sooner master plan terps.

2011. All about Luck. (And as it turned out, some dude from Texas.). How do you ride that and break a top pick? ..... :idea: Screw 2011. Tank it to epically bad, out of character proportions. Take all pressure and attention off. Come back in 2012, tear it up, and take top slot of favored Barkley.

It's crazy. But it's brilliantly crazy. And it's my story and I'ma sticking to it!

Hail.

It's all part of the Sooner master plan terps.

2011. All about Luck. (And as it turned out, some dude from Texas.). How do you ride that and break a top pick? ..... :idea: Screw 2011. Tank it to epically bad, out of character proportions. Take all pressure and attention off. Come back in 2012, tear it up, and take top slot of favored Barkley.

It's crazy. But it's brilliantly crazy. And it's my story and I'ma sticking to it!

Hail.

Here's my bold predictions:

1) Landry Jones will not only not be the top pick in 2013, but he won't be a first round pick.

2) He will at some point be in severe danger of losing his starting job to Bell somewhere near the middle of the season.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Here's my bold predictions:

1) Landry Jones will not only not be the top pick in 2013, but he won't be a first round pick.

2) He will at some point be in severe danger of losing his starting job to Bell somewhere near the middle of the season.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I will gladly smoke it man. That must be some good **** if it leads you to think the Belldozer will start for Stoops. He's not near athletic enough for what OU do, and will only continue to see the field, if he stays at QB, in the RZ packages designed for him to truck it in.

As far as Landry goes, I was playing around there. But I wouldn't let yourself be at all surprised if he comes back stronger and better from last years experience to build on what he achieved his first two years. He'll be one of the first QB's off the board in 2013. That's my not-so bold prediction.

Hail.

Considering how much people have talked up Tannehill to the point of being a possible top 10 selection, I'd be shocked to see Landry fall out of the first round. No matter his production, there just seems to be an extreme overdrafting of QBs these days.

Considering how much people have talked up Tannehill to the point of being a possible top 10 selection, I'd be shocked to see Landry fall out of the first round. No matter his production, there just seems to be an extreme overdrafting of QBs these days.

Which illustrates how little I think of Landry Jones as a prospect. I think if a solid number of juniors come out next year, he's an afterthought.

Well if we are talking about a possible qb to be taken in next years draft then my vote goes to Robt Griffin III from Baylor.

(note, not on OP list)

But if this kid declares, he will be a heck of a qb for us. He may not be day one starting material ala Luck (which we wont have a shot at anyway)

but with some coaching from Kyle, he will be superb.

This was posted August 1, 2011....nice call...it would have been even nicer if you weren't from Waco but whatever lol you nailed it!

Archived