Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Slow Decline of FedEx. Dangerous Thug Fans?

milellie111

It's a darn good deterrent though SandS. If you know there's a good chance that if you become involved in a fight, a camera will be zooming in on the incident, with your picture available in seconds showing you in the midst of it; and consequently that used against you to stop you attending future Redskins games surely that's a major plus for having CCTV throughout NFL stadiums. For both a crowd control and crowd safety measure. I'm sure at present not everyone involved in such incidents gets caught or reprimanded.

I know it would sure make me think twice if that threat was hanging over me.

Hail.

And Old Dominion....you are fooling yourself if you think the alcohol is not the primary reason that fights break out. Yes, there are sober jerks; but quite frankly most jerks are also the same guys getting plastered, and who think getting drunk gives them an excuse to act like an *******.

There was plenty of alcohol consumed 20-30-40 years ago and there weren't nearly as many fights. Alcohol is obviously a huge contributing factor but it's not all of it. The problem is that everyone now has to prove they are the biggest fan and have no tolerance of other fans. Why do certain fans have to confront rival fans? Why do we care if a fan wants to wear their Eagles jersey to a game if they are an Eagles fan? Just because they are like that? Stupid. I drink a lot of beer at games and I haven't been in a fight or even a near fight since I was 12.

I have no problem with those videos. Homefield advantage needs to be maintained at all costs.

FedEx Field: only the strong survive.

If I didn't know better I'd think that came from the mouth of a Philly fan.

But I do. And it didn't. Sighs, what hope have you got when there's attitudes like that?

Hail.

There was plenty of alcohol consumed 20-30-40 years ago and there weren't nearly as many fights. Alcohol is obviously a huge contributing factor but it's not all of it. The problem is that everyone now has to prove they are the biggest fan and have no tolerance of other fans. Why do certain fans have to confront rival fans? Why do we care if a fan wants to wear their Eagles jersey to a game if they are an Eagles fan? Just because they are like that? Stupid. I drink a lot of beer at games and I haven't been in a fight or even a near fight since I was 12.

That was a question I wanted to ask folks who have been going to games at FedEx for a while. Has the situation gotten worse from what it was, say, 10 years ago? And if so, why do you think that is?

As for another point.....with all the intersections of cars and pedestrians after the game, does it surprise you that we haven't heard of incidents of people being struck by cars at FedEx?

If I didn't know better I'd think that came from the mouth of a Philly fan.

But I do. And it didn't. Sighs, what hope have you got when there's attitudes like that?

Hail.

Pretty much none.... see it's not that I disagree with anything you've said in this thread...... it just seems like it's all said in jest considering the general mentality of the modern American Football fan

I have no problem with those videos. Homefield advantage needs to be maintained at all costs.

Issue is, I've totally seen Skin fans punching Skin fans, sometimes even down a couple stairs in the upper deck. It's crazy to think you would get in a fight with your own fan base..

Please, it's the players responsibility for maintaining homefield advantage, not the fans. Bills, Browns, and Raiders fans are rowdy and yet a good team can just walk into their stadium and beat them with very little regard to their fans.

Pretty much none.... see it's not that I disagree with anything you've said in this thread...... it just seems like it's all said in jest considering the general mentality of the modern American Football fan

Embarrassing is what it is man. And the Redskins are a big part in the problem. If they really wanted to, they could drastically alter the atmosphere at FedEx, without losing that atmosphere. Better security measures like have been discussed would be easy to implement, and would drastically cut down on the number of incidents. You could limit at what times through a game you sold alcohol, but they wouldn't even consider that because of the all mighty dollars they'd lose. And in a stadium so vast, it wouldn't take Einstein to set aside a section of a few blocks or so specifically for family's so they could enjoy their experience without the cussing etc; whilst other, for want of a better word, 'hardened' fans can enjoy their's elsewhere in the stadium.

It all has to start somewhere, and Bruce Allen made big strides last year with the Dallas/homecoming idea which was a thing of beauty amongst other things on game day. But the Redskins really need to address a lot more and start taking care of all of their paying customers.

Hail.

these drunks sure helped us have a great record since we got to fedex lol. no wonder why games are so empty!

Just for the record, the Redskins record at JKC, Redskins Stadium, FedEx Field, 57 wins, 54 losses and 1 tie. They are 1-0 in the playoffs there. Yes, what a homefield advantage. Only the strong survive? I hope The Dude was joking.

you're absolutely right. a family section seems like a no-brainer. some kind of separation between the two types of crowds.
I had actually mentioned this, along with many others, when this obligatory off season thread comes up. I am surprised the NFL has not mandated it. The future of your business is the kids. You have to market to them as well. Sure the adults spend the money but I am sure all of us were Redskins fans as kids. Kid out grow jerseys, shirts and hats.

What is a Dead Tree Crew?

In 2001 the Dead Tree Crew, or DTC was three kids aged 18, 20, and 21 who by fate met eachother years before and decided to start what now could be called one of the most infamous tailgates, not only at FedEx Field, not only in the NFL, but the world.

Fast forward to 2011, the DTC is one of the largest, if not largest tailgate at FedEx Field.

Have we got in fights in the past 11 years? Very few actually.

Do some attendees get super drunk at our tailgate? Yes, absolutely.

But in the past 11 years, the co-founders of the DTC, and members that have contributed during the years have transformed the DTC tailgate to "premier" levels.

My friend and myself, personally finance most everything involved. Tents, grills, music equipment, food, drinks, and a few other "core" members fill in the rest.

If you are an opposing fan, nothing has changed during those years, you are still not welcome.

