Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Slow Decline of FedEx. Dangerous Thug Fans?

milellie111

This right here. One fight = banned for life. Zero tolerance. Lose season tickets. I think they should cut off the beer at halftime. Drunk ass MoFos sit in the parking lot for 5 hours drikning a 12 pack and then come in the stadium for 6 more. Do you really need to drink that much? How do you enjoy the game if you can't remember it or spend so much time pissing? If you do this, you are a PATHETIC excuse for a fan and human being.

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

Water is ice cold too!

Thats how they have cleaned up English soccer. CCTV recording the crowd and zero tolerance to anti social or violent behaviour inside or in the immediate area around the stadium. If you get identified in some this behaviour you get a life ban from the ground. To stop thugs causing trouble at internatioanl games outside the UK any fan convicted of an offence involving assualt or violence has their passport conviscated during the period before and during a game or tournament so they cant leave the UK.

I dont think you have anything like the issues that we had in soccer over here but if you want to ensure it stays that way there need to be serious consequences for bad behaviour.

For some games the police also ban pubs or bars from selling alcohol for a couple of hours before the game.

I've been to a few stadiums to see the Redskins play:

Atlanta- fans were fine there. A little razing.

Carolina- I go every time the Skins come here. Seems like 50% Redskins fans so no problems.

Nashville- Very hot that day. Nobody wanted to pick any fights. It was more about hydration that day.

Miami- We're not even in the same conference. There were more Jets/Phins fights at a Phins/Skins game that day.

I take my family to every game. My wife takes my younger son (8) to our two seats in Club level and has not had a problem to my knowledge. I sit with my older son (11) in our 400 level seats. While we've been fortunate enough not to be in the proximity of any real fights, there is plenty of cursing, obscenities, and even guys throwing up in their own lap a few seats down from us. I use the situations as direct example lessons to my son about the dangers of excess drinking and how awful people are who drink to that degree.

I'm hoping our luck holds out with our move to the lower level next season.

People need to figure out ways to solve problems other than blanket prohibitions. Ban alcohol? F that. That's such a cop out, be more creative! How about ban the idiots after they start fights? As someone else said, there are cameras everywhere. The stadium just needs alert, responsive security, and a policy of not letting back in the thugs.

How do folks propose banning people? With that many people going into the place on Sunday and only so many people on the gates taking tickets..I'm not sure how you could reliably keep anyone out who has a ticket.

I think the better option is better management of alcohol consumption. Don't let people into the stadium, ticket or no, if they are visibly intoxicated at the gate. Inside, have better training for bar and concession staff to recognize when someone has had enough.

How do folks propose banning people? With that many people going into the place on Sunday and only so many people on the gates taking tickets..I'm not sure how you could reliably keep anyone out who has a ticket.

Its not that hard actually. First if they are a season ticket holder its pretty easy to cancel that. Then you have security watching CCTV for known trouble makers and with face recognition software you would be amazed who you can pick out of a crowd and then direct security to.

Being as most game day Redskins fans will only ever attend FedEx in their lifetimes, what happens at other stadiums I'm guessing doesn't concern them. What happen's at their stadium though when it effects their experience they've paid hard earned bucks for does.

Hail.

I understand your point but like I said it happens everywhere. I live 10 minutes from Giants Stadium and go to every Redskin game there and have seen a handfull of fights. I never personally had any type of altercation so I do not judge the entire Giant fan base cause I have seen fights at football games. I have also driven down to FedEx Field 6 times and also seen fights. I will still go to both stadium and enjoy myself. It is the nature of the beast with any football team.

I think the better option is better management of alcohol consumption. Don't let people into the stadium, ticket or no, if they are visibly intoxicated at the gate. Inside, have better training for bar and concession staff to recognize when someone has had enough.

Great life lesson for your kid there, nice job to turn negatives into a positive. Wish I could say it was different in the lower level, but at least not in 222. At least a fight a game there sometimes two.

Its not that hard actually. First if they are a season ticket holder its pretty easy to cancel that. Then you have security watching CCTV for known trouble makers and with face recognition software you would be amazed who you can pick out of a crowd and then direct security to.

Like was mentioned earlier, the American's would do well to both learn from and follow their English counterparts who are heavily experienced and at the top of their game in crowd safety.

But it has to start with the Redskins themselves. What's laughable is that this should even be an issue nearly 14 years after FedEx Field was opened. Crowd safety and enjoyment should of been the number one priority from the organization for it's paying game day customers from the get-go.

Hail.

I read a lot, don't post much. Anyway, I am life long 'Skins fan and have been to one game at FedEx field and I have no plans to go back soon. I watch the Skins in other cities but not D.C., the one game I went to I felt like I was the only fan in my section who wasn't totally drunk. I drink at games, but those guys and gals were totally out of control. I enjoy sitting at the house and watching the games on television much more than FedEx; FWIW, I'm a season ticket holder of a MLB club and this kind of thing never happens.

I know it would be impossible to do, but I always said they should just post massive drunk driving checkpoints outside the stadium for a few games and process patty wagons full of drunk drivers. I bet that would cut down on how bombed people are getting at these games.

Man, some you guys in here think this type of behavior is not a big deal because it happens at other stadiums? Man, thats crazy! What if the police chief a city said "it ain't no big deal if murders and sexual assaults are happening in my city, it happens in every city". Redskins managements job is to worry about their OWN environment and safety of their fans.

