Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Slow Decline of FedEx. Dangerous Thug Fans?

milellie111

I just thought i would post this because i found it interesting how many amateur videos i found of Redskins fan violence at FedEx field. It's so sad that you can't feel comfortable with bringing your wife, kids or mother to a game and enjoy. Seems as if FedEx has become overrun with sloppy drunk thugs looking to pick a fight. In some of the videos, it's Redskins fans fighting other Skins fans!! How idiotic :(

Clearly, the decline of the character of the organization has affected many fans. We can't deny this anymore.

Just take a look at some of the videos below. What happened to the classy Redskin fan base? This looks like something that would take place at Raiders game. Someone had mentioned about the violence at FedEx before and we may have thought it was just an isolated event, but there are many videos with proof that these aren't just isolated incidents anymore. Where is the security??

one of the reasons why i hate that alcohol has to be consumed at sporting events. people think they cant have fun without drinking

and

when your team sucks, there is nothing else to do besides drinking lol. Have a better product and people come to watch and not cause trouble

You get that many people together drinking and fired up something is bound to happen. The disgrace is that in some of the upper level fights no one from FedEx or the cops ever showed up. Maybe a little better staffing and the problem could be diminished some.

Fighting with opposition fans would be bad enough in some ****** up sense of pride, but 'Skins fans fighting 'Skins fans? Are you ******* kidding me!

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with these people?

I'd love someone to straight faced defend that. There needs to be zero tolerance. If your caught on CCTV within the stadium fighting or acting like a complete drunken prick and disrupting the game for others, your banned. NO exceptions.

Only way your gona' stop it.

Hail.

Just as a heads up, that 2nd video is 2 Cowboys fans fighting. Yeah, it's a fight at FedEx, but it wasn't THIS fanbase that was involved in it.

That one might be out of context with the thread, but it still doesn't lesson the many other examples of just how low a large proportion of this fan base has now fallen to.

Honestly, the organization wants to start banning these dicks. Your caught either on CCTV, or in person by stewards or cops, your banned. And if your a S/T holder, your tickets are withdrawn.

The message needs to get through.

Hail.

The dude in the Orakpo Jersey in the Vikings fight was DRUNK as ****. Any bartender will tell you that it's their responsibility to identify someone whose had too much and to cut them off. If that dude was sold alcohol by stadium staff they're partially responsible. He was visibly impaired and should have been shut down. I don't think the stadium staff is well trained on recognizing the signs of impairment. There were several games I was at last year (namely Houston) where I myself should have been cut off but wasn't. I'm not proud of being the drunk guy at games, and I've never been in a stadium fight, but it's pretty easy to get sloppy when your team looks like butt and it's hot and the beer is ice cold.

Fighting with opposition fans would be bad enough in some ****** up sense of pride, but 'Skins fans fighting 'Skins fans? Are you ******* kidding me!

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with these people?

I'd love someone to straight faced defend that. There needs to be zero tolerance. If your caught on CCTV within the stadium fighting or acting like a complete drunken prick and disrupting the game for others, your banned. NO exceptions.

Only way your gona' stop it.

Hail.

Exactly. And people need to be a bit more proactive as well. Utilize the text number they advertise at the beginning of games if you even SENSE that there might be trouble brewing.

Cursing and such has been a problem as well. Last year at the Vikings game we had a 10 year old sitting next to us with a bunch of guys cursing every other word. We set them straight, and I'm pretty sure they were too embarassed to say much at all for the remainder of the game.

The dude in the Orakpo Jersey in the Vikings fight was DRUNK as ****. Any bartender will tell you that it's their responsibility to identify someone whose had too much and to cut them off. If that dude was sold alcohol by stadium staff they're partially responsible. He was visibly impaired and should have been shut down. I don't think the stadium staff is well trained on recognizing the signs of impairment. There were several games I was at last year (namely Houston) where I myself should have been cut off but wasn't. I'm not proud of being the drunk guy at games, and I've never been in a stadium fight, but it's pretty easy to get sloppy when your team looks like butt and it's hot and the beer is ice cold.

It is your responsibility to drink responsibly full stop - there is no excuse - there really is not - Also these thugs are idiots who would have got in a fight at the football game or at the 7-11 - In the UK we have our share of hooligans or dick heads who go to soccer games with the sole intention to cause trouble . I really do hope this is not the start of English thug mentality ...

