Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Researchers Prove Bible Grossly Mistranslated

China

Why is it we hear these claims every year but nothing ever changes?

If you want to know why, check the length of this thread in relation to the time it was started, and all this for possibly the most ridiculous Biblically related thing I've seen on the internet (and it's got a lot of competetion).

People like to be titilated (uh, no pun intended? :silly:). If you publish "shocking" news about the Bible, people will flock to it.

Solid scholarship isn't nearly as interesting.

The good looking chicks are no accident - the head cult guy likes big boobies.

Actually, on further reflection, many of those people might actually be too good looking for fringe cult members.

I kind of smell an elaborate prank.

If you want to know why, check the length of this thread in relation to the time it was started, and all this for possibly the most ridiculous Biblically related thing I've seen on the internet (and it's got a lot of competetion).

People like to be titilated (uh, no pun intended? :silly:). If you publish "shocking" news about the Bible, people will flock to it.

Solid scholarship isn't nearly as interesting.

Actually, on further reflection, many of those people might actually be too good looking for fringe cult members.

I kind of smell an elaborate prank.

Even though I pull pranks all the time, I am very gullible....yes, that could be the case.

Thou shall not kill... totally off, they meant thou shall pull them in the house if on the front stoop.

Thou shall not steal.. close but they failed to show paragraph three on allowable deductions with iffy receipts

Don't even get me started on Covet or Sloth.. the Greek version had it right.

Ummm was there anyone who believed that the bible, especially the old testament, was literally true?

This really shouldn't be a shock to anyone

Ummm...me? And a lot of other people? Are you serious? I don't know that every single passage is literally true, but for example I believe the Creation story is literally true.

I'm sure this thread is the most attention this "research team" has gotten. And half the posts are about the researches bust size.

"Research team tracks planted Bible translation story's internet migration"

~Bang

I'm sure this thread is the most attention this "research team" has gotten. And half the posts are about the researches bust size.

I don't know... that CNN Ireport is starting to get a lot of hits. Every board has its China, I guess...

ndrcxi.gif

In case you can't see yourself for how you're coming across, there are several people in this thread thinking, "Man, Deacon's a douchebag." I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs. If you feel the need to try to make me look like a fool by posting some idiotic clip to show just how crazy you think I am, all I feel is pity for you and your level of maturity in accepting other people for who they are. If you think I'm crazy, that's fine. If you can't respect my beliefs, though, then we've got a problem.

In case you can't see yourself for how you're coming across, there are several people in this thread thinking, "Man, Deacon's a douchebag." I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs. If you feel the need to try to make me look like a fool by posting some idiotic clip to show just how crazy you think I am, all I feel is pity for you and your level of maturity in accepting other people for who they are. If you think I'm crazy, that's fine. If you can't respect my beliefs, though, then we've got a problem.

Chicken fried, just ignore people who poo-poo on your beliefs. Why give them a platform? Also, who cares what someone else thinks?

Kind of ironic - we are belittling these people for rewriting the bible and, well...it's kind of funny!

I didn't see anyone asking you to apologize for your beliefs. But if you're going to announce, online, a belief that many people disagree with and find far fetched, you should be ready to get at least a bit of ribbing. It isn't like he posted some long diatribe about how you're stupid and only a cretin would believe that stuff, yadda yadda. He replied with a funny animated gif that expressed his surprise and bewilderment at the idea without going ad hominem on you; I think that is a pretty good way to get point across without going overboard. You can accept other people for who they are, you can respect that they have their own views/beliefs, but you can also completely disagree with those views and voice that, especially if the other person publicly shares it. Obviously he disagrees with your beliefs. Would you rather he write up a long, drawn out post and end up in some big debate? I'm getting a feeling that perhaps your skin is a bit thin or you're a bit too defensive when it comes to this stuff.

Guest Spearfeather
I didn't see anyone asking you to apologize for your beliefs. But if you're going to announce, online, a belief that many people disagree with and find far fetched, you should be ready to get at least a bit of ribbing. QUOTE]

th_SmileyQuestions.jpg

th_SmileyQuestions.jpg

My point being that if you don't want to risk any possibility of people giving you a hard time about something, you're probably better off not sharing it on a message board where that is pretty much the norm. I'm not saying that people shouldn't voice their opinions or beliefs or whatever they want on here; go for it. I'm just saying that if you do, you should probably be at least somewhat prepared for people who disagree to let you know and perhaps give you some crap about it. If you can't deal with that possibility, then don't post it.

My point being that if you don't want to risk any possibility of people giving you a hard time about something, you're probably better off not sharing it on a message board where that is pretty much the norm. I'm not saying that people shouldn't voice their opinions or beliefs or whatever they want on here; go for it. I'm just saying that if you do, you should probably be at least somewhat prepared for people who disagree to let you know and perhaps give you some crap about it. If you can't deal with that possibility, then don't post it.

I would rather have someone state that they don't agree and say why as opposed to making it into a joke. I don't expect people to agree with me because most likely don't. All I ask for is a respectful attitude about it.

I would rather have someone state that they don't agree and say why as opposed to making it into a joke. I don't expect people to agree with me because most likely don't. All I ask for is a respectful attitude about it.

I will respectfully say that you don't live in the dark ages.

Guest Spearfeather
I will respectfully say that you don't live in the dark ages.

I will also respectfully say that you did not come from a pre-biotic soup.

Archived