Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread Part II [CLOSED]

Sticksboi05

Since a few role guys may leave, we gotta stock up

However, how important are first round picks in hockey?

I know our whole team is built on them

To our team, in a weak draft, not much. This team needs to win a Cup next year. Granted, I still think its far too steep of a price to pay

What makes you think players want him gone? I mean I think they should, but most of them have no room to talk after this year,s debacle... Except OV of course but he loves Semin.

I've hung out with a couple of 'em since the season's ended. Not gonna say who, but that's what they've told me

Nah. This was a weak draft and the last thing we need is a soft European player who isn't going to play like Holmstrom. At #26 we'd be drafting a guy that wouldn't make the team next year. We need to win NOW.

This, McPhee didn't like any of the prospects in the draft this year. Trading the pick was the smart thing to do.

FYI, Semin plays RW, he has for like 5 years now. Brouwer is a natural left but has played both sides. Brouwer isn't much in terms of 2 way play, and he doesn't kill penalties. I doubt he's a consistent 20 goal scorer here unless he ends up playing a ton of soft minutes. He benefited in Chicago from getting a ridiculous amount of his starts in the offensive zone with Kane and Toews (lol at Toews getting Selke votes btw). Too steep a price, but this is what happens when you needlessly throw away 2nd round picks in the Corvo and Arnott trades, although it appears Vancouver was willing to part with their 1st for this player.

Hopefully he's more Chimera replacement as opposed to Laich replacement. He fits best as a bottom 6 guy who can score 10-15 goals, get 2nd PP unit time, and skate with top 6 guys in a pinch.

I tell you though, they better sure as heck be thinking about "going for it" soon, cause their farm system is getting tremendously weak. Very few NHL level players as it is, and none coming in. They're going to have to get better in the later rounds regardless.

Most are guessing another, much bigger trade goes down this weekend involving Green or Semin.

Who is most? I'd be stunned if they moved either, but I would be completely suprised if they moved Green. 40 goal wingers are rare enough, but point per game D are unheard of. You just won't get equal value with that, and the cap "relief" wouldn't be enough to justify it in my mind.

Who is most? I'd be stunned if they moved either, but I would be completely suprised if they moved Green. 40 goal wingers are rare enough, but point per game D are unheard of. You just won't get equal value with that, and the cap "relief" wouldn't be enough to justify it in my mind.

There's been a lot of buzz from people on Twitter and at the draft. We'll see if it's true. I would not move Green either.

Anyone even remotely reliable? I'd even take a beat writer. Vogel says nothing is happening.

I don't think I've seen anything from anyone legit. then again, I guess I wasn't following twitter

I miss Tarik.

---------- Post added June-25th-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

On the Troy Brouwer trade, I think it may have been a better trade than some folks think, because Vancouver wanted to get in on the action and would have given up their 1st round pick, which was only 3 spots after ours. I trust GMGM's assessment of the talent. Say what you will about him, but he has an eye for talent.

capitals 4th round pick: Steffen Soberg. Goaltender out of Norway

wonder if this is a BPA type deal, or if we're loading up on another goaltending prospect as we get ready to trade one away. With Holtby ready for the NHL, Grubauer was our only real goaltending prospect in the works.

capitals 4th round pick: Steffen Soberg. Goaltender out of Norway

wonder if this is a BPA type deal, or if we're loading up on another goaltending prospect as we get ready to trade one away. With Holtby ready for the NHL, Grubauer was our only real goaltending prospect in the works.

You're never drafting for need in the later rounds, at least I hope they wouldn't. BPA, maybe to them, he wasn't ranked by Central Scouting.

Archived