I agree with you in that the bartenders have a responsibility. But what if the prick guy gets wasted at the tailgate before the game even starts outside of the stadium? (which i'm sure happens alot).I don't think that they should be allowed to even come in if they can hardly walk.

I never understood fighting in bleachers!

Seriously, there are some straight thugs fans out at FedEx and they need to GO! I not sure what rules are in place after a fight, but I think if you get caught you should be banned for the rest of the season.

This happens in every NFL stadium throughout the country. If you searched hard enough, I guarantee you will find multiple videos of fights in every stadium. Its just how it is in the NFL these days. Not defending it, but it is what it is. It not a place to take the kids unless your lucky enough to have tickets in a suite. Most of the time the club level is ok too.

This happens in every NFL stadium throughout the country. If you searched hard enough, I guarantee you will find multiple videos of fights in every stadium. Its just how it is in the NFL these days. Not defending it, but it is what it is. It not a place to take the kids unless your lucky enough to have tickets in a suite. Most of the time the club level is ok too.

By saying it's not a place to kids and it happens all across the league so in effect it is what it is you are condoning it, however unintentionally.

There's absolutely NO excuse for this to be allowed to happen within the stadium. The Redskins are sorely at fault here for not eradicating this type of behaviour a LONG time ago. It's not hard to catch and punish these morons.

Hail.

If you're being serious, look up Dead Tree Crew on youtube.

here you go:

I just looked them up on youtube. A classless group of tailgaters who who drink excessively to get wasted, look to start mess with opposing fans and get rowdy and yell profanities left and right.

Any of those guys affiliated with the Extremeskins tailgate? Has there been any conflict between the two groups?

Ban alcohol. So what if money is lost, the safety of people is more important. I rather not have my experience ruined because of some moron don't know how to act in public. People are more concerned in drinking, than watching the game which leads to asking this, why come to the game? just stay at home or go to the bar.

and fans get into fights, FOR WHAT?

I'll never forget the game I went to where sloppy drunk Redskins fans sitting a few seats down from me started heckling everybody around them for whatever reason they could. They started with the Denver fans and moved on to everybody else. My fiancee and I spotted some seats opposite of us which we watched for a quarter and when we were satisfied that they were empty we got up and moved to the other side of the stadium. From the things they were saying to other fans I knew if they started talking to me I wouldn't be able to control myself. Sometimes fans aren't leaving at halftime, they're moving to other seats to get the **** away from idiot fans.

An NFL game is not a family environment. I'm not looking for a family environment, I'm looking for a place where people can watch some ****ing football. I played football. I love football. I like watching everything on the field and cheering my team on when they do well. I don't see where getting drunk and talking **** to other people or starting fights factors into watching a sport, but I guess that would be something that only makes sense to the loud *******s who do it on a regular basis. Its just like when I go to a concert and everybody around me gets ****faced wasted to the point where they barely remember what a good time they had. Meanwhile I stay sober and pay attention so I may remember my great experiences later.

Then again I can't think of a lot of circumstances where being drunk actually improves your experience. Perhaps at a party or something where you want to relax and loosen up or something. I only drink in circumstances where I want to sit back and relax. It seems a large portion of our population drinks while doing something which requires a fair amount of activity. I don't get it.

American sports could do a lot worse than take from their English counterparts.

In the very top level of English soccer, which the NFL is, you can't even sneeze in a stadium now without your on multiple cameras recording it. Anyone fighting like on the videos in the OP would find the cops on them in seconds, resulting 9 times out of 10 in either ejection from the stadium, or worse their ass' brought up on charges. And the club would ban their ass, maybe for life depending on the severity, with season tickets cancelled on the spot. And alcohol within view of the playing area is a blanket ban. Clubs sell beer before and at half time under the stands, but you've not a prayer in hell of taking it back to your seat.

Don't get me wrong, trouble still occurs away from the stadium, and if you want it you can still find it. But there's minimal incidents within stadiums today. Why the Redskins or any other NFL team continue to allow this behaviour is totally beyond me. It's seriously not hard to eradicate it.

And the fighting between your own just staggers me. That's the most asinine, ridiculous form of violence I've seen. I'll hold my hand up and say I've been involved when fightings broken out going back to my youth at English soccer games. If you travelled away from home (road games) in the '70's and '80's it was unavoidable. But never did we turn on our own fans. That's the most ass backward thing in that context I can imagine.

Hail.

Archived