Yeah, ok, maybe banning alcohol is a little extreme. But there sure is a way to stop or deter alot of these punks from acting stupid. I think most of the times they fight because they feel "it's the norm" and it's expected, sometimes even other egghead fans around are egging them on and encouraging it. At least maybe have some large signs in each section saying something like "please watch your language and be respectful of children around you" or "violence and fighting of any sort will not be tolerated and lawbreakers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent".

All it takes is for a couple of disrespectful punks to start yelling obscenities at each other, throwing beer, getting all of their buddies fired up and it can easily turn into an all out melee in the stands. Yup, innocent bystanders, elderly ones or children could get seriously hurt. But no one will do anything to prevent any of this from happening until it hits the news one day "Child Critically injured from drunken fan brawl inside FedEx Field."

Football is not adult only entertainment. It's definitely being marketed to the children with all of the NFL youth programs out there. So you won't want to bring kids to the games and expect them to hear loud cursing, vulgar fans and fights.

Most of these fights won't even happen if thugs are scared enough. With the small exception of psychopaths, most "thugs" won't act out what they want to if they see law enforcement around, intimidation or read a sign in front of every section that say's "If you are seen fighting, you will be pepper sprayed on the spot" or "Rubber bullets and tazers may be used at will against drunk fighters."

I'll never for the life of me understand why someone would want to spend hard earned dollars on something that's far from cheap to attend; only to get paralytically drunk and nine times out of ten not remember what they paid for the next day.

I like a drink with the best of them, but to drink for the sake of drinking to that extent and in many cases ruin what I was there for is just about as asinine a thing as I could think of doing on game day. You can't even make the excuse that it's the folly of youth as a lot of older guys are as bad.

I'll honestly never understand that mentality. For me, when your at that stage your just drinking for drinking's sake.

Hail.

I split the season tix with my dad, in all four of my games I saw a fight or had one break out in my section.

Our section had a fight during the Vikings game too.

see my thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?340121-Rumble-Near-Section-114

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 02:06 PM ----------

Another thing as well. I think one of the most shameful things about the FedEx Field gameday experience is the Dead Tree Crew. These ******** ought to be ashamed of themselves. There will never be enough bad things I can say about that group of idiots...

100% agree. Their "leader" was on here making racist comments last December.

What is a Dead Tree Crew?

In 2001 the Dead Tree Crew, or DTC was three kids aged 18, 20, and 21 who by fate met eachother years before and decided to start what now could be called one of the most infamous tailgates, not only at FedEx Field, not only in the NFL, but the world.

Fast forward to 2011, the DTC is one of the largest, if not largest tailgate at FedEx Field.

Have we got in fights in the past 11 years? Very few actually.

Do some attendees get super drunk at our tailgate? Yes, absolutely.

But in the past 11 years, the co-founders of the DTC, and members that have contributed during the years have transformed the DTC tailgate to "premier" levels.

My friend and myself, personally finance most everything involved. Tents, grills, music equipment, food, drinks, and a few other "core" members fill in the rest.

If you are an opposing fan, nothing has changed during those years, you are still not welcome.

If you are a Redskins fan, nothing has changed during the same amount of time, you are always welcome to come stop by and eat and drink with us. You dont have to bring anything but a strong allegiance to the team.

We have had offers to be sponsored by various companies, have been approached to sell merchandise and cash in on the 11 years of viral marketing, but we declined.

The DTC is still what it was in 2001. An awesome time for Redskin fans, and a not so awesome time for opposing fans.

If you like excellent food, good music, plenty of drink selections, alcoholic, or non alcoholic, Redskin fans that bleed burgundy and **** gold, and prefer your girl to guy ratio at 50%, then the DTC tailgate is for you.

Now, if you spend most of your life on the internet, and enjoy judging people and things you have never seen in real life, and have a pre-determined notion that the DTC is a bunch of alcoholic thugs, then just dont attend it.

Its in the green lot. Section F-51. Along side the hill behind Jericho Church, under a dead tree.

There is a reason why every NFL season the DTC tailgate population grows. There is a reason why multiple news outlets, whether they be online, on TV or in print, are there pretty much every game.

The people that have been, they know the reason.

The people that have not been, watch a video on the internet, well they wont know, and if I was judgmental, which I am not, id say they don't know much anyways.

Either way, the DTC will be open for business as usual this season.

We have upgraded pretty much the entire tailgate and have some new additions this season that will be sure to please the regulars.

Cant wait.

Hail to the Redskins!

Seems like everything i've heard about your "crew" has been negative buddy. And these are from people with first hand experience:

Another thing as well. I think one of the most shameful things about the FedEx Field gameday experience is the Dead Tree Crew. These ******** ought to be ashamed of themselves. There will never be enough bad things I can say about that group of idiots...
100% agree. Their "leader" was on here making racist comments last December.

Seems like everything i've heard about your "crew" has been negative buddy. And these are from people with first hand experience:

Need to read the thread a bit more carefully. There have been posters here with first hand experience,(as in meeting with the Crew),who have said otherwise. Not defending or anything,just sayin.' Besides,this thread is about more than the Crew and that particular subject has been a topic too many times here over the years.

Funny, how this keeps coming up... Think about it. There are 82,000 fans going to a stadium to watch grown men knock the **** out of each other for 3 hours. Add alcohol and a few obnoxious fans, there will be fights (no matter where you are).

FTR I am not condoning fighting at the stadium, just being realistic. Also, can we drop the DTC conversation in this thread? That argument has been played out numerous times and the trheads usually dont end well. If you dont like them, stay away from their section. Pretty sure that they are not going to come and find you just to mess with you or your friends at your tailgate (unless of course you are a Cowboys fan). :pfft:

Archived