If you are a Redskins fan, nothing has changed during the same amount of time, you are always welcome to come stop by and eat and drink with us. You dont have to bring anything but a strong allegiance to the team.

We have had offers to be sponsored by various companies, have been approached to sell merchandise and cash in on the 11 years of viral marketing, but we declined.

The DTC is still what it was in 2001. An awesome time for Redskin fans, and a not so awesome time for opposing fans.

If you like excellent food, good music, plenty of drink selections, alcoholic, or non alcoholic, Redskin fans that bleed burgundy and **** gold, and prefer your girl to guy ratio at 50%, then the DTC tailgate is for you.

Now, if you spend most of your life on the internet, and enjoy judging people and things you have never seen in real life, and have a pre-determined notion that the DTC is a bunch of alcoholic thugs, then just dont attend it.

Its in the green lot. Section F-51. Along side the hill behind Jericho Church, under a dead tree.

There is a reason why every NFL season the DTC tailgate population grows. There is a reason why multiple news outlets, whether they be online, on TV or in print, are there pretty much every game.

The people that have been, they know the reason.

The people that have not been, watch a video on the internet, well they wont know, and if I was judgmental, which I am not, id say they don't know much anyways.

Either way, the DTC will be open for business as usual this season.

We have upgraded pretty much the entire tailgate and have some new additions this season that will be sure to please the regulars.

Cant wait.

Hail to the Redskins!

Mr. Mayor great post but your link to your website goes to a third party type person search engine, just FYI. Love thes symbol though, you are right across the lot from us, will need to swing by this year and see this spectacle.

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 06:40 PM ----------

Last week on 980 Bruce Allen was talking about the party decks as a way to get more young people and families involved during Redskins games. Hmmmmmm.........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/bruce-allen-on-fedex-party-decks-and-the-waiting-list/2011/07/18/gIQAmwEmLI_blog.html

Yeah, don't know if you want families hanging out at the deck, unless you have a plan or security in place. I can see me marketing some shirts now "My kid got decked at the FedEx Party Deck."

Last week on 980 Bruce Allen was talking about the party decks as a way to get more young people and families involved during Redskins games. Hmmmmmm.........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/bruce-allen-on-fedex-party-decks-and-the-waiting-list/2011/07/18/gIQAmwEmLI_blog.html

Some of the utter, often contradictory codswallop coming out from the organization the past few weeks about the stadium renovations have to be heard to be believed.

Right Bruce, I'm sure parents can't wait to take their kids to the game so they can all take in the party deck experience.

Hail

And id also like to add, in the past, threads that contain anything about the DTC, usually get locked, even if no DTC member posts. I ask that this does not follow suit.

When I started posting here in 2000, when I was 20, yeah, I was a ********.

At 31, im still the same ********, just 11 years smarter.

Let the haters hate, because without all the people hating the DTC, using time and effort to defame the DTC, in reality got us the fame, and helped us grow.

So..............HATE ON!

What is a Dead Tree Crew?

In 2001 the Dead Tree Crew, or DTC was three kids aged 18, 20, and 21 who by fate met eachother years before and decided to start what now could be called one of the most infamous tailgates, not only at FedEx Field, not only in the NFL, but the world.

Fast forward to 2011, the DTC is one of the largest, if not largest tailgate at FedEx Field.

Have we got in fights in the past 11 years? Very few actually.

Do some attendees get super drunk at our tailgate? Yes, absolutely.

But in the past 11 years, the co-founders of the DTC, and members that have contributed during the years have transformed the DTC tailgate to "premier" levels.

My friend and myself, personally finance most everything involved. Tents, grills, music equipment, food, drinks, and a few other "core" members fill in the rest.

If you are an opposing fan, nothing has changed during those years, you are still not welcome.

If you are a Redskins fan, nothing has changed during the same amount of time, you are always welcome to come stop by and eat and drink with us. You dont have to bring anything but a strong allegiance to the team.

We have had offers to be sponsored by various companies, have been approached to sell merchandise and cash in on the 11 years of viral marketing, but we declined.

The DTC is still what it was in 2001. An awesome time for Redskin fans, and a not so awesome time for opposing fans.

If you like excellent food, good music, plenty of drink selections, alcoholic, or non alcoholic, Redskin fans that bleed burgundy and **** gold, and prefer your girl to guy ratio at 50%, then the DTC tailgate is for you.

Now, if you spend most of your life on the internet, and enjoy judging people and things you have never seen in real life, and have a pre-determined notion that the DTC is a bunch of alcoholic thugs, then just dont attend it.

Its in the green lot. Section F-51. Along side the hill behind Jericho Church, under a dead tree.

There is a reason why every NFL season the DTC tailgate population grows. There is a reason why multiple news outlets, whether they be online, on TV or in print, are there pretty much every game.

The people that have been, they know the reason.

The people that have not been, watch a video on the internet, well they wont know, and if I was judgmental, which I am not, id say they don't know much anyways.

Either way, the DTC will be open for business as usual this season.

We have upgraded pretty much the entire tailgate and have some new additions this season that will be sure to please the regulars.

Cant wait.

Hail to the Redskins!

So which drunken video brawl in the first post was a DTC member/tailgater responsible for? I'll take a guess. All 5.

Mayor,

I've seen you guys personally, have seen videos, and also saw your website before it seemingly no longer exists.

How in the world does anything you described in that long post prove that you guys are not part of the problem at FedEx Field. All it does is give you cred, kinda like a gang.

Good natured, non-confrontational harrassing of opposing fans at FedEx Field is not a bad thing. But the drunken bafoons of the DTC take it a step too far and are absolutely part of the problem at FedEx Field.

Archived