• 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

To me, you can look at it one of two ways.

The conspiracy theorist: Danny continues to bring in big name coaches and big name players to drum up interest in the team, sell jerseys, sell tickets, sell merch and get pub for the Redskins. He's all about the money and has a cold heart.

The take it as it comes fan: Danny brings in big name coaches, who have their own egos. Each coach thinks he is smarter than the guy before him, and thinks, "oh, well I can bring in all of these guys and win with them now." And after a couple of seasons, they lose their flavor with Danny and he gets rid of them. Thus a lack of continuity and overall disorganization and chaos.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Probably leaning more towards the former, but trying to works it's way into a legitimate franchise.

Does anyone out there know if Dan finished paying off the Millsteins, and when it happened? Or are they still minority owners of the team? I am wondering if, in his business savvy, Danny pursued the last decade like he did in order to pay off all of his loans....and only now is he starting to act right. Not sure, I don't know enough about that side of the team to make an intelligent guess, but it would be interesting to find out.

HAIL!

Aggressive Front Office = Offering double the trade value for another team's player

Hands Off Owner = Having the president/head coach and director-of-player-personnel report every move to him for approval

Good Character = Cheating on his wife with a cheerleader

Disgruntled = Forced to leave town when his secret affair with a reporter is revealed

The Future = Now

Paloffs = Now

A Long Time = Less than a season

Patience = Less than a season

Long Term = Next season

Rebuilding = See Winning The Offseason___(Post #11 this thread)

Slamming = The illegal practice of switching a customer’s telephone service without authorization. Can make enough money to enable one to become owner of a professional sports team.

Swinging Gate = Most successful pass play in Redskins playbook

Primetime Game = Embarassment

Silent Count = What the home team does when the visitor's fans are too loud.

Fan Safety = Only allowing owner-approved fan signs in the stadium

1994 – Season so disappointing that even Zorn's 4-12 record in 2009 looks good by comparison.

lawsuit – n. Something you file to intimidate reporters who criticize you.

signs –n., pl. Items which are prohibited under the guise of "safety reasons", but only if they criticize the front office.

public relations – n. plan executed without forethought that blows up in your face; see also: "lawsuit" and "signs".

Incompetence = The very definition of "Redskins Football" during the Snyder Era.

Mr. Snyder = The way EVERYONE is required to address his holiness, the Honorable Daniel Snyder.

Free Agency = The time spent overpaying for other team's star players without regard for their previous systems, character issues, the salary cap, and the make-up of the current Skins team.

"Played our guts out".............completed the game with the required number of players on or near the field of play with no particular indication of effort or success.

"cardiovasular conditioning"..............an hour of wind sprints used turn an overweight, undermotivated Dline man into....well, a still overweight less motivated lineman.

"Albert Haynesworth".................princess, thief, bad team mate, fatty, lies on ground and plays dead, lawsuit, fecal matter

"Zornahan"................lapdog, lacky, whipping post, one who has authority over no one and nothing

This thread is kinda therapeutic.

Vet Min = Terms that Skins fans would sign anyone on the team for.

Hi There = A messageboard warning that somebody screwed up

Veteran Player = Past his prime

Super Smart = see Veteran Player

30 Years Old = Young

Supplemental Draft = Method for a team to waste future draft picks without needing a trade partner.

#1 Wide Receiver = The philosophy that you only need one good wide reciever on a team.

Game Has Passed Him By = A coach that leads us to more playoff runs than any other this era.

Practice = A team activity that is optional for most famous players.

Not About The Money = Totally about the money. (thanks Deion Sanders!)

To me, you can look at it one of two ways.

The conspiracy theorist: Danny continues to bring in big name coaches and big name players to drum up interest in the team, sell jerseys, sell tickets, sell merch and get pub for the Redskins. He's all about the money and has a cold heart.

The take it as it comes fan: Danny brings in big name coaches, who have their own egos. Each coach thinks he is smarter than the guy before him, and thinks, "oh, well I can bring in all of these guys and win with them now." And after a couple of seasons, they lose their flavor with Danny and he gets rid of them. Thus a lack of continuity and overall disorganization and chaos.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Probably leaning more towards the former, but trying to works it's way into a legitimate franchise.

HAIL!

I don't know Snyder, but my opinion is that he does care about the success of the team but that in the past he's tried to run a football team like a Fortune 500 company. In the big leagues of business, it is often very appropriate for a board of directors to hire big name executives to turn around struggling companies, but a football team is obviously a different animal.

While there are obvious cases to be made for hiring retread coaches (Schotty, Holmgren, Dick Vermeil, etc.), there are very few guarantees that inserting X player into the lineup is going to have any immediate impact on turning around a losing football team. I think he's learned the difference, but we'll just have to wait and see if Snyder's retread coach is capable of any great success without John Elway and the suffocating altitudes of Denver, Colorado.

12 years= Apparently the minimum amount of time required for an owner to try and "learn" that it's probably a good idea to let football people make football decisions

Friday Lunch= A weekly get together to go over the game plan with your neutered coach

Coaching Consultant= Be it 1999 or 2009 it's always a good idea to try and "help" the coaching staff by bringing in an outsider to come in and take over during the season

Deion Sanders= Super Bowl

Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato= A fo setup like "Joe Gibbs had" (Steve Spurrier 2002 intro press conf)

Bingo calling = minimum skill requirement for coaching consultant

Zorny = so excited you can't think straight

McFlubb = making an ill-advised trade of draft picks for a veteran on the decline

Take a Haynesworth = execute a bowel movement

Hail Mary = see McFlubb

....To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

- Excerpt Act 5, Scene 5 from MacBeth by William Shakespeare

BPA draft strategy= Drafting a known gimp and a college one year wonder at receiver,along with a narcoleptic TE...all in the same round,while your Oline and Dline wither on the vine.

Franchise QB= what other teams have and something we fail to acquire

Center= Rabach, which is Commanche for: former subway turnstile that snaps the ball to whomever the QB is

Right Tackle= Heyer,which in Sioux means: pushed around like shopping cart

Playbook= where our starting TE keeps his junk.

